Which soil to get from Bunnings or Masters?

Hi Rodgers,

Any PREMIUM potting mix will be fine to use. I have had successful grows using Debco premium potting mix from Masters but you may not be able to get that anymore so just find a good one from Bunnings. You will get a lot of different answers to your question so just keep it simple and don't over complicate things for your first grow as it can get very overwhelming as their is SO MUCH information out there and everyone has their own way of doing things. My suggestion, and its only a suggestion, would be to use 70% soil and 30% Perlite. You can get a big bag of Perlite from any hydro shop. Don't buy it at Bunnings. It is WAY to expensive! You can add a bit of Dynamic Lifter and Blood and Bone to your soil also but just a couple of tablespoons per 50L otherwise your soil will be to hot and you will burn your babies. What are you planning on using for Nutrients? It is always better to go a bit lighter on the nutes at first then built your way up to full strength. For my outdoor grow I am using 50% soil, 25% coco, and 25% Perlite. My plants are very happy girls. Anyhow if you have any questions please feel free to ask away. More than happy to help. Good luck with your grow. Bombs away! :cheer:
do we need any nutes during cotyledon and veg state for debco prem pot mix?

This is an older thread, so you may not get a response from the ones above...but the answer would be no, not for about 2 to 3 weeks...debco sounds like Miracle Grow and has fertilizers in the soil that release every time you water...so be careful when you water and make sure it's dry before you do.

Read the thread in my sig "How to properly water a potted plant" and you'll be fine :thumb::goodluck:

This is an older thread, so you may not get a response from the ones above...but the answer would be no, not for about 2 to 3 weeks...debco sounds like Miracle Grow and has fertilizers in the soil that release every time you water...so be careful when you water and make sure it's dry before you do.

Read the thread in my sig "How to properly water a potted plant" and you'll be fine :thumb::goodluck:
But the cotyledon and first true leaves are turning slightly yellowish from the centre. These 4 leaves are the only leaves rn (1 week old).
So if it's not the nutes, can it be light? I am using 150watt led for one plant (18 cm from leaves) should I go a bit higher? or can it be because of overwatering?
FYI- there are no burnt tips or curling of the leaves as of now.

But the cotyledon and first true leaves are turning slightly yellowish from the centre. These 4 leaves are the only leaves rn (1 week old).
So if it's not the nutes, can it be light? I am using 150watt led for one plant (18 cm from leaves) should i go a bit lower? or can it be because of overwatering?
FYI- there are no burnt tips or curling of the leaves as of now.

Well then :passitleft: it's time to feed, but at half strength until she's used to it...and the light is fine @15" ...I put mine at 24, but I have two 150 watt leds

yeah, don't feed her, there's an abundance of ferts in that soil :thumb: ...and make sure you don't water her too much as it's the fertilizers in the soil doing that...Miracle Grow used to do it to me back when I started...

I'm in Fox Farms Ocean forest soil now, with their nutrients...it's formulated for cannabis :thumb::morenutes:

yeah, don't feed her, there's an abundance of ferts in that soil :thumb: ...and make sure you don't water her too much as it's the fertilizers in the soil doing that...Miracle Grow used to do it to me back when I started...

I'm in Fox Farms Ocean forest soil now, with their nutrients...it's formulated for cannabis :thumb::morenutes:
will she need the nutes in veg or am I good until flower?
First-time grower, so, sorry about all the questions :p

8-3-1
and its powerfeed, not seasol sorry.
Ya that should be fine...
...but as I said that's what's known as an N tox...which means too much nitrogen, so don't start feeding till the 3rd set of leaves and then only half strength...that's some strong soil you have there :thumb: I would recommend putting some perlite in it next time, about 3 to 1...3 parts soil and 1 part perlite...and any clean bucket will work for that

Ya that should be fine...
...but as I said that's what's known as an N tox...which means too much nitrogen, so don't start feeding till the 3rd set of leaves and then only half strength...that's some strong soil you have there :thumb: I would recommend putting some perlite in it next time, about 3 to 1...3 parts soil and 1 part perlite...and any clean bucket will work for that
My soil contains pot mix 65-70% and perlite 30-35%.
Thanks again!

will she need the nutes in veg or am I good until flower?
First-time grower, so, sorry about all the questions :p
:rofl: It's cool, go ahead and pick my brain:passitleft:...I've been growing for 15 years, not much I haven't seen...not saying I know it all, cuz there's always more to learn my friend :thumb:

And yes, she will need to be fed when she's bigger...she'll get used to that soil and want more food, but you should be fine for another week or 2 by the looks of it...
...there cute at that stage aren't they...mine are all big now :slide:

:rofl: It's cool, go ahead and pick my brain:passitleft:...I've been growing for 15 years, not much I haven't seen...not saying I know it all, cuz there's always more to learn my friend :thumb:

And yes, she will need to be fed when she's bigger...she'll get used to that soil and want more food, but you should be fine for another week or 2 by the looks of it...
...there cute at that stage aren't they...mine are all big now :slide:

Your grow looks amazing!:goodjob:
So the only thing I need to do rn is water control, right? I have already moved the lights to 30 cm.
Really hope that this helps, can't watch them suffer:(:laughtwo: Oh and its an auto!

You should see the response I get when I post this girl :thedoubletake::thedoubletake:o_O

My own cross of Grand Daddy Purple x Liberty Haze = Daddy's Bitch

Your grow looks amazing!:goodjob:
So the only thing I need to do rn is water control, right? I have already moved the lights to 30 cm.
Really hope that this helps, can't watch them suffer:(:laughtwo: Oh and its an auto!
Thank you :passitleft: I work hard every night to make it so :morenutes:

Well if you start a journal, there's a bunch of experienced growers here ready to help in a moments notice :thumb:

Just go to "journals in progress" make a title and put what you want in there...post pics...have conversations, like this one, and the best help in the cannabis world is right here on 420 :thumb::slide:

Thank you :passitleft: I work hard every night to make it so :morenutes:

Well if you start a journal, there's a bunch of experienced growers here ready to help in a moments notice :thumb:

Just go to "journals in progress" make a title and put what you want in there...post pics...have conversations, like this one, and the best help in the cannabis world is right here on 420 :thumb::slide:
One last question for now:p
When its time to water again, how much ml is best?

Back
Top Bottom