When to test the goods

mmaman

if a plant has been flowering for 4 or 5 weeks and has some nice buds forming could you cut one off and taste it? just enough for a bowl pack? and if so how would you do a speed cure? thanks

I'd say you waited this long, what's a little more? It's tough I know, we all know, but that little nug has the potential to be so much more in the long run. Curing it breaks down the chlorophyll and sugars and whatever else is going on in there and that takes time.

Or fuggit just spark it.

I say go for it, just don't strip the plant bare unless you're out of bud and don't mind sacrificing yield and potency for saving the cost of an ounce.

If you just want to try some you could be better off clipping some sugar leaf from around the buds - if the leaves have trichnomes the trichs should be more mature than those on the buds (always found this to be the case). Plus you will still have some bud left growing on the plant..

Clip up the leaf or bud into small peices and put on a microwaveable plate - microwave in 10 - 20 second intervals, opening the microwave to let the moisture out each time, until the bud is dry. A fork is good to move around the wet bud - there will be a puddle under it as it starts to loose water. A credit card is good towards the end. If you have a microwaveable grate it lets the bottom dry quicker.

A food dehydrator will dry the buds in several hours.

At 5 weeks most bud will be fairly weak, but you might get a nice 15 minute mild stone. Might taste harsh.

cool thanks i'm tryin to wait but i might have to pinch a bit. lol

"sugar leafs?"

The small ones growing with/in the buds - they look like they've been sprinkled in sugar because they have a lot of trichnomes on them. Snip a bit of leaf and a bit of bud from the same area and check them under a 60X-100X scope. The trichnomes on the leaf will almost always turn milky and amber before those on the buds.

Another way to dry is putting your bud on a metal mesh cooking screen and baking at 175 degrees F until they're dry enough.

You won't be smoking schwag. If I am out of nugs and my garden is in week 4 or 5, I cut a plant and smoke it until the rest of the crop finishes. They usually already have the taste that they will finish with, they aren't as potent or as large, but they are tasty and get me stoned for an hour or so. If you have a flat panel tv you can put a few grams on top of it while it is on and they will dry in about 6 hrs. Using the microwave really sucks, if you use the microwave try to only dry the smallest amount you need, and keep the microwave on 50% power.

this is kind of weird but worked really good for me. Clip your little bud and put it into a white envelope and put on a table or counter. Then take your blow dryer and aim it at the weed in the envelope about 2-3 inches away. I put mine on warm to medium at low to med speed and dried small buds for testing pretty fast (1/2 hr or so) You might need to weight the envelope down to keep it from blowing around.:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom