Which soil to get from Bunnings or Masters?

Your grow looks amazing!:goodjob:
So the only thing I need to do rn is water control, right? I have already moved the lights to 30 cm.
Really hope that this helps, can't watch them suffer:(:laughtwo: Oh and its an auto!
Yes, I would get yourself a spray bottle and just spray her to moisten the soil around her...until she gets big = (4 to 5 sets of leaves =( 4 to 5 nodes) :goodluck:

And BTW :passitleft:welcome to the forum :welcome:

Yes, I would get yourself a spray bottle and just spray her to moisten the soil around her...until she gets big = (4 to 5 sets of leaves =( 4 to 5 nodes) :goodluck:

And BTW :passitleft:welcome to the forum :welcome:
I don’t think there will be an end to my questions:laughtwo:
This question is for the later stage...
Will the 150 watt led be enough for 1 plant throughout its life?
I don’t want super buds or anything like that, just decent enough for myself:slide::cheesygrinsmiley::meditate:

I don’t think there will be an end to my questions:laughtwo:
This question is for the later stage...
Will the 150 watt led be enough for 1 plant throughout its life?
I don’t want super buds or anything like that, just decent enough for myself:slide::cheesygrinsmiley::meditate:
That depends on what brand and type...I just got two MarsHydro TS600's they say one replaces a 150 watt HID, so I'm going to use them both in my veg closet to replace a 400 watt HID...the actual wattage draw is only 100 watts on those LEDs that I have

Now if you have one of those blurple lights, I recommend throwing it out :rofl: not :rofl: they're actually good for vegging

So ya post a pic and/or tell me the brand name and model # and I can check for ya :thumb:

That depends on what brand and type...I just got two MarsHydro TS600's they say one replaces a 150 watt HID, so I'm going to use them both in my veg closet to replace a 400 watt HID...the actual wattage draw is only 100 watts on those LEDs that I have

Now if you have one of those blurple lights, I recommend throwing it out :rofl: not :rofl: they're actually good for vegging

So ya post a pic and/or tell me the brand name and model # and I can check for ya :thumb:
I don’t remember the name of the brand or the model number:laughtwo:

0A381B17-5DFA-487B-A39A-ECA2294140F7.jpeg

I make my own soil. Whatever soil around 8-10 bucks from bunnings,a heap of perlite,coco coir or spag peat moss,home made compost,groundup egg shells,kelp,azomite etc,bit of blood & bone,some mycorrhizal fungi and charcoal from the fire.Plus some worm castings from the worm farm bin.
Kelp,azomite & mycorrhizal ordered online..easy
Am sure as hell no 'expert',just been trying to educate myself online.
I use for out & indoor grow..indoors was first grow last year. ..with bag seed as always.

2021 first time growing with purchased seeds...Blue Dream.
Outdoor grow going nicely. Only used water for veg & Powerfeed Bloom for flower. Have fed about 3 times with the Bloom.
I do suppliment with blackstrap molasses every week or so & maybe a banana tea.

See pics: One of the seeds musta been an auto as it switched to flower about a month before the other. ..which I am thankful for now as smoke is hard to come by atm.(also it only has 3 fan leaves!..ideas!?)
One is being grown in 20l bucket & other in ground..both homemade soil.

The two clones in tent are from the bigger girl(bucket),but I was a bit late taking cuttings & they started to tip the same as plant.So I waited a week approx,cut buds off & stuck under a 15watt led floodlight on 24/7 & they both are revegging & a week later moved into tent.(light is viper spectar v2000..about 300 watts i think)
They need repotting soon as they need some nutrients by the looks.

Ok,how bloody long winded was all that ...420

IMG20210224193636.jpg

1614222506521145309735.jpg

1614222590186-1309283391.jpg

1614222662641-1068150356.jpg

Two new leaves sprouted today and even they are yellowish, should i be worried?:(:straightface::nervous-guy:
That will happen till it gets bigger and used to nutrients in the soil, in a couple weeks she'll be green as can be :thumb:

And I believe you said the soil comes with perlite in it, but, I was suggesting more, to cut down the nutrient content of your soil, that's what I used to do when I was in Miracle Grow :thumb:

That will happen till it gets bigger and used to nutrients in the soil, in a couple weeks she'll be green as can be :thumb:

And I believe you said the soil comes with perlite in it, but, I was suggesting more, to cut down the nutrient content of your soil, that's what I used to do when I was in Miracle Grow :thumb:
No, the soil doesn’t come with perlite. I’ll add more soon, thank you!:Namaste::ciao::meditate:

Hey man,
hope you and your babies are doing well:meditate:

I needed your help again,:nervous-guy:
turns out that the plant was a male and it never grew properly.
I think the problem was with lights though, they just weren't strong enough.
I am looking forward to buying a Mars Hydro ts 600 for a single plant,
Will that be strong enough?
Thinking about growing Candy dawg auto this time.
Thanks again:morenutes::cheer::ganjamon:

Hey man,
hope you and your babies are doing well:meditate:

I needed your help again,:nervous-guy:
turns out that the plant was a male and it never grew properly.
I think the problem was with lights though, they just weren't strong enough.
I am looking forward to buying a Mars Hydro ts 600 for a single plant,
Will that be strong enough?
Thinking about growing Candy dawg auto this time.
Thanks again:morenutes::cheer::ganjamon:
Thanks, and yes my last sponsored grow is almost finished, it's been harvested, plucked and hanging :slide:

And yes a TS 600 would be fine for 1 plant, I have 2 of them in my veg closet :thumb: and I actually have a Candy Dawg in my rotation, not an auto though, but it's quite tasty :yummy:

Thanks, and yes my last sponsored grow is almost finished, it's been harvested, plucked and hanging :slide:

And yes a TS 600 would be fine for 1 plant, I have 2 of them in my veg closet :thumb: and I actually have a Candy Dawg in my rotation, not an auto though, but it's quite tasty :yummy:
Awesome,
So, can you please help me with the distance from ts600 to the plant? for seedling, vegetative, flower & harvest phase.
Thank you so much again! you have been really helpful.:yahoo::slide::snowboating::Namaste:

Go to Bunnings, pretend you are growing tomatoes. Buy tomato seed raising mix, $4 a bag. Buy nitrosol, $15, water with 1/4 strength nitrosol starting when plant is a few weeks into veg. When plant is starting to flower buy Powerfeed Red $15 for roses etc. Switch to this while, in flower. Outlay $35. i have grown some super outdoor plants with just these things. I now use the same nutes and grow some good plants in coco. indoors. Just pretend you are growing tomatos you will be sweet. Forget all the complicated soils and expensive hydro formulas, not required.
You want less nitrogen during flower, more potassium. Shouldnt you use red powerfeed in vegetative state, and swap to something like sulphate of potash or just blood and bone in flowering? Everyone here talks about red powerfeed during flowering but as far as I’ve learned that’s wrong.

@Captain goodvibes have you tried this one? I rate it

FC98851A-A150-4AFB-9D3C-18190049DDDA.png

I've purchased this and Bunnings didn't have the Tomato Growing Mix so I got the Tomato, Veg and Herb. potting mix.

Wow, so many woodchips!

I tried separating them out and my fingers started to prune, so I thought if I dunk it in water the chips will float.

Today I learnt, sodden chips do not float. Laid mix out on a towel to dry then cut a side away from a cereal box, poked a few pencil holes into the other side (now bottom) and vibrated/shaked the box, screening out the larger chips.
I then placed the sifted mix into a bowl added water and skimmed off anything that floated.

What ratio of this filtered mix to coco peat to perlite would you recommend?

Outdoor grow in pots

j

never buy the cheapo potting mixes as they often have very large quantities of woodchips(up to 90% per volume) which is not good for your plants, even the best premium potting mixes may contain up to 50% woodchips...try sifting them out, woodchips are a cheap bulking agent added by potting mix manufacturers instead of having a pure quality product!, ive found a great potting mix with; 4 parts coco coir/2 parts compost/3 parts perlite with added organic ferts like blood & bone/dyno lifter/ etc...gives more buffer than just using straight coco which essentially needs to be treated like rockwool regarding nutrient dosage
Whats the name of the potting mix?

From an Aus. forum:

I was talking to someone in the industry the other day and apparently a lot of "big soil" applied for (and got) exemptions during covid in relation to standards and certification.

Due to demand and bulk transport being effected, there was (I'm told) much more shit going into their soils/potting mixes. A lot more chipped pine (of some questionable sources to say the least) and "only just" composted garden waste. I noticed it myself in some of the Rocky Point gear and even some of the Searles (who apparently did not apply for exemptions) stuff was putrid shit that made me question the quality of their products

Just go to the Bunnings site and read the 1 star reviews of the soils, many complaints about too many wood chips and household pieces of trash in the mix, bits of bread bag ties, etc. and how their seedlings have died/are dying, etc.

How many people really cry about their chile seedlings dying? I have a feeling low reviews were all cannabis growers that previously bought the soil when it was decent quality and now see their hard earned paying for good beans, going down the drain.

These are my results using Tomato, Vegetable & Herb Premium Potting Mix, Coco Peat and Perlite all from Bunnings.
Beans planted on 7th March, today's date 7th April, exactly one month since placing the seeds in water to germinate.

Photo has a yellowish hue, they're actually a light green colour.

Edit: this was after I spent considerable time removing the woodchips from the potting mix - there were so many!

j

WP_20220407_05_18_18_Pro.jpg

final2_1024x.jpg

Shipping for a 27L bag of TurboDirt to Sydney = $14.99 and when I consider the price of petrol/public transport... during this bad weather we're having, that price makes a lot of sense.

j

Hey @Jaz, how did you go with turbodirt? I’m a first time grower and it sounds like using this would make life so much easier. After germination I was just planning on growing in a pot in a greenhouse or similar. Any feedback on turbodirt would be great

Hey @Jaz, how did you go with turbodirt? I’m a first time grower and it sounds like using this would make life so much easier. After germination I was just planning on growing in a pot in a greenhouse or similar. Any feedback on turbodirt would be great

I had some issues but I think it came down to poor seed quality and perhaps overwatering. Some of the seeds split but died on the tissue I was propagating them on so... didn't even get to taste any turbodirt.

The ones that made it to soil were stunted, I used some of his root roids which did pump out more green into the leaves so it definitely was doing something good but the seedling was stunted and didn't grow further, the mix was part turbodirt, part coco coir and some pearlite.

I really can't say to be honest, I've never had this issue when I was using bag seed decades back as I've expressed in this thread:

Seed bank quality

The warm weather's returning and I'm not ready to give up on it, have some seeds coming my way from a new supplier and will give it another go.

j

Back
Top Bottom