Wisdom Teeth

bigdopehead

So yeah I just got all four pulled this morning. It's not bad just I cant feel my damn chin and I'm gettin kinda tired of this liquid diet already. Anyways what can anybody tell me about smoking now, I know I'm not supposed to suck or anything because of dry sockets, and most stuff I've seen says 48 hours before smoking. Alos I think one of the reason they don't want you smoking cigs is CO, but I don't know how much this applies to smokin bud. I got one pamphet that says avoid smoking for a week afterwards, I don't know if this is more then nessesary, Im sure they want to play it safe. Anyways I thik my plan now is to wait at least 72 hours before I even think about toking up, but I dunno does anybody here have experience with smoking after their wisdom teeth are removed. I could always cook some cannafood but I'd just as soon wait, I'm much more of a smokin fan...

You don't want to deal with what happens when you do smoke. My mom did it, and I can tell you its not fun. Just don't smoke. You can cook something up though.

Yeah, I hear you it's not really worth the risk... How long are you all suggesting I abstain for? I do realize of course that none of you are doctors (I don't think?), just potheads, but I'm still wondering what the best corse of action would be, from some places I'm hearing 12 hours, one pamphet I got and web md both say 48 hours, then oe thing says a week. I'm not even sure what dry sockets are, I just know they hurt like a bich and the pain dosn't show up for 3-4 days. I'm not gonna smoke for thatlong, so if they're no pain by then, does that mean I won't get dry sockets? Either way I think it's better to play it safe, but I'll keep you updated. I didn't need any stiches, does anyone know if this makes a difference? I would ask at a medical forum, but pot questions arn't really welcomed...

I wouldnt smoke for a week or so. If anything I would just bake some shit. Just wait for things to heal up and around the time you can actually eat solid foods. so yea about a week.. week and a half thats about how long it took me.

Wanted to let you guys know that I tested a smaller bud off of one of the Ice plants about 15min ago.. wow! just dried and not even cured in jars yet and it smells amazing... Sweet with a hint of skunk/citrus, sometimes you end up having an upset stomach because the smell is that strong like a fuel.
:cheesygrinsmiley: Taste is a bit sweet. and the high is fantastic. A great head buzz for the first 10min with a slight tired feeling.. then it starts to come on hard and right now my body feels like its floating.. :laughtwo: I havent felt this great in a long time. Also tried a small Kali mist bud yesterday and just like the high is described is how I felt. Very energizing and clear minded, I felt like I could fly. Smell is sweet yet a hint of spice and the taste is earthy yet clean I want to say.
Anyways I'm suprised how well both strains turned out and the main colas and larger buds arnt even completly dry and put in jars yet... I'll have some pics of them in a few days.. :allgood:

I'm totally impressed you were able to type something out on your computer after having all 4 pulled, Keeerist, when I had my four pulled (back before dirt) I was zoned back in my parents recliner on pain meds for two days before thinking about doing anything human.

dude....dont eat firecrackers the right after you get your wisdomteeth taken out. That would be a bloody mess... stick to soup for the first couple days. You shouldn't have to worry about dry socket if you wait about 5 days or so to smoke.

I got proceset (sp?), but I haven't taken any, that stuff just makes me really lethargic, and the pains not horrible, the dentist also gave me some etodolac which is all I've been using for the pain and swelling. Anyways I haven't smoked or anything, as someone said before trying to eat firecrackers now would probably be as bad as or worse then smoking, I could make some "milk tea" with bud but I'm not even supposed to drink any hot liquids for the first couple days at least anyways, I may try that tommorow...

I've heard dry sockets are horrible, so I'd just hold out for a while if I were you.

I had wisdom teeth, molars pulled ect...the whole works...

A general rule i went by was, once the stitches fall out or dissolve,
you should be okay.
I don't even think 72 hours is enough time, but that is just me.

But, i waited longer than 2 weeks.

I always wonder why people want to smoke cigs or weed right after
getting big teeth like molars or wisdom teeth pulled out.
It's almost like weed is the end all and be all of these peoples lives
or something (not meaning you) i am just saying there are sooooo
many threads on here about teeth, and how long people should wait...

Not gonna kill anyone to wait a week or more to smoke weed will it?

:)

Oh so update, I started smoking all today and yesterday, and I'm having no problems at all or anything, I'm healing quite well and can eat most foods...

.....and green isn't the beginning and end of my life, but I'd rather smoke it all fuckin day if I can

Back
Top Bottom