Why Are My Seedling's Stems Purple?

That's good happy to hear that your plant are recovering hope they stay healthy

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah check your water of your country to see if the tap water has a good percentage of calcium & magnesium in it

The problem with using a Cal Mag product is that not all your ppm will come from Mag. And Cal Mag has a NPK of 2-0-0. At seedling stage this may burn vital root hairs. An all Mag product like Mag Amped, Bud Candy or Flawless Finish should help. Keep ppm below 100.

Sometimes seedling stems being purple can mean nutrient deficiencies but if you don't notice any slow in growth it's because it's most likely just a genetic trait

I also have a question instead of a comment. I have autoflower Tangerine Dream, and autoflower Sour Kush indoors with the perfect climate as I am an Hvac Master Technician by trade, however this is the first indoor grow I have attempted using a 600w led light. I have grown outdoors before but never indoor. I am growing in 40% coco, and 60% ocean forest. Now to my question.... I used the paper towel germination method and planted both seeds in the medium " I wanted to start small and not waste seeds being an indoor newbie" both seeds popped today and they have light pink stems. Is this something that I should be concerned about? I know that if it's an issue then the faster you catch it the better it is. Any information is well appreciated. Thanks and blaze it up!

Attachments

• 20190521_030422.jpg
    20190521_030422.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 148
  • 20190521_030350.jpg
    20190521_030350.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 20190521_030323.jpg
    20190521_030323.jpg
    606.4 KB · Views: 219
  • 20190521_022535.jpg
    20190521_022535.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 20190521_022518.jpg
    20190521_022518.jpg
    589.7 KB · Views: 224
  • 20190521_022517.jpg
    20190521_022517.jpg
    580.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 20190520_224317.jpg
    20190520_224317.jpg
    667.5 KB · Views: 160
wouldn't worry yet about the seedlings that just popped. however, what's going on in the solo cups ? at least one looks super stretched, indicating either a weak light source, or not close enough.

wouldn't worry yet about the seedlings that just popped. however, what's going on in the solo cups ? at least one looks super stretched, indicating either a weak light source, or not close enough.
Yeah man I know, it was a trash seed that started before I got my led. Not really worried about it because it was an old seed. If it turns out and is female great but not too optimistic about it. Not even sure about the strain, though I know it's not autoflower. I have another question for you... what's your thoughts about 18/6 versus 24hr light? I am going to put a humidistat, which will turn humidifier on as needed and I already have temperature control as you can see in pictures so I can control the complete climate even though the other plants will need dark being photosynthesis. In other words climate change will not be an issue. I'm just curious about the difference between yield 18/6 vs 24. Thanks for your help bro

leave it on 18/6 if you have a mix of both photos and autos. in other words, set your light sched is set for the photos, the autos will be fine with it.

Yeah I know that, but I was wondering about yield on the autoflower plants as they are really good strains and the others I am not sure about. I have another cabinet with cfls and at this point I am more concerned with the autoflower strains yield more than the other plants. Let me know your thoughts please. Also time is a concern as well because I am out of medicine! Lol Thanks man

there is a pile of debate around autos and light scheds. i'm not wading into that. truthfully, until you've gotten a few under your belt, it's best to go with 18/6.

different light scheds can effect them, some due to strain / pheno, and some due to grower experience. learn to grow them out decent first, then play with the variables. there are piles of guys who only grow auto, follow some auto journals for in depth growing experience and tips.

The problem with using a Cal Mag product is that not all your ppm will come from Mag. And Cal Mag has a NPK of 2-0-0. At seedling stage this may burn vital root hairs. An all Mag product like Mag Amped, Bud Candy or Flawless Finish should help. Keep ppm below 100.
I totally agree. I have always grown with the theory that a good ph water and medium is all seedlings need for 7-10 days at least, but I am interested to know everyone's thoughts and experiences with this... Thanks guys! Blaze one up!

your local store in the pharmacy department usually
Yeah they are pretty inexpensive. However if you would like to "set it and forget it" of course minus filling with water then let me know and I can point y'all to a humidistat and give y'all wiring instructions. It's not hard at all just requires the know how! Thanks guys

Attachments

• 20190522_001255.jpg
    20190522_001255.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 179
I try to keep mine about 6.3 and I have purple stems also, nothin to worry about!
Agreed if the purpling is a problem like a cal/mag deficiency there will be other signs as well. If they consistantly look healthy but are consistantly purple stemed, it's all good. I've got these cool little indica violator kush plants and they get purple on leaf stems and other parts as well, every time no matter what, genetics.

Back
Top Bottom