What's wrong with this plant?

ayefish

Hello all. I started this Fem GSC from seed. Genetics came from a reputable seedbank. Started it in homebrew soil and transplanted at 4 weeks into a 15 gal with Fox Farms Ocean Harvest. No problems until a week after transplant when it stopped growing and started cupping up and looking deformed. Any ideas?

ResizedImage_1439080813531.jpg

Your plant has a nutrient imbalance caused by bad pH. Have you ever flushed a plant before? Flush in the morning pH water 6.5

Vlad

Thanks Vlad. I'll flush in the morning. What is the usual time it takes to notice a change/improvement?

Thanks Vlad. I'll flush in the morning. What is the usual time it takes to notice a change/improvement?

You have a 15 gallon grow pot. The recommended amount of water to flush is 3x the volume.

You will notice a change in the plant from the 2nd or 3rd day, up to a week. You are looking for nice new growth, unfortunately most of the time damaged growth will not recover.

After the flush, don't water or feed until you're sure the plant is ready to have a drink again. Flushing can be stressful if done the wrong way. Only do flushes in the morning, later in the day will leave her water logged at night.

Flushing with clear water pH´d at 6.5 for soil is a great way to reduce the salts concentration built up in your root zone

Vlad

It does look like a pH issue to me as well. Fox Farms Ocean Forest is notoriously a 'hot' soil with a low pH, so keeping it in line may take a bit of work. Like Vlad said, flushing is the first step. Then you just need to keep an eye on the runoff pH.

Keep in mind that the twisted and curled growth you are seeing now won't improve much/at all. You'll have to watch the new growth to see if you've fixed the issue. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom