Would you even worry about this?

Zephyrs

Ok so I have a couple clones that I am doing a summer light dep. on. And being early summer the spiders are hatching. A spider egg sack hatched around my girls and totally posted up shop on them. Like hundreds it seems. So would you just leave them or hose them off with water? I am 97% sure that they are completely harmless. But still unsightly to my Arachnophobic butt. Any thoughts folks?:passitleft:

Here they are, the Runtz Muffin clone is on the right and the Bubblgum clone at left.

IMG_20230520_111919825_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230520_111910623_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230520_111852534_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230520_111841347_HDR.jpg

I spray my outdoor once a week. Helps prevent worms later on too by killing the beasts that lay the eggs.
IMG_0445.jpeg
I have never used spinosad before. But they have had 3 rounds of neem oil spray since they fully rooted. And a BT soil drench last week after transplanting. IS spinosad safe to use during flowering mid to late?

Any thoughts folks?
If you kill off the spiders which are almost a 99.9% chance of being meat eaters you might then have killed off the predators which would have eaten the mites or thrips or any of the many leaf eating insects out there. Ends up being a double whammy.
Pay for something to kill the spiders and then pay for something to kill of the other insects. The link is to a message on a thread about this topic from just several years ago.

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/why-i-never-spray-for-pests.416323/post-4622763

Well I wasn't planning on killing them as I know there probably beneficial. Just asking if ya would leave em be or rinse them off with a hose. I kinda also thought they might gorge themselves if I have any mites or other nasties. I just don't want a hundred baby spiders coating all my leaves with there spider webbs.

I would leave them if on an outdoor grow.

My experience is that they will wander off elsewhere and even though they are gone there is a lot less damage from any leaf eating insect. I figure the spiders have distributed themselves over any other plants in the area and any that lived are busy eating insects before the pests can come to the plants on my patio.

This spider in the photo built the web and stayed around for about 2 days and disappeared. Somewhere I have another photo of a spider that built a web nest and when the nest hatched there were no spiders anywhere around the next morning.

1822392-40c8e209bd180b4ce039dfd53d1aa496.jpg

would leave them if on an outdoor grow
Thanks @SmokingWings she is going to be outside full time till they get some more girth to them. Then I will flip them to 12/12 in maybe 3 or more weeks.. Then it's 12 hr dark in temp controld grow tent, and 12 hr under the Bright summer sunshine!! And yea, they prob wander off somewhere else by then :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom