is it just me, or r all growers in an internal conflict between the determination to be the first kid, on ur block, to "have" the best thing, since sliced bread (there is something to b said, for a piping hot loaf, though)... or the first kid on ur block who doesn't have to go anywhere, to try that first hint, of that beautiful, enough for a bowl, test bud, on a new strain... before its time... "if i just stick it on the dehydrator, or in the nova...".

just one more question sorry. if pollen sacs were to bust open and some got into the flower tent but they only had a week left would anything happen at all? like would they be full of tiny seeds right away or is that just not enough time for the pollen to do anything?
If the plant got pollinated right near the end it would not be enough time to get seeds going... there would also not be a lot of pistils out by this time looking to be pollinated, so most of the bud would be safe at this point, however if you kept this plant going past harvest, some of those buds would produce seeds within a month to a month and a half of the pollination.

If the plant got pollinated right near the end it would not be enough time to get seeds going... there would also not be a lot of pistils out by this time looking to be pollinated, so must of the bud would be safe at this point, however if you kept this plant going past harvest, some of those buds would produce seeds within a month to a month and a half of the pollination.
excellent tip. ty! great to know. I'm sure I'll run into it, too.

If the plant got pollinated right near the end it would not be enough time to get seeds going... there would also not be a lot of pistils out by this time looking to be pollinated, so must of the bud would be safe at this point, however if you kept this plant going past harvest, some of those buds would produce seeds within a month to a month and a half of the pollination.

good stuff. i'm not gonna worry too much about it then. Thank You!

and isn't it a lovely day!
sigh... here we go, again... i think i now know just how precious pearl necklaces, truly r... strip down, wet wipe flashlight, lantern, cell... pollen bag, exterior... and now, me. i feel like john rambo, delousing.
yay! never, buy another atf seed, again!
yep- i been shawshanked.

From here on we will look at a few pictures from the end of the process.

Here are some seeds from about 1/3 of the pollinated bud on our Green Crack... there are somewhere near 100 seeds so far while we wait for this bud to dry out. Emmie is pleased.

DSCF51823.JPG
Amazing I’m also doin a seed run but using sts those seeds look mighty fine em!!!!

almost forgot to hose down the footwear. blew everywhere, tryin to milk the cow, today!

good day, miss em!
do u go over your ladies, multiple days, just to be sure, or just the one time?

almost forgot to hose down the footwear. blew everywhere, tryin to milk the cow, today!

good day, miss em!
do u go over your ladies, multiple days, just to be sure, or just the one time?
one time is usually sufficient... If I was actually looking to make a ton of seeds, I would just take the whole plant in with the male and let them go to it. At the price of seeds these days, if I ended up with only 20 seeds I will have created a gold mine. Typically I end up with 200-600 seeds on one of these runs, and it just isn't worth the contamination risk to the rest of the crop to try a second or third time. I have achieved my major goal... to be able to grow that strain again... no sense in getting greedy.

is it me, or does it seem a lil kreeepy, that i just "expressed", 2 men... n then, got buck, raving... entered a tent and watched an atf trio, doin it! ? busy day. no time to change clothes, 3x... or shower, 3x. i did, spray down, the innocents, with h2o. killed everyTHING that whirrs... and didn't forget to also- ditch the footwear.
hey, I'm a... or WAS... a good lookin fella so imagine a 300+ pounder, streaking through ur diggs! since droppin the opioids, aug 31, I'm down 44lbs & yes: eatin all 4; healthy. look out, 290! I'm comin for ya!

wow! ok- what- 3?4? days? it's a lifetime supply. maybe 5ml. 10-15 flowers? that's crazy, miss em!
u have me all turned around about my attitude, towards males, when one springs, for fems. pfft- go ahead! send em all! I'll never again, need to order atf, anything. i ♡ males! may even spring, for proper "dirt"!
i can't tell u how much i appreciate this thread, of yours.

miss em! I've got the audio daily double, challenge questions, for u!
i pick dominance and recession, for $0! how deep have u gone, into ur breeding research? might b time for me to get a book... too!
have u had any findings in d&r traits? does it make a difference, which parent, has which trait? if u cross (an example) say skunk #1 male, with atf female, will your outcome be the same, if the genders were swapped, in the same crossing? would their offspring, be the same strain as the initial combo, as the outcome, with the gender swap? make sense? get that far? got any book titles i might read, to find those answers? (questions assume ALL other factors remain same: grower, nutes, lights, flush, cure, etc.).

miss em! I've got the audio daily double, challenge questions, for u!
i pick dominance and recession, for $0! how deep have u gone, into ur breeding research? might b time for me to get a book... too!
have u had any findings in d&r traits? does it make a difference, which parent, has which trait? if u cross (an example) say skunk #1 male, with atf female, will your outcome be the same, if the genders were swapped, in the same crossing? would their offspring, be the same strain as the initial combo, as the outcome, with the gender swap? make sense? get that far? got any book titles i might read, to find those answers? (questions assume ALL other factors remain same: grower, nutes, lights, flush, cure, etc.).
First, I have not done any actual breeding research or read any formalized studies on the practice... all I have done is a few crosses and a few pollinations within a stabilized line. I have not actually taken an identifiable dominant or recessive trait to identify and try to cross back against another line to find that marker again... this all takes more research space than I want to devote to the hobby for now.
I would think that if there were a marker that was coming from either side, it would not matter which side was generating it, it would still show up randomly across the offspring, but if you got the seeds from a feminized plant, then of course the female side and all of her traits would be dominant. The thing that fascinates me is how you unlock the genetics by making seeds, especially if you are crossing two stabilized lines. Out of 10 seeds that I have produced, I would expect 3 of them to be true crosses by being a mixture of the two lines, 3 to be dominated by something else deep down in the genetic family tree and totally new to me, and the last 4 to be dominated by either one of the two parents. If there is a dominant trait, like the leaf curl of one finger dominant in the ChemDog line, I can use it to identify a plant and what traits I expect from it... but most of the time you are flying blind and will have no idea what the cross is going to produce.

Back
Top Bottom