Which Smoking Way do You Prefer?

If you could only smoke one way.........?

• Total voters
In 1976, I was smoking two packs of cigarettes a day. I had tried to quit more times than I can recall and I failed.
My wife took me 8 miles out of town to a campsite on top of a mountain, up a dirt road of 3.3 miles, 11.3 miles away from any civilization and left me for a week alone, a full 7 days with no cigs and an ounce of pot and a pack of papers.
That is how I quit smoking cigs.

I still have an addiction to holding something in my hand, I am guessing, because I just love to smoke joints .

That sounds about right!

I quit smoking (tobacco) at the absolutely most stressful point in my entire life, and it was very hard to do so when things were so difficult, but from that I learned that if I could quit then, I could stay quit forever.

But without something to smoke, I would not have made it, and I agree, I do use doobies today to help satisfy that craving.

I love the raw organic hemp papers -- they are very light, and rip easily, but are easy on my lungs.

I'm suprised too that joints are not in the lead, but things are different now and the art of rolling well is lost to many I think... after 20 years, I still rip papers and make other mistakes, and it does take years I think to learn to roll really well, especially if you are working with very dry, crumbly cannabis...

Anyway, I'm rootin' for the doobies to win, but we'll see how it comes out... :rollit:

For economic reasons, I do the chicken bone glass pipes mostly.

But the question was if I could only smoke one way .. had to choose joint.

For me, nothing beats the classic simplicity, the flavor.. the paper turning transparent halfway through.. the ritual of rolling, so often performed that it is coded into my very backbone .. ... for me, nothing beats the classic JOINT

I have practiced the art of rolling. I have been rolling for over 4 years now, and am still not very good. Dont get me wrong, i can roll a variety of joints, and they all smoke well, but i just want them to be absolutely perfect. Consistent thickness, nice smooth paper, nice and tightly packed etc.

I voted for the joint/blunt. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than smoking something i roll. I also really love the fact that they turn transparent and lightly green/brown depending, but my absolute favorite thing about the joints man...its gotta be the resin. I love those sticky icky roaches, i love my sticky icky lips man i swear!

There is also the ritual passing of the Joint to your brother or sister. A properly passed joint is like a very subtle secret handshake that all pot heads know. Sure you can pass a pipe or a bong around.. but its not the same as a joint. It is an act of brotherhood, of coming together in communion.

toke toke pass..

Im an isolated stoner, with the exception of the mother in law. She doesnt know the ritual, but i cut the ole lady some slack =)

I love to switch it up, but I feel like its healthier to smoke out of a bong and thus I love smoking in that fashion, but I dont own a bong. Each gives you different type of high in my opinion. I mean Pipe is direct hit of fresh bud with all its good and sometimes bad flavors. A bong filters some of the nasty harshness out of some bud. And then sometimes when your chilling with homies, nothing is better than a good old blunt. And if you dont smoke tobacco, let me tell you the nicotene gives you a very heady high feeling and then as the weed effects kick in your high is taken to another level. But if you dont smoke blunts very much, you could get a little sick feeling from the tobacco. I used to love smoking the flavored blunts but after a buddy turned me on to Vega's, I dont think I would ever turn back to smoking cheeply flavored buds. If I want flavor to my bud, I would just add some orange peels to the bag for a couple hours, and it isnt even for flavor it is for aromaticity.

So my favorite would be blunt, Vega's, because the slow burn and smoothness of the tabacco. 2nd would have to be bong. And thirdly would be a pipe. Havent yet tried a vap, but I enjoy the smoke, so I dunno if a vap would be for me.

There is also the ritual passing of the Joint to your brother or sister. A properly passed joint is like a very subtle secret handshake that all pot heads know. Sure you can pass a pipe or a bong around.. but its not the same as a joint. It is an act of brotherhood, of coming together in communion.

toke toke pass..

Absolutely right. It is sort of like the Catholic ritual of Holy Communion.

I just thought of how many random people I have met over the years whom I would have never met, made friends with or even had an enjoyable conversation with ... had it not been for the fact that we were sneaking off to smoke a joint!

It brings us together, it makes us smile, it makes us happy and mellow.. it helps you eat when we're not hungry, helps us sleep when pain robs our nights of slumber, it even helps me pee when i want to go but cant! Yet lo and behold.. it is f$&#ing illegal. How stupid is that!?!?!

And my wife needs the meds I provide and they are better than what the pharms have to offer and don't have side effects except the good kind!

Since this is thread on prefered ways of smoking, I gotta put a plug for the 419 pipe provided by one of our sponsors. Been using about a month now. It has sort of a cyclonic chamber and you can fill your lungs in a big hurry and it stays cool. I freeze my pipe (metal) and the "cold" smoke will knock me on my ass every time. You can take a big lungfull without any harshness and it taste very similar to an ice filled bong. Easy to clean also. I use a dry kleenex and 2 minutes of my time. It's one of those not cheap but worth it kind of things.

"I ain't no holy roller,
So I just use a bong." :bong:

I've owned and used many bongs in the past, but I really just like that song about the boys from Oklahoma roll their joints all wrong. :thumb:

I make pipes out of pipestone, and that is what I've been smoking out of for about 5 years. They don't shatter like glass if you drop them, and are much easier to clean. If your weed is limited, a pipe will make it last a little longer. When I have plenty, though, I do like to roll a fattie. Back in the 70s I was known as a primo joint roller. Don't roll much anymore, but when I harvest this fall, I'll definitely be rolling joints again. :rollit:

i smoke out of my "Zong"... yes Bong!

I had no clue what I was missing until I smoked out of my buddies vaporizer a few weeks ago, hands down the best way!!

And my wife needs the meds I provide and they are better than what the pharms have to offer and don't have side effects except the good kind!

Since this is thread on prefered ways of smoking, I gotta put a plug for the 419 pipe provided by one of our sponsors. Been using about a month now. It has sort of a cyclonic chamber and you can fill your lungs in a big hurry and it stays cool. I freeze my pipe (metal) and the "cold" smoke will knock me on my ass every time. You can take a big lungfull without any harshness and it taste very similar to an ice filled bong. Easy to clean also. I use a dry kleenex and 2 minutes of my time. It's one of those not cheap but worth it kind of things.

I love my ice filled bong! oh, its so good! or try some ice filled Jack Daniels in it!

Gah so difficult!
Joints can be made into so many things, making a cross joint or sticking multiple papers together to make a fatty is pure insanity.
Blunts taste so good and get that smooth slow group feeling better than anything.
My bong gets me HIGH. For medicinal purposes I can see how the bong would be nice since you save more and can medicate fast. Also an ice filled bong has borderline no burn.
I don't like vaps =\

glue-less hemp doobie, lit with the sun.

if the bud is perfect in shape and cure...you don't even need the paper!

on Youtube (or maybe on here) i saw some dudes smoke some bud wrapped in some hash... now THAT'S the way to smoke! oh and i looked "bong" up on wikipedia and it said that the water actually filters out some of the stuff that gets you high... and i DO seem to get higher, or maybe a varied high when smokin a j or blunt. so that makes sense.

I love to switch it up, but I feel like its healthier to smoke out of a bong and thus I love smoking in that fashion, but I dont own a bong. Each gives you different type of high in my opinion. I mean Pipe is direct hit of fresh bud with all its good and sometimes bad flavors. A bong filters some of the nasty harshness out of some bud. And then sometimes when your chilling with homies, nothing is better than a good old blunt. And if you dont smoke tobacco, let me tell you the nicotene gives you a very heady high feeling and then as the weed effects kick in your high is taken to another level. But if you dont smoke blunts very much, you could get a little sick feeling from the tobacco. I used to love smoking the flavored blunts but after a buddy turned me on to Vega's, I dont think I would ever turn back to smoking cheeply flavored buds. If I want flavor to my bud, I would just add some orange peels to the bag for a couple hours, and it isnt even for flavor it is for aromaticity.

So my favorite would be blunt, Vega's, because the slow burn and smoothness of the tabacco. 2nd would have to be bong. And thirdly would be a pipe. Havent yet tried a vap, but I enjoy the smoke, so I dunno if a vap would be for me.

now i gotta try a Vega blunt. can't wait.

Oh yeah how could I forget my all time favorite... (guess i got high...)

... Pipes made from snowballs!

Smoothest smoke ever!

Back
Top Bottom