Would adding a wet paper towel to a curing jar help buds that are too dry?

KarlJay

For some reason, on plant became VERY dry before harvest.

I harvested straight into a jar and I'm trying to save this. It's in a 1/2 gallon jar and I added a wet paper towel and it rests on the side with the jar on it's side to cover more area.

Will the buds increase in moisture or is there something else I can do?

They are so dry, you can crumble them to near dust, so they might be too far gone.

As far as use, if I can't save them, can I use them like cuttings for oil/hash...

I don't know if you can revive buds that are that dry. What I like to use are healthy green leaves off my veg plants
if I need to add back some moisture to the jar.

You can also use an orange/lemon peal, this works great and adds a hint of a citric smell and taste, but very faint. However if the it too dry you probably won't be able to save it, it might still be smokeable, without a picture you can't really tell.

Be careful, though, when trying to reintroduce humidity. If you put a wet paper towel in the jar you are very likely to get mold, that much humidity in a small environment is not good. Plus the risk of molding is much higher during the drying/curing process than it is during the plant's life cycle.

If they are beyond saving and you don't feel like smoking (they may not be good for rolling but a bong hit is probably gonna be very good still) I'd recommend using them for hash using the dry ice method and whatever it''s left you can still use for cooking. Don't even attempt to make hash oil using the butane method as it is incredible dangerous and you're likely to burn down your house with you and your crop in it.

Good luck and happy growing!

Yeah, I'd be worried that a "wet paper towel" would be too much moisture. Too much humidity in the jar will encourage mold growth, especially if the nugs weren't really cured to begin with.

I've seen people use citrus rinds (grapefruit, orange, lemon, lime, etc) with general success. I've seen people use a small lettuce leaf with better success. While I haven't personally tried it yet, I read a tip in some random grow journal on this site. The guy said after harvest, he saves a coupe "branches" in zip lock freezer bags in the freezer, If the need arises, he trims about a 4" long stem and puts it in the quart size mason jar. His theory was not too much moisture-just enough; but not introducing new odors or smells to the finished result.

If I had a choice, I prefer my stuff on the dry side, to a point. If I want to roll something, it should be roll-able. I don't mean un-sticky, just cured properly.

try soaking a stem from the plant in water and then let dry for about an hr in house not out side..then put in jar/bag whatever burp every 4-6 hrs ,wont loose any smell/taste wont add to much moisture hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom