Where are all my MA growers at?

Eww, what a mess!

My basement had a nice waterfall pouring in at the height of the storm but it's only partially concrete floor so it drains pretty well.
Yeah unfortunately my sub pump decided it was going to give out on me right when I need it. So a few hundred dollars for a submersible and now a new sub pump. I guess I'm going to have to wait for my new LED light and Magic Butter making machine lol :)

My basement so far is dry(so far) and has a RH of 50-55% since we use a dehumidifier. Problem is that it's cold so I don't vent my tent enough = RH spikes of up to 72=me finding mold in some of my plants last night. Off to the grow store to see what they sell to get rid of mold unless anyone has some tips. Looking around in the forums it looks like many people just guess at vinegar and peroxcide.

Hi Eeko, that's a drag. I have a similar problem in that my basement is cold and takes in water from heavy rains. I have my tent on cinder blocks topped with a sheet of plywood. The water levels never reach above a couple of inches so it is safe. With an oil radiator inside the tent to keep the temps around 75 degrees I have had pretty good success. Good luck.

My basement so far is dry(so far) and has a RH of 50-55% since we use a dehumidifier. Problem is that it's cold so I don't vent my tent enough = RH spikes of up to 72=me finding mold in some of my plants last night. Off to the grow store to see what they sell to get rid of mold unless anyone has some tips. Looking around in the forums it looks like many people just guess at vinegar and peroxcide.
Uhggg that sucks!!! Did you get something?

Uhggg that sucks!!! Did you get something?

I opened a bottom 8x20" vent (guessing at size), left the top of the tent door open maybe 10" by 3 feet, and the RH inside the tent was 43 and 55 outside. Looked at dehumidifiers at Home Depot today.....fuc...$200 for a midgrade and $280 for one that pumps it away. We have one in the basement now and I might move it close to the tent or even in it. Called my "grow shop" (the one up in Westminster/ Emerald City)....I gotta give them a plug, they have a rewards program, something like if you spend $1000 you get a $100 or $150 store credit aside from that you can walk in and show pictures and your story and they will sell you something to fix it. Today they sold me SNS 244 Fungicide which is suppose to be safe to use almost up to harvest....$26.99. These little trips for this or that are adding up, last week it was for some cal/mag and base nutes....I would love to go a week or two without needing anything.

Here's a Monday mindfuck for you guys

420-magazine-mobile716573391.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2075162368.jpg

Anybody ever see this before?

The bud to leaf ratio is a bit off lol. :) The plant can change it's tissues from one form to another, like stem>root so it's not that unusual to see. I've seen others get it with certain genetics...OGKB comes to mind. You can get a small tiny bud there, but usually it's underdeveloped.

Basements usually get water due to improper water management with gutters and downspouts, and hydrostatic pressure from under the slab - water table. The easy fix for gutters and downspouts is to make sure you're getting water away from your foundation, otherwise the downspout dumps it right where you don't want it, behind the basement wall. The sump won't help with that, it only helps to keep down hydrostatic pressure from under the slab, and to pump out any water that found it's way in through the walls.

Sump is for the floor, downspouts help deal with the walls. If none of that works, you can cut a french/trench drain in the basement floor that will direct all water to a sump. You can also use elastic and polymer paints to seal the walls. You can usually do most of this work yourself, it's no harder than growing decent plants and we are all there often enough. :)

With that said, I'm a second floor kinda guy if I get a choice. :Namaste:

The bud to leaf ratio is a bit off lol. :) The plant can change it's tissues from one form to another, like stem>root so it's not that unusual to see. I've seen others get it with certain genetics...OGKB comes to mind. You can get a small tiny bud there, but usually it's underdeveloped.

Basements usually get water due to improper water management with gutters and downspouts, and hydrostatic pressure from under the slab - water table. The easy fix for gutters and downspouts is to make sure you're getting water away from your foundation, otherwise the downspout dumps it right where you don't want it, behind the basement wall. The sump won't help with that, it only helps to keep down hydrostatic pressure from under the slab, and to pump out any water that found it's way in through the walls.

Sump is for the floor, downspouts help deal with the walls. If none of that works, you can cut a french/trench drain in the basement floor that will direct all water to a sump. You can also use elastic and polymer paints to seal the walls. You can usually do most of this work yourself, it's no harder than growing decent plants and we are all there often enough. :)

With that said, I'm a second floor kinda guy if I get a choice. :Namaste:

I have an active construction zone here. Stone basement walls have always leaked in heavy rain but never put the effort into figuring it out.

120 years ago when this house was built, they never really filled the foundation carefully under the front porch where it was concealed by lattice.

Chip and Dale have been breeding like crazy in those walls for the last year dammit!

It's been incredibly drafty in there for so long. I am stoked about finally getting off my butt and fixing that and seriously pitching the grade away from the house all along the problem side.

Ok another dumb question do i keep the ballasts inside the tent or outside ,,,,I was thinking about mounting them outside the tent on the wall any thoughts ?
Definitely outside the tent. Keep a fan on them or someplace cool. I've seen too many burn out due to high heat in a confined space

Back
Top Bottom