When I Started

That is exactly the problem. There is no addiction when it comes to pot. But it's what we were all told by the machine. If it was not for my friend way back when, I fear to think how long it would of taken for me to realize for myself that everything I learned about cannabis was completely ass backwards! That is one of the reasons I will never forget the look on my friend. Not nessacerily to remember what he said then but so I will remember to question everything that I hear and see. This way has kept me much more informed in this journey that is my life.
It's really nice to finally have this community. I have lurked here for years but I never had as much enjoyment as when I started to interact with the great people here. So just to through this out there. If you are a lurked like I was just a few weeks ago. Do yourself a favor and post. You will not believe how good it feels to come out of the dark and into the light. Every post I make now makes me feel better. Thanks everyone!

Hey, it's great to see this thread resurrected for some more stories!

I didn't want to post mine right away - wanted to hear from some others first - and then it faded away for a couple months. So, here's mine.

. . .

I had the same thought. But I am so scatter-brained these past months. I have to gather my thoughts and I will post mine. Short but sweet.
I promise to be back with a story.

:peace:

Let's see . . . May 1970. Being a curious teenager, I read everything I could find about the counter-culture & pot. Even back then, it was pretty evident to a 16 year old that the anti-reefer crowd didn't have a leg to stand on. So of course, I had to try some. I bought a nickel ($5 for a gram) of black hash from an acquaintance at school. With my treasure (wrapped in the foil of a cigarette pack) I snuck out into the woods nearby — we lived on the edge of town - where there was an abandoned sheep shack. I toked small pieces off of the end of a cigarette. Hmm. This was it? I remember being disappointed at the time but I didn't give up. Now, 47 years later I am still smoking.

Only a few months after I started, I had a serious run in with the law. Thankfully the tide of public opinion was just changing here & I got really, really lucky & avoided jail. Btw my court day was the day Jimi Hendrix died. I heard it on the radio in the car with my mother on the way to court. Btw btw I didn't rat on my 'dealer' despite police pressure & promises. I became a legend at school & he became my best friend through graduation.

My flirtation with the chemical side of illicit drugs didn't last long but my taste for cannabis did. Jobs, marriages, kids - life zipped by but I was never far from a buddy with a joint or a stash of my own for longer than 6 months or so along the way. Except for a 12 year hashish drought that I blame on the over-abundance of leaf from BC . . .

I work in a pot friendly industry which means that pleasure & business have often welded together & so - needless to say - I have a lifetime of pot stories & adventures. It has been a fun ride & it ain't over yet.

But now, what was once exclusively recreational is turning into medicinal as my body dilapidates. I am running 13 months Oxi free since I decided to solve pain issues with cannabis. I hate opioids. I hate the feeling. I hate the cold sweats. But for many years, they were an answer. I was never addicted but I was also never more than 100 feet away from my supply - in case I needed them - so it amounts to almost the same thing. Now that my acute pain is a thing of the past (knock on wood), a good heavy-duty indica leaf or hash seems to work just fine for the residual. And I am finally applying for my medicinal & personal grow licenses this week to make it all legit in case the various levels of gov't here drag their feet on legalization over the next year (which I expect).

Let's see . . . May 1970. Being a curious teenager, I read everything I could find about the counter-culture & pot. Even back then, it was pretty evident to a 16 year old that the anti-reefer crowd didn't have a leg to stand on. So of course, I had to try some. I bought a nickel ($5 for a gram) of black hash from an acquaintance at school. With my treasure (wrapped in the foil of a cigarette pack) I snuck out into the woods nearby — we lived on the edge of town - where there was an abandoned sheep shack. I toked small pieces off of the end of a cigarette. Hmm. This was it? I remember being disappointed at the time but I didn't give up. Now, 47 years later I am still smoking.

Only a few months after I started, I had a serious run in with the law. Thankfully the tide of public opinion was just changing here & I got really, really lucky & avoided jail. Btw my court day was the day Jimi Hendrix died. I heard it on the radio in the car with my mother on the way to court. Btw btw I didn't rat on my 'dealer' despite police pressure & promises. I became a legend at school & he became my best friend through graduation.

My flirtation with the chemical side of illicit drugs didn't last long but my taste for cannabis did. Jobs, marriages, kids - life zipped by but I was never far from a buddy with a joint or a stash of my own for longer than 6 months or so along the way. Except for a 12 year hashish drought that I blame on the over-abundance of leaf from BC . . .

I work in a pot friendly industry which means that pleasure & business have often welded together & so - needless to say - I have a lifetime of pot stories & adventures. It has been a fun ride & it ain't over yet.

But now, what was once exclusively recreational is turning into medicinal as my body dilapidates. I am running 13 months Oxi free since I decided to solve pain issues with cannabis. I hate opioids. I hate the feeling. I hate the cold sweats. But for many years, they were an answer. I was never addicted but I was also never more than 100 feet away from my supply - in case I needed them - so it amounts to almost the same thing. Now that my acute pain is a thing of the past (knock on wood), a good heavy-duty indica leaf or hash seems to work just fine for the residual. And I am finally applying for my medicinal & personal grow licenses this week to make it all legit in case the various levels of gov't here drag their feet on legalization over the next year (which I expect).

I read this and thought "This was part of the price we paid for prohibition. We thought of cannabis as a recreational drug when we'd have been better advised to consider it a food source." Had we chosen to view cannabis in a more realistic light some of the "old age" concerns we now deal with might have been avoided.

At least we're aware of the healing potential now. We are all patients when we consume cannabis in any form. Cannabinoids create the atmosphere of spontaneous healing, when dosed in sufficient numbers and on a reasonable schedule. Chronic consumers of cannabis are leaner than the general non-consuming public and tend to lead healthier lifestyles. This could be something we can look forward to as our society opens its eyes and educates themselves on the realities of cannabis.

All those lies they told us were told with wickedly effective propaganda tools. We have a huge job of reeducation ahead. Let's do it gently, flavored with copious amounts of love and acceptance.

Yet another teenage smoker who didn't turn out to be a drag on society because he used cannabis. Go figure. :laughtwo:

Yet another teenage smoker who didn't turn out to be a drag on society because he used cannabis. Go figure. :laughtwo:

I have met many, many very successful potheads. Musicians. Business owners. Policemen. Even a millionaire or 3 . . .

Somehow all of us escaped the deadly embrace of the Devil Weed.

I have met many, many very successful potheads. Musicians. Business owners. Policemen. Even a millionaire or 3 . . .

Somehow all of us escaped the deadly embrace of the Devil Weed.

:rofl: The stereotype amuses me. Those 30,000 plus posts were all done under the euphoric influence of the Devil's lettuce. Lol! Tell me again how dangerous it is, and how it interferes with your ability to be a contributing citizen. Lol!

I started when I was Young. I'm a late bloomer college years because I don't want to take it at first. I am really curious because most of my friends are into it. My first time was a bomb. I got high in few minutes and continuously take it. I remember all we are laughing at each other discussing the greatness of this blessing to the Humanity. I hope smartphones were there when that happened to record how cool that day was. I will never forgot that old days.

This has resulted in our foods being deficient in the building blocks of cannabinoids, making the job of healing your body almost impossible for the strained and undersupplied endocannabinoid system.
Barring a miraculous realignment of the plant's social, political and agricultural systems we have a solution right before us. Cannabinoids and terpenoids found in cannabis speak to the body's healing system in a way that's functionally identical to what the body would do on its own, if it could under these intense pressures.
My contention is that cannabis is really a basic nutrient, and my question is what is wrong with helping your body heal with the ingestion of additional cannabinoids?
Sue, what are your thoughts on using cannabis strictly as a dietary supplement? Literally - no decarb or any other process to psychoactivate the THC. Just using the plant to replace what we've lost in our body's nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom