When do I transplant clones

hurr

This clone was transplanted to this pot (6" or about) on 1/22/14 after a couple weeks. This plant is from my mother plant.I tend to transplant early as I hate to mess up good roots. Should this be transplanted to the next pot (around 12" across the top) or wait, what say ye?

DSC047261.JPG
DSC047251.JPG
DSC047292.JPG

Yes. I would transplant them asap. In most cases it only take's them two too three weeks to out grow solo cups. If you don't transplant you will slow there growth down and may run into more problems. Now that is from what I have been threw growing. I use solo cups all the time.

C O F.,

I will check into the Smart Pots, thanks. I am a little gun shy transplanting as the last two did not go so well. One had to be repoted and is not doing very well and the other is stunted pretty bad. Maybe the new pot is too large but how would the plant know what size the pot is. I think that I will repot B2C2 as it is the healthiest and wait to see how it does.

Normally takes about 2 weeks for a rooted clone to fill a out small pot of a size 1 litre or smaller & that should be suitable enough to transplant/pot up into the final pot size.

How ever growth may be a little slow for the first week or so as it takes time for the new plant to establish itself in the new growing medium... lets call that root growth.

Some nutrient brands even offer nutrients for root growth they are mainly micro nutrients to assist root development.

Things are going well. I transplanted the larger (B2C2) plant. I checked the roots on the other and found that it needs more time to fill out the pot, only 3 or 4 roots showing.
I really appreciate the help I have received from the people on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom