Who to vote for?

Here's a news flash folks: If Donald Trump is elected president, the marijuana legalization movement will come to an abrupt halt. He said in his acceptance speech at the RNC Convention that he will be the Law and Order President. Please listen to the podcast entitled "Episode 104 - The Trump Disaster" at mjtodaypodcast.com or on iTunes (just search Marijuana Today on iTunes). It is very scary stuff. If you care about seeing Cannabis legalized you will NOT vote for Trump. Here's some of the scary stuff:

"These are the facts. Decades of progress made in bringing down crime are now being reversed by this administration's rollback of criminal enforcement." - Donald Trump during his acceptance speech at the Republican Convention.

"Allowing marijuana legalization is the largest rollback of criminal enforcement during the Obama administration. How does Donald Trump reassert quote "law and order" if he allows states to flout federal laws concerning marijuana?" - Kris Lotlikar

"For those who think that marijuana legalization has gone too far and the Federal government doesn't have the resources to shut it all down, to those I would point out that in 2011, a few US attorneys with little support, and possible opposition from the overall Justice Department, were able to shut down hundreds of businesses, the entire state of Montana's marijuana market by just sending a few letters to business owners and then targeting a few with prosecutions. If the Attorney General decided to get aggressive, marijuana businesses would wilt under the prospect of decades in prison." — Kris Lotlikar

Chris Christie is the odds on favorite to be appointed Attorney General if Trump wins the election, and there is no bigger (no pun intended) anti-cannabis warrior than Chris Christie. In fact, Christie once said, "Smoke up now because when I am in charge, it will all be over."

Use your vote wisely. Don't be fooled by Trump and Christie. If you value your freedom to smoke or vape or use edibles, you won't fooled or tricked into casting a vote for a person who will crack down on your freedom - all in the name of Law and Order.

Here's a news flash folks: If Donald Trump is elected president, the marijuana legalization movement will come to an abrupt halt. He said in his acceptance speech at the RNC Convention that he will be the Law and Order President. Please listen to the podcast entitled "Episode 104 - The Trump Disaster" at mjtodaypodcast.com or on iTunes (just search Marijuana Today on iTunes). It is very scary stuff. If you care about seeing Cannabis legalized you will NOT vote for Trump. Here's some of the scary stuff:

“These are the facts. Decades of progress made in bringing down crime are now being reversed by this administration’s rollback of criminal enforcement.” - Donald Trump during his acceptance speech at the Republican Convention.

“Allowing marijuana legalization is the largest rollback of criminal enforcement during the Obama administration. How does Donald Trump reassert quote “law and order” if he allows states to flout federal laws concerning marijuana?” - Kris Lotlikar

“For those who think that marijuana legalization has gone too far and the Federal government doesn’t have the resources to shut it all down, to those I would point out that in 2011, a few US attorneys with little support, and possible opposition from the overall Justice Department, were able to shut down hundreds of businesses, the entire state of Montana’s marijuana market by just sending a few letters to business owners and then targeting a few with prosecutions. If the Attorney General decided to get aggressive, marijuana businesses would wilt under the prospect of decades in prison.” – Kris Lotlikar

Chris Christie is the odds on favorite to be appointed Attorney General if Trump wins the election, and there is no bigger (no pun intended) anti-cannabis warrior than Chris Christie. In fact, Christie once said, “Smoke up now because when I am in charge, it will all be over.”

Use your vote wisely. Don't be fooled by Trump and Christie. If you value your freedom to smoke or vape or use edibles, you won't fooled or tricked into casting a vote for a person who will crack down on your freedom - all in the name of Law and Order.

Heres a news flash for you, Hillary Clinton has been there for 30 years and what has she done for cannabis? Nada. Everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie. Big money owns her. Chris christy will do whatever Trump tells him to do. When trump says he is the law and order candidate he is talking about the anti poliice crap going on in our country. If you trust anything Hillary Clinton says then you are just another sheep manipulated by the mainstream medias propaganda. When you wake up you can join us freethinkers and help take back our country from the donor class and their politician puppets. :passitleft:

If you read my post carefully, you will notice that I never said anything about Hillary Clinton. I didn't mention Gary Johnson or Jill Stein either. There are a lot of people, understandably, who hate Clinton. All I did was theorize about Donald Trump and how a future Trump administration would treat marijuana and I offered my reasons for coming to those conclusions. Immediately you jumped to an unwarranted notion - that I am a Clinton supporter. Please don't do that.

I live in fear that we will backtrack on cannabis legalization (again) and that would break my heart. I remember near the end of the Carter administration in the late 1970's, it looked like we were headed toward inevitable legalization of marijuana. Carter himself said that the punishments were worse than the "crime". And then along came Nancy Reagan and all hope of cannabis legalization was gone for 25 years. I don't want to go through that again. 50 years of living in fear of arrest is long enough. I don't want to be afraid of police finding a gram in my car or my pocket. In Indiana you can still go to jail for 180 days for possession of 1 gram of marijuana. Let's end the War on Marijuana. It is way overdue.

Heres a news flash for you, Hillary Clinton has been there for 30 years and what has she done for cannabis? Nada. Everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie.

I wouldn't say that everything she speaks is a falsehood. Merely that, because she cares nothing about anyone else in the universe, she does not trouble herself to tell the truth. The same for the criminal actions - those laws do not apply to her.

Big money owns her.

"Big money" will soon find out how little regard Clinton has for it, as well.

Chris christy will do whatever Trump tells him to do.

I admit that I have some misgivings about Christie.

When trump says he is the law and order candidate he is talking about the anti poliice crap going on in our country.

Yes. I believe that BigHeadTodd took those words completely out of context (did he even read the complete text of what those words came from, I wonder? Or was the quote merely read - or heard - as a standalone "sound bite" that someone else decided to serve him in order to advance their own agenda?

"These are the facts. Decades of progress made in bringing down crime are now being reversed by this administration's rollback of criminal enforcement." - Donald Trump during his acceptance speech at the Republican Convention.

"Allowing marijuana legalization is the largest rollback of criminal enforcement during the Obama administration. How does Donald Trump reassert quote "law and order" if he allows states to flout federal laws concerning marijuana?" - Kris Lotlikar

The above context causes me to believe it is the latter. I hope that I am mistaken, but just in case I am not I will provide a larger part of the acceptance speech (which is what the quote came from, and which can be read in its entirety by anyone who is willing to use a web search engine). But, first:

That appears to be an excellent thing to say during a late-night AM radio broadcast when one wishes to frighten the sheeple, lol, but I wouldn't think shock-tactic "journalism" would work on the enlightened membership of 420 Magazine. Most - or, at least, many - of us would probably feel that the act of allowing states to legislate things which are not properly the purview of the federal government in the first place is NOT a "rollback of criminal enforcement" but, instead, a step in fixing a problem. Those federal laws regarding cannabis are wrong - and I mean that not merely in the moral sense of the word "wrong," but in the legal sense as well: For a substance to be placed in the list of Schedule I Narcotics, it must meet three separate conditions (not one, not two, but ALL three). Cannabis meets none of them - and, as it does not, this makes the act of placing it there a criminal act...

There are, to put it plainly, no legal grounds for the federal laws/statutes concerning cannabis, for they are all based on a lie and a legal fallacy. Anything that has been done to redress this (and it has been little enough, in truth) is not a "rollback of criminal enforcement." "Criminal enforcement" (which is a poor choice of a term, IMHO, but I wasn't the person that used it above, lol, and would be willing to agree that he knows the audience that he is preaching to better than I ;) ) presupposes that the laws which are being enforced are legally valid. <SHRUGS> There were once laws that gave the right to vote in this country to white, landholding males (and only them). Refusing to enforce such laws would not be considered to be a "rollback of criminal enforcement" by most people (other than those who choose to dress up in bedsheets, or who feel the only use of a woman is for nighttime entertainment and as a breed sow, lol).

Kris Lotlikar does appear to be a cannabis advocate (among other things). But I wonder, since he is most of all an astute businessman, if he knows that a future in which cannabis was fully legalized... would dry up many of his revenue streams, lol? It is probably not the primary consideration in the forefront of his mind at all times, since he most likely makes more money from his renewable energy work with "big business" interests (he seems to be doing quite well in that regard, with over 50 Fortune 500 clients). But I still wonder...

The line from Trump's speech that Lotlikar got upset at (or, at least, appeared to get upset at on his podcast) was part of a larger section of Trump's acceptance speech:

Donald Trump said:
Our Convention occurs at a moment of crisis for our nation. The attacks on our police, and the terrorism in our cities, threaten our very way of life. Any politician who does not grasp this danger is not fit to lead our country.

Americans watching this address tonight have seen the recent images of violence in our streets and the chaos in our communities. Many have witnessed this violence personally, some have even been its victims.

I have a message for all of you: the crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon come to an end. Beginning on January 20th 2017, safety will be restored.

The most basic duty of government is to defend the lives of its own citizens. Any government that fails to do so is a government unworthy to lead.

It is finally time for a straightforward assessment of the state of our nation.

I will present the facts plainly and honestly. We cannot afford to be so politically correct anymore.

So if you want to hear the corporate spin, the carefully-crafted lies, and the media myths the Democrats are holding their convention next week.

But here, at our convention, there will be no lies. We will honor the American people with the truth, and nothing else.

These are the facts:

Decades of progress made in bringing down crime are now being reversed by this Administration's rollback of criminal enforcement.

Homicides last year increased by 17% in America's fifty largest cities. That's the largest increase in 25 years. In our nation's capital, killings have risen by 50 percent. They are up nearly 60% in nearby Baltimore.

In the President's hometown of Chicago, more than 2,000 have been the victims of shootings this year alone. And more than 3,600 have been killed in the Chicago area since he took office.

The number of police officers killed in the line of duty has risen by almost 50% compared to this point last year. Nearly 180,000 illegal immigrants with criminal records, ordered deported from our country, are tonight roaming free to threaten peaceful citizens.

The number of new illegal immigrant families who have crossed the border so far this year already exceeds the entire total from 2015. They are being released by the tens of thousands into our communities with no regard for the impact on public safety or resources.

One such border-crosser was released and made his way to Nebraska. There, he ended the life of an innocent young girl named Sarah Root. She was 21 years-old, and was killed the day after graduating from college with a 4.0 Grade Point Average. Her killer was then released a second time, and he is now a fugitive from the law.

I've met Sarah's beautiful family. But to this Administration, their amazing daughter was just one more American life that wasn't worth protecting. One more child to sacrifice on the altar of open borders. What about our economy?

Again, I will tell you the plain facts that have been edited out of your nightly news and your morning newspaper: Nearly Four in 10 African-American children are living in poverty, while 58% of African American youth are not employed. 2 million more Latinos are in poverty today than when the President took his oath of office less than eight years ago. Another 14 million people have left the workforce entirely.

Household incomes are down more than $4,000 since the year 2000. Our manufacturing trade deficit has reached an all-time high — nearly $800 billion in a single year. The budget is no better.

President Obama has doubled our national debt to more than $19 trillion, and growing. Yet, what do we have to show for it? Our roads and bridges are falling apart, our airports are in Third World condition, and forty-three million Americans are on food stamps.

Now let us consider the state of affairs abroad.

Not only have our citizens endured domestic disaster, but they have lived through one international humiliation after another. We all remember the images of our sailors being forced to their knees by their Iranian captors at gunpoint.

This was just prior to the signing of the Iran deal, which gave back to Iran $150 billion and gave us nothing — it will go down in history as one of the worst deals ever made. Another humiliation came when president Obama drew a red line in Syria — and the whole world knew it meant nothing.

In Libya, our consulate — the symbol of American prestige around the globe — was brought down in flames. America is far less safe — and the world is far less stable — than when Obama made the decision to put Hillary Clinton in charge of America's foreign policy.

I am certain it is a decision he truly regrets. Her bad instincts and her bad judgment — something pointed out by Bernie Sanders — are what caused the disasters unfolding today. Let's review the record. In 2009, pre-Hillary, ISIS was not even on the map.

Libya was cooperating. Egypt was peaceful. Iraq was seeing a reduction in violence. Iran was being choked by sanctions. Syria was under control. After four years of Hillary Clinton, what do we have? ISIS has spread across the region, and the world. Libya is in ruins, and our Ambassador and his staff were left helpless to die at the hands of savage killers. Egypt was turned over to the radical Muslim brotherhood, forcing the military to retake control. Iraq is in chaos.

Iran is on the path to nuclear weapons. Syria is engulfed in a civil war and a refugee crisis that now threatens the West. After fifteen years of wars in the Middle East, after trillions of dollars spent and thousands of lives lost, the situation is worse than it has ever been before.

This is the legacy of Hillary Clinton: death, destruction and weakness.

But Hillary Clinton's legacy does not have to be America's legacy. The problems we face now — poverty and violence at home, war and destruction abroad — will last only as long as we continue relying on the same politicians who created them. A change in leadership is required to change these outcomes. Tonight, I will share with you my plan of action for America.

This, of course, is only a part of that speech. I encourage everyone to read it in its entirety, regardless of their political affiliation (or who they ultimately vote for). As in all things having to do with politicians (or those who would become...), take it with a grain of salt. But don't just depend on someone who has an agenda that may not be completely in line with yours (be it a podcaster, me, your mother, or anyone) to cherry-pick a few words and then assume that the context that the person is presenting them to you is the same context that they were originally used in.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that I mentioned in a previous post that I was getting high (and growing cannabis) during the height of the "Just Say No" era. I have (once or twice ;) ) been known to exceed the speed limit whilst driving. And if I am walking down the road engaged in a conversation with someone and a bug flies into my mouth, I will spit it out. For those who would swallow that bug because spitting on the sidewalk is illegal, who have never gone one mile per hour over the posted speed limit because that is illegal, and who would never even think of consuming (not to mention cultivating) cannabis because it is illegal... IDK, lol. I cannot live my life as an automaton. I am far more worried that our protections from - just as one example - unwarranted search & seizure will shrivel up than I am that cannabis is not currently legal all across the nation. I feel safe (at this point in time). I probably AM safe. I am past the point when I enter an "illegal zone" and fail to pay attention to my surroundings when I am smoking cannabis (back when I failed to do so... I was chewed out by a cop and told to be more careful and stop wasting his time :lol: ). Back "in the day," cannabis was illegal just about everywhere. Some people were growing it because they figured they could make a little money. Now, far more people are growing it - and figuring they can get rich. These days, I can't afford to buy it. Or lights, et cetera. Cannabis... has become a big business. I kind of miss the days when hardly anyone discussed cannabis in public - but almost everyone could afford it, lol. But I'll still vote for legalization. Well, depending on the language, of course. Some of the ballot initiatives that I have seen would have done more harm than good.

'The President in particular is very much a figurehead—he wields no real power whatsoever. […] His job is not to wield power but to draw attention away from it.' - Douglas Adams

And times of big trouble need... bigger distractions.

The last thing I heard Trump say about the subject was to the effect that "these are matters that should be decided on the state level. The Federal Gov't has way, way too much to do with local issues. There should be NO federal war on drugs other than intercepting it at the borders."

I agree with that. If a majority of the voters in Rhode Island (for example) don't want MJ in their state - so be it.

~ auggie ~

I actually heard Trump in an interview say he has no problem with medical but was going to have to look at the rest of it.

That makes sense, coming from a man that doesn't do drugs or even smoke cigarettes. Another thing... His brother died at a young age from alcoholism, IIRC. Someone with a... reasonable approach might be able to approach him with the stance that people are always going to seek - and to find - a "release." And that, between alcohol and cannabis, cannabis is by far the lesser of two evils. (Yes, I know, cannabis is not evil at all. I'm just sayin', lol.)

He also said he would change the classification and that no one should be in jail for smoking a marijuana cigarette... :biglaugh: His words... Not mine..:)...:circle-of-love:

That is a change that should have happened long ago, for reasons that I mentioned in a previous post (many previous posts, come to think of it, and only some of them here on a cannabis-related forum ;) ). As for people being in jail for consuming/possessing even small amounts of cannabis... That one would have been fixed soon, had not entities been allowed to look at the penal system in general and prisons in particular as a potential profit-making area. There was a time when it was considered a good thing to have as few people as possible behind bars in your country. But then someone looked at prisons and thought, "Hey, I could make a dollar running one of those..." I find it really ironic that we have private-run "for profit" prisons in a country where the postal service is a public-run "most definitely NOT profitable" flop.

Speaking of which, I would like to see a President who thought it would be a good idea to reform both our penal and our postal systems. It'd be nice if someone who was convicted of a crime had to make restitution to his/her victim(s) as a part of the sentence instead of just costing me (and you, and you, and you, and YOU) money while he/she enjoys more meals in a day than I do and actually gets to watch television once in a while (something else that I do not have). If you've got the time and energy to lift weights for hours every day and <COUGH> rape the new fish in the showers... then you could probably manage to do what no one around here seems to be able to do, which is repair some of the $#^*ing roads, lol. Or something. If you put someone in a wheelchair, I don't think it would be either cruel OR unusual to sentence you to be their butler/maid/"service person" until they manage to walk again (if ever). Et bloody cetera. And, as for the postal system... Well, I'm certainly no expert, but I'd think stomping on the attitude that a screaming bottomless pit can be filled if you just dump enough train-loads of money into it would be a good way to start (FFS!). Next, I would have some serious words to say (perhaps in a dark alley, lol? ;) ) to whoever it was that it was a good idea by saving money in such a way that you drive off most of the business that could possibly be done in any other way than through the postal service and p!ssing off those who absolutely must use it. I read some years back that a person who was fairly high up in the US Postal Service came up with a plan to stop it hemorrhaging money and might actually see it one day make a dollar or two - and that he was fired for his efforts because "the US Postal Service isn't supposed to be profitable."

The last thing I heard Trump say about the subject was to the effect that "these are matters that should be decided on the state level.

He is absolutely correct. Our Constitution explicitly grants certain powers to the federal government - and also (again, explicitly) states that all other powers are the various states'. This country's founding fathers set things up the way that they did for a reason. Many reasons, actually (not least of which, because they had recent personal experience with a government that they found to be oppressive in nature). But in the future that they envisioned... there would have been no possibility of our country amassing a 19.3 trillion dollar debt(!!!!!). If you're bored, divide that amount by 318.9 million. That's the total estimated population in this country (well... as of 2014). The answer will tell you how much money every single man, woman, and child - from the just-born infant to the elderly laying in their deathbeds (again, as of 2014) would have to immediately cough up in order to pay off the debt that WE have allowed ourselves to accumulate. And then go smoke a bowl, because you'll probably be feeling a little bit depressed. (Tax cuts? SCREW tax cuts, lol - we cannot afford them.)

I agree with that. If a majority of the voters in Rhode Island (for example) don't want MJ in their state - so be it.

Makes sense to me. There are still a few "dry" areas in this country - because the majority of their citizens (or at least the majority of the ones that CBA to vote :rolleyes3 ) have so decided. If someone who lives there wishes to be able to purchase alcohol locally, they are welcome to try to convince enough voters to agree with them to change their local laws. If that does not work, they also have the option to move. I'm pretty sure... that's how it's supposed to work.

In an unrelated note: I kind of doubt that Trump will get elected. First, I don't think it is all that likely that he will be elected by popular vote. Second, even if he is, I would not be at all surprised if the electoral college refused to choose him and, instead, picked Clinton to be our next President. They, legally, have the power to do exactly that, regardless of the will of the people as expressed by the popular vote. I hear/read the term "election reform" used from time to time, but I never seem to hear/read anything about that. Go figure.

I am not actually sure that Trump wants to get elected, to be honest. His campaign speeches would be more effective (IMHO) if he just got behind the microphone, held up a picture of Clinton, pointed at it, then pointed at himself, and said, "I'm Donald Trump - vote for me!" I mean... I'm still not (err... quite) one of those conspiracy theorists who believes the only reason that Trump is even a candidate is so that someone will decide to vote for Clinton. But the man's words do occasionally cause me to wonder....

I think that sometimes people (me included) made a vote decision based on ONE issue. Now, if that issue is very, very important to you - that's not a bad thing. For example, I have been married for 33 years and, believe it or not, I don't agree with my wife on every single thing. Anyone who has been with a mate for that long learns, by necessity, to 'chose your battles'. Are there things that neither of us is willing to negotiate, or over look? Sure. Cheating is one of them. The first time - IS the last time. For both of us. We get that. You will only be caught once.

But, back to politics and MJ. To me, a candidates views on MJ is important. It will enter into my decision. Is it the only thing? No. Is there more important things? YES. If I have to live under Sharia law, I sure as hell won't be growing MJ. If my gov't can provide national security and a healthy economy - I can solve a lot of my own problems .. including health care, abortion rights, and, yes, even marijuana.

Before you vote; make a list of the most important things to you. I hope its not a list of all the free stuff that some socialist/communist is promising you, but if it is, then go that way. (Hell, about half of our population votes that way.)

And, Tortured Soul ... I will make a prediction. I hope I am wrong, and I hope Homeland Security doesn't kick in my door ... but, here goes:
There will be a major attack in the month of October, on US soil; and there will be causalities in the hundreds, or even thousands.
The attack will be carried out by 10th century Islamic goat herds - but it MAY be a false flag attack. (we will never know for sure).
That attack will propel Trump to the White House.

I hope I'm wrong. But, mark your calendars.
Something big is brewing.
I just feel it.

~ Auggie ~

Tortured Soul said: Trump can do damage that could take years to repair. His (likely) opponent WILL cause harm that WILL take decades to repair.

And yes, I agree. I see it a little bit different tho. We KNOW what Hillary is going to do. It's a sure thing. We don't know what Trump will do. So, your choice. Fill all six chambers with live rounds, or just fill one.

I heard a talking head on TV the other night. Kennedy on Fox. I like her. Cute and smart is my kind of female.
Anyway, she presented the following problem, "You need to have brain surgery or you will die. There are only two doctors available to you. One of them has had LOTS of experience doing brain surgery, but every single one of her patients died on the table. The other one has never done surgery but has some really great training and ideas. You choose."

This is where we are. Personally, I'll take the chance of survival over the sure thing. But, that's me.

~ Auggie ~

Cheating is one of them. The first time - IS the last time. For both of us. We get that. You will only be caught once.

You know what they say, a person rarely gets caught (at anything) the first time... (lol)

But, back to politics and MJ. To me, a candidates views on MJ is important. It will enter into my decision. Is it the only thing? No. Is there more important things? YES.

You'd think that would be so plain to everyone with just a dusting of common sense. Well, you'd think it, I'd think it... but apparently not everyone thinks it. I've read, heard, and seen people through the years stating that they'd vote for one candidate or other based solely on the fact that the person felt that the candidate would look at cannabis more favorably. It used to make me really sad. <POOF!> The magical green candidate just got elected as grand emperor of the universe, lol. Unfortunately, he/she/it has declared it a marketable, taxable product to be sold at no less than $50 per gram with 200% taxation - and they just wiped their arse with the Constitution and decided to create a Ministry of Rightness that is tasked with intercepting calls, texts, all other known forms of communication both electronic and written and otherwise searching for growers / sellers / buyers / users so that they can kick down their doors with no notice at 4:00 am on Monday morning, confiscate everything, and whisk the adults and children over the age of eight to Debt Reparation Facilities (because slave barracks just doesn't sound as friendly) where they can work off both their debt plus the automatic assessment fee of $250,000.

Yeah, I agree that the above isn't real likely to happen soon, lol. BUT... it is very important to pay attention to ALL the issues. Perhaps the issues that no one talks about are the most important. Look at how they've behaved in the past. Not "since the campaigning began" past, but, IDK... college?

If I have to live under Sharia law, I sure as hell won't be growing MJ.

Then again, medieval Nizari Ismailis sure consumed a lot of cannabis (thus the term "hashashin" (assassin) spawning the term "hash," lol). But I know what you mean.

If my gov't can provide national security and a healthy economy - I can solve a lot of my own problems .. including health care, abortion rights, and, yes, even marijuana.

You mean <GASP!> if the federal government would deal with only those things that were declared to be its purview in the Constitution and just stay the <BLEEP> out of everything else, things would be a lot better? What a new and novel idea (NOT), lol.

Yeah, me too.

Before you vote; make a list of the most important things to you. I hope its not a list of all the free stuff that some socialist/communist is promising you, but if it is, then go that way. (Hell, about half of our population votes that way.)

I've gotten a lot of meals out of dumpsters in my life, but I have never been on welfare. No worries!

And, Tortured Soul ... I will make a prediction. I hope I am wrong, and I hope Homeland Security doesn't kick in my door ... but, here goes:
There will be a major attack in the month of October, on US soil; and there will be causalities in the hundreds, or even thousands.
The attack will be carried out by 10th century Islamic goat herds - but it MAY be a false flag attack. (we will never know for sure).

If it's biological, it'll probably be an actual (IOW, foreign) terrorist attack. If it is chemical, nuclear, or conventional then I would look to supposed (IOW, domestic) terrorists (meaning... well, it won't be bankrolled by private individuals, although they'd be very likely to be the boots on the ground).

That attack will propel Trump to the White House.

I was thinking just the opposite. I was also thinking, "Gee, there are a couple of firearms that I have always wanted to add to my collection. I wonder if I could find a market for one poorly functioning kidney before purchasing such things (the firearms, not kidneys) becomes a crime?" Because I don't see private ownership of firearms being all that popular with Clinton. Or the poor SS schmucks that'll end up having to shield her. Me, I might head for the hills (or the most desolate country I can think of). But some nuts might have other ideas, and that kind of thing would surely make it harder for the rest of us.

Something big is brewing.

No surprise there. In some unknown future age, the few historians who will be interested in such an obscure part of the past will look at history, shake their heads, and wonder HtH we managed to exist for so many years (decades, I think) with our heads buried so far in the sand that you couldn't even see our feet.

I heard a talking head on TV the other night. Kennedy on Fox. I like her. Cute and smart

Fox has someone working for it that is smart?!? And they're not like, IDK, mopping the floor or something?

Anyway, she presented the following problem, "You need to have brain surgery or you will die. There are only two doctors available to you. One of them has had LOTS of experience doing brain surgery, but every single one of her patients died on the table. The other one has never done surgery but has some really great training and ideas. You choose."

I'm not exactly comfortable with that analogy when I wouldn't trust either candidate to remove an ingrown toenail (since I've never thought that I would be particularly adept at learning to use a prosthetic leg). One would probably do it accidentally, the other because she decided she'd like to have an extra leg in her collection (and who cares what the not-hers of the world think?) - or because she realized that people are easier to control when they're hobbling around.

The scariest thing of all is that... Well, if I read about some tinpot dictator (and I mean one of the ones that were NOT placed in power by our own fearless leaders) wresting control of their country, it bothers me - but I don't immediately start thinking, "Well... At least I never managed to father any children, and these poor cats would be dead soon enough anyway." But, well, you know... Our federal government is capable of doing things (and does, routinely) that have the ability to impact people living all over the world. I've got no real problem with the thought of fleeing to another solar system - but, as of yet, I have discovered no way to get there.

Kennedy is funny, and smart.

Tortured: she has he own show on Fox. You should watch it. Even if you don't agree with her - she does put on a good show. She could be a professional stand-up comedian. And she DOES draw down on Trump too. She actually, at times, shows emotion. She is really in to what she does.

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom