Wonders of the single seed found in a momma plant cola

Darkshade1980

i had forgotten exactly about how it all works mainly the seed, the one seed that has not been p9ollinated i found recently looks like the size of a chick-pea and is about an inch right under one of the main colas. i figured its the "to insure genetics live on" comment ive seen by many before right?.... where it doesnt exactly need pollen to make seeds but makes one or a few of its own to live on or..as i stated before. just making sure..i checked to see if there are anymore but only that one, im guessing also since its grown or is on a plant which i bought as a feminized seed its going to be feminized as well?....perhaps not im not sure exactly how that goes.

either way does anyone have any comments, suggestions or remarks you can add?.... im thinking to take it once im harvesting im on week four of flowering time, the strain is Berry bomb seeds, from Bomb seedbank. also i have 4 other fem berry bomb momma plants and 4 THC-Bomb momma plants as well..and one freebie seed i decided to sprout which turned into a Female Blue widow from Dina-fem seeds. ....they all look spectacular... i supercropped all of them to insure that they all made their own colas ..well more than three large colas at least instead they all have at least 5 medium to large large colas and a few have at least over an ounce or more wieghted colas... after drying im positive they will be over an ounce.

anyone growing any interesting strains?... ive seen the new version of "tiny Bomb" which i always wanted as genetics... now its being utilized in TGAs Space bomb... with Space queen...hence the name space bomb.... looks great! think im gonna order those next time.

i had forgotten exactly about how it all works mainly the seed, the one seed that has not been p9ollinated i found recently looks like the size of a chick-pea and is about an inch right under one of the main colas. i figured its the "to insure genetics live on" comment ive seen by many before right?.... where it doesnt exactly need pollen to make seeds but makes one or a few of its own to live on or.

All female flowers need pollen from a male flower in order to produce seed.

In the absence of others, a female plant may produce male flowers. This can happen towards the end of a long flowering period, under stressful conditions, or with unstable (prone to hermaphrodism) strains/plants.

If you find a seed, it was because the flower was pollinated.

All
If you find a seed, it was because the flower was pollinated.

Not always true, sometimes when the female has not been pollinated she makes nonviable seeds . These are usually an indicator that you have waited too long to harvest, I found 1 in my harvest this year, fully mature bud with one nonviable seed, pale in color, no stripes, immature and small.
:peace:

I posted this on a forum on page 1 where a dude/dudette had found a seed and freaked, so have done a cut and paste here. . . .and on the other "seed in a bud" query on this page (#3)as well.

Maryjane is a plant type with male and female plants. For seed to be produced for the next season there must be some males to do the business.. When all the males are removed, usually one plant will try and produce even one male "nut sack" which will burst and spread it's pollen onto the bud or sometimes buds near by. Usua;lly there is only 1 or 3 seeds - which by the way should grow out as females as the pollen came from a predominently female plant.

Another way to get seeds on your supposedly girl plants is if the girls get stressed - interupted dark period - (Your dark period when flowering is a MINIMUM of 12 hours. . .and it must NOT be compromised with light.) - can cause it; excessive variations in heat, servere water stress, pest infestations as far as I'm aware any or all or a combination thereof can cause male flowers to form on female plants and hence lead to some seeds.

It's not a biggie . . I know my mate doesn't mind getting the odd seed - gives him something potentially slightly different to what hes got going.

hope that puts ya mind to rest

Back
Top Bottom