Why Are My Seedling's Stems Purple?

hi, what do you think? is it purple? it is an Auto Red Poison, is 5 days old and i noticed that the leaves have always had a light green color. do you see something wrong? should i do something or not? (hope i have explained myself, i am really high right now)

2013-11-01_17_56_32-1.jpg
2013-10-29_18_08_17.jpg

do you think so?, this are pics that i just took from the two seedlings, planted the same day, fed the same, etc, etc.

is it normal that one of them already has 4 leafs and the purplish one has still just 2 leafs?
2013-11-02_16_25_39.jpg
2013-11-02_16_26_00.jpg

My purple haze has been purple from the start, ph is at 6.0. I grow indoors with soil and don't freak out, after all its a weed not a rose!

Edit: Sorry, posted info on plants in general, not seedlings. Will keep the rest there incase it's helpful.

But, my seedlings usually start this way and go green in a few days.

Later life red petioles.
All of my red petioles and purple stalks have been caused by deficiencies, which was actually caused by my LED being way too close to the plants. I corrected those deficiencies by adding CalMag+, which stopped new red petioles, and faded some of the red ones back toward green.

If you are running LED and also appear to have leaf damage and you can't figure out why, check the height of your LED. My issue had me chasing deficiencies for a while. It was maddening. Everyrhing was perfect. pH, nutirent regimen, water cycle, light cycle, humidity, temps, everything. Once I pumped up the deficient nutrients, which were likely locking out some others, like phosphorous, my auto plants developed no new damage, but instead went perpetually droopy.

Fixed that after a half week of waiting for a change by using a less powerful LED. Raising the light would have worked too but I was out of vertcal room.

I can only confirm this was the case when reddening starts as only the top half of the petioles. It was very obvious, bright red up top, green on the bottom, a razor thin line between. Eventually they went fully red and my stalks started doing the same. Red on one strain, and a deep purple on my autos.

My grow journals below show what happened to my plants; what I saw, what I did, and what I finally determined the root cause to be.

My plants are all healthy and happy now, even the purple stalks are greening again.

This happened to me in two grows under Mars Hydro Mars II 700W lights in a pretty small space at about 14" from canopy on smaller plants (< 36" tall).

Ok so I have heard with seedlings quite often the surrounding nutrients can also be a little more than the plabt can handle at an early stage. Most of the time this is why they may start with red stems. Ok well what if my first set of true leaves are bowing downwards.. I guess maybe its called canoe or boating. But its curling downward slightly this wasbt happening till last night I had a baggy on my seedling for while I was asleep to keep humidity and then this morning they have this slight curl to them

Even the most healthy plants will have purple stems sometimes but watch it if it stays like that in mid veg you should check your ph levels on water and soil

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Magic I think that if they are curling down you should first make sure that you aren't over or under watering your plants but it could not be a nutrition deficiency because the symptoms are different

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanx, I was mentioning the red stem as for the nutritional over camping but ya the curling down I think was watering in trying to figure out a happy medium now on the watering.. I went and bought a little 3" spray bottle from the pharmacy area at Walmart. Its right near the tooth paste, travel size.. Lol for anyone who wants to know.. But it sprays so fine a mist that my grow plug still stays pretty dry and I don't know if I need or want to just top them off with the 20-30% percent run off yet since their only a week into growth. Idk maybe some pointers as to what might be good?
My temp is a devil right now its ok but it is staying around 79 low and 82-84 high.. Humidity is around 61 most of the time but I don't have a humidifier yet so it fluctuates sometimes I wake up and its in the 40's so my over all RH is probably all over the place.. Has a fan low speed about 3 ft away lamps a small 150 Mars hydro for now. And theirs in solo cups with lots of holes in the bottom for additional air and the run off

Back
Top Bottom