Drying room RH higher than jars

Hi guys,

It seems for the first time I may have dried my buds a bit too much. The plant were hanged down for one week right after harvest (dry trimming planned). Then I put them in jars with boveda packs. They ve been in jars for 1 week. RH in jars is 53%. RH of my grow room is around 60%. Should I open the jars? It s the first time the RH is lower in the jars even with two boveda packs in it. Plus the buds look good (not too dry not to wet).

Either one of those RH levels will be fine- it just depends on your preference. I agree it could be just the hygrometer- I've got a bunch of different ones and generally they aren’t very accurate.

The hygrometer was my thought as well so I first tried to put it outside for a couple of minutes and RH raised quickly to more than 80% as it's very wet today. I rehydrate the boveda packs until it become liquid again inside. They looked great. Maybe I should dry placing the hygrometer alone in with a boveda too see if it reaches 62%. Side question. If the RH of my drying room sits around 62% can I just leave the buds with open jars or it needs to be closed for the curing process to happen?

Yeah if you're trying to get the buds to 62% and your room is 62%- you can just leave the buds out for a while. That’s what I do anyway.

Thank you man I ll just leave it open while monitoring the RH is not decreasing within the next days.

Back
Top Bottom