Which is more reliable, hydro or soil for you and why? Spider mite tips?

Edward Scissorhash

I'm starting to grow with hydroponics and tried 3 different styles successfully including aeroponics and I understand the plants do grow faster and see this but I plan on growing 12 more to 24 and scaling up. I've never had any soil/root problems with soil before and I'm comfortably certain I won't ever have issues with that going forward. Since I'm new to hydro and I've only had successful minimal experiences, I'm not trying to get ahead of myself and assume problems can't come along the way like root rot or other specifically hydroponic related issues. So, I don't necessarily care that hydroponics grows faster, if soil were to be more reliable as in if there's less things that can go wrong and that is more important to me. Most commercial indoor gardens I see all still use soil from what I see and I know many of these companies or people are very knowledgeable so it makes me want to think soil is more reliable but is that correct? Is stuff like root rot 100% preventable? I know it is a huge problem once you get it and these are the kind of complications I'm trying to avoid because I've had nothing but success so far but I've personally seen what root rot can do and how hard it is to deal with.

So my question is if I'm growing over long term and I don't care about yield, assuming I do all precautionary measures to ensure a healthy growth via hydro or soil.. which is the most reliable to just ensure a successful harvest irregardless of the yield.

I'm just stuck in the middle :p

Also any tips for spidermites would be great.. Just got them for the first time from some clones.. I'm done buying other peoples clones all together so that wont happen again as far as a preventative measure goes.. I don't let any pets or people near my plants as far as transporting mites too. so hopefully i wont get them again but as of right now I have been hosing my plants off from the undersides with pretty decent pressure and then then the next day spraying them with a product called "pure crop 1" that doesnt seem to harm my plants, instantly kills the mites on contact as i checked with a scope but I don't think it kills the eggs and is why i've been alternating days with hosing. If i continue this should I be safe? Also this happened in an indoor grow and i took all of my plants out (vegging) and have them outside while im trying to fix them lately.. ive sprayed bleach spray in my grow rooms. is that enough to clean my facility or how extreme do i need to get? is bleach spraying the whole rooms good enough?

cheers

Hydro all the way, unless you want to be away from your grow, days at time, constantly. Hydro has its upkeep, and if something happens, you have a much smaller window to fix it. That being said, once you have a firm grip on hydro, it's easier imo. Especially if you're concerned with pests. There are a lot more factors out there, money time etc, so you have to do what's best for you. But I would do hydro.

Hydro all the way, unless you want to be away from your grow, days at time, constantly. Hydro has its upkeep, and if something happens, you have a much smaller window to fix it. That being said, once you have a firm grip on hydro, it's easier imo. Especially if you're concerned with pests. There are a lot more factors out there, money time etc, so you have to do what's best for you. But I would do hydro.
Are you saying that hydro is easier dealing with pests? because no soil for them to lay eggs in or burrow in is that what you are getting at? that is a good con. that's pretty much what I'm trying to do.. i did personally try hydro and for awhile now but been doing soil for years. I haven't had any problems with either because I try to prepare myself and not cut corner with anything before I start any project but I'm just trying to weight out all the pros and cons of both here before I decide what I want to buy to grow 12 more. Thanks for the input TysonOG, I appreciate you. Happy 420 in like 1 minute lol.( edit:if ur in my time zone lmao)

Back
Top Bottom