Where to cut leaf?

Watige

About 10 days ago I transplanted into a fabric pot with Fox Farms Ocean Forest and now the leaves are doing this. Why? Should I cut them off and if so where should I cut?

Attachments

• 20190525_152853.jpg
    20190525_152853.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 20190525_152845.jpg
    20190525_152845.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 67
Then it looks like nutrient burn to me but leave the leaves ,it should grow out to the nutrients in the soil ....make sure your ph is on point as well

Isnt fox farms already nuted from the bag ? if it is and your adding additional nutes then you will cook them , hence the burn. as mentioned also your ph has to be correct ot they wont be able to take what they need from the soil. If too acidic/alkaline then they will close their roots( simple explaination) to try to protect the plant. She will then begin to cannibalize for survival hence yellowing sometimes. With nute burn the damage is more rapid like those bigger leaves. I am not a soil grower but there are some great members here who may offer better advice. @Emilya @AngryBird @Pennywise among others. check on the fox farm for nuted or not as a starting point maybe?

While reading up on other aspects of growing this plant I have come across several articles and message threads where the writer feels that the purple stems can be because of genetics or temperatures. If nothing else major seems to be wrong with the plant I don't think that there is need to panic.

And, sometimes trying to cure a minor problem can result in another minor problem, or two, a few weeks later.

If purple branches or petioles are the only “problem” you have then it’s most likely not a problem. If it occurs along side a deficiency then you may have an issue.

How was the roots when you transplanted? Lots? Almost none? Leafs do that in clones when the root system is not established enough. If the clone was almost that size when you got it. You might have damaged some roots transplanting and it's recanablizing lower leaves again. If you gave it good soil I suspect it's not a deficiency It should come back but don't cut the leaves as it may need it for nutrition until roots catch up again. If that is the case don't let the soil dry completely out until your sure the plant is growing well. Don't go too extreme change nutes. Go easy and just make sure what you put is is correct ph and mild growth schedule. A small root boost additive might help recover faster but not completely necessary. It will be fine but may take some time to recover. As long as the clone don't dry out. Cheers

as mentioned by previous members , purpling happens for s variety of reason. Been a constant for me growing so i never give it much thought. With younger plants , the above portion is less about what is really going on than the mass of activity below ground. Leaf issues happen as a result , so aim to force the result your way by managing what goes in. Dont add anything at all to your PH,d 6.2 water until those nutes in the fox farm are depleted. As new grower it is very easy to get pulled into "must feed" mentality but..... allow your girls to tell you when they want more additional/external feed. If my understanding is correct and the fox farm ( as pennywise said) feeds for a few weeks without needing more , then you should ideally use the water alone ( unless a Deficiency says otherwise !)
Once they start to fade in colour from the bottom to a paler green , then begin a mix feeding routine. This should avoid overfeeding them as they look at moment.
If you start a grow journal , you will get members passing through who may offer support and advice. Also great to look back at for changes ect... If you use the link in my signiture " helpful links for mew members" it will show you how easy and quick one is to get going. @Ganjagrandaddy when you do it and i can ogfer some help.maybe along the way.
welcome.to a great community

Back
Top Bottom