which grow box should i buy?

yoeel

hi there i hope im on the right part of the forums to ask this question.

i live in AUS and im looking to invest in a stealth grow box/cabinet.

is there one that anyone can recommend i want to fit about 2-3 plants.

my budget is $1200.

any help would be much appreciated

thanks.

p.s how long would it take to fully grow a plant in a typical grow box?

There are a number of grow tents available that would probably suit your needs. For 2-3 plants for instance, a 2x3 (60cm x 90cm?) would be good enough. For lighting, you'd want about 300 watts. One of 420s sponsors, Mars-Hydro, has a warehouse in Oz and has some very reasonably priced LED panels. With LED you won't have to invest as much into ventilation and cooling for that small space, although you'll still have to vent.

Can't think of anything else offhand, except that after you've made your choice you tend to wish you'd gotten something a little bigger. :laughtwo:

I'm using one of their 'Old Model' LED panels now with some pretty good results.

For a tent,/box I haven't used any, so I can't offer a solid recommendation. Just make sure that it's tall enough to allow you extra space for the light. During Veg you need 18-24" 45-60cm between the canopy and light. Plus height of the plant, height of the container, etc..

Length of time to grow depends on the strain, and you.

Auto strains have a "set" time that they'll take to harvest, although the numbers are usually exaggerated, and it usually takes a few more weeks beyond the breeders harvest date to get a proper harvest.
Photo strains, it will depend how long you Veg them before switching to 12/12. I like at least 4-6 weeks Veg time before I switch to 12/12. My current plant was at 11 weeks Veg before the switch. After that, it's up to the plant. Each strain will have a different length of time. Usually they fall between 8-12 weeks, with most seeming to come in around 9-10 weeks. But some can go longer than 12 weeks, and I'm sure some can be faster than 8 weeks (Although I haven't seen any that fast).

True Sativas tend to have a longer flower time, and true Indicas tend to have a shorter harvest time. But once you get into hybrids, the times vary wildly. I grew an Indica dominant, that took about 11 weeks in flower.

In the end, it's not the actual grow box that will help speed things up or slow things down, it's the environment as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom