Woman Orders Computer, Gets Marijuana

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
NC - A Bringle Ferry Road resident eagerly awaiting a new computer ripped open a large box delivered by UPS on Tuesday morning to find 45 pounds of marijuana.

Sarah Howell Leach, of 1017 Bringle Ferry Road, immediately called Salisbury police to report the delivery.

Lt. Rodney Harris, acting chief of the Salisbury Police Department, said the marijuana is worth an estimated $35,000 in today's market. A few years ago it would have been worth considerably more.

The package from McAllen, Texas, was sent overnight to be delivered to another mobile home in the park. The UPS driver mistakenly delivered the box to the wrong address.

Harris said officers immediately set up surveillance of the mobile home — which has been vacant for months — hoping the intended recipient would pick up the shipment. The recipient was listed as "Jack Lance" on the package.

The box of marijuana was placed at the mobile home under the watchful eyes of police.

After several hours, when school ended and more children were in the park, officers reclaimed the package.

The marijuana was packaged in a large bale and in several smaller blocks — all wrapped tightly in pink plastic. And the package smelled of air freshener, apparently aimed at disguising the contents.

Harris said police have contacted the SBI, which is assisting with the investigation.

And Leach did get her computer. FedEx delivered it later Tuesday.

NewsHawk: User: 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: salisburypost.com
Author: Jessie Burchette
Copyright: 2010 Post Publishing Company, Inc.

If I were ever lucky enough for that to happen to me I certainly would not call the police to report it. She was delivered marijuana that she didn't have to pay for.

If I were ever lucky enough for that to happen to me I certainly would not call the police to report it. She was delivered marijuana that she didn't have to pay for.

for someone who usually seems so concerned with obeying the law your comment surprizes me

I have a doctors note. Seems to me if it were delivered to me I would be under no obligation to call the police. It is illegal to sell marijuana.

I have a doctors note. Seems to me if it were delivered to me I would be under no obligation to call the police. It is illegal to sell marijuana.

Receiving 45 pounds of Cannabis from another state is allowed by your doctor's note?

I have NEVER received marijuana by UPS. Nor have I ever taken pot across state lines cause that would be stupid. It is not illegal to dream.
I'd like to take this opportunity to remind every dispensary to support their community by filing an accurate tax return.

I have NEVER received marijuana by UPS. Nor have I ever taken pot across state lines cause that would be stupid. It is not illegal to dream.
I'd like to take this opportunity to remind every dispensary to support their community by filing an accurate tax return.

my point was that laws were broken by whoever sent the stuff by ups.
also that shipment could have been opened by anyone, even a child. it just seemed like something you would have been opposed to unless you draw the legal line at personal gain which is the same thing law breaking dispensary owners are doing.

As much as I want to agree with you, I think she did the rigt thing. If you want to risk your life, go ahead. I would not want pissed off dealers hanging near my trailer; you never know what can happen.

Having just wrote this I feel it is a sad state of affairs that what could be a peaceful delivery for a dispensary could be faught over with guns, when the simple alternative is to legalize it across the board.

If the package was delivered to her by mistake and had her neighbors address on, that could be a very dangerous situation for her. Because of prohibition there are a lot of very violent people involved in the business. Anyone who is receiving 45 lbs. by UPS is taking a great risk and may be willing to do anything to protect their investment as well as their freedom. If they found out that she had taken their package, there's no telling what they would have done. They do live in the same trailer park. This situation is not about the safe use of cannabis, it's about the dangerous use of prohibition to make a profit. Cannabis laws are unjust ,cruel and create a great deal of dangerous situations like this one. These laws must be changed for the health of our society.

Harris said officers immediately set up surveillance of the mobile home – which has been vacant for months – hoping the intended recipient would pick up the shipment. The recipient was listed as "Jack Lance" on the package....Note where it say's "vacant for months" :roorrip:

45 lbs worth $35k in LEO valuation lala land sounds like it's ditch weed to me. Then again, I guess there'd be something to extract...

Back
Top Bottom