Yellow leaves - Nitrogen deficiency?

I am on the fence here... I can't see enough of a pattern to determine that there is a deficiency... is there a chance that you have simply spilled some nutrient on a few of the leaves when watering to produce a random pattern of spots? Other than that, your plants look great... good color, no burning, strong growth...
No, i always feed (water) carefully, i thi k they will be ok, but still unsexed :D

Sent from my LG-D802 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think these plants look pretty frickin good! Good job buddy. They seem to be doing much better since the up-pot and are a beautiful color of green with big healthy leaves. Im glad to see your grow is back on track and looking good! Welcome to 420 magazine and all its wonderful members. Hope you all have a great day!

Sparks

thank you my friend, you are right members are really wonderful, and so helpfull
thanks again! :) have a great day

I am on the fence here... I can't see enough of a pattern to determine that there is a deficiency... is there a chance that you have simply spilled some nutrient on a few of the leaves when watering to produce a random pattern of spots? Other than that, your plants look great... good color, no burning, strong growth...

im going to start flowering my plant (since i dont have much time, im going countryside and no one will take care about the plant)

but i have a relly big problem, more leaves started to yellow :(
first pic is one day earlier before giving nutes, 3 rd and 7-th are after nutes, i gave her really tiny dosage of nutes and yellowing showed up next day, what to do flush with clean water?

Update* my stupid borther messed up(again) flushed her with tap water then gave 10-20 times stronger dosage, so is there any solution?
Ps:its super overwatered as well, so should i wait or ..

10-20 times the normal dosage for your nutes???

ban your brother from the grow room immediately.

Then, flush your plants with 3x the container size with water, preferably ending with 6.5 pH water at the end. No, distilled water is not a "normal" pH, it is neutral at 7.0 pH. Unfortunately, to pick up all the nutrients in soil, you must adjust pH to 6.5, every time you hit the plant with a fluid, whether it be plain water or water with nutes. If you are serious about this grow, get that pH under control.

It won't help you this time, but since pH and your brother seem to be such a problem, consider going organic. You can build your soil with what is needed in it and can then end up only having to give your plants plain filtered water... not even worrying about the pH. Somehow though, I am thinking that your brother could mess that up too. I suggest duct taping him to a tree for a while.

10-20 times the normal dosage for your nutes???

ban your brother from the grow room immediately.

Then, flush your plants with 3x the container size with water, preferably ending with 6.5 pH water at the end. No, distilled water is not a "normal" pH, it is neutral at 7.0 pH. Unfortunately, to pick up all the nutrients in soil, you must adjust pH to 6.5, every time you hit the plant with a fluid, whether it be plain water or water with nutes. If you are serious about this grow, get that pH under control.

It won't help you this time, but since pH and your brother seem to be such a problem, consider going organic. You can build your soil with what is needed in it and can then end up only having to give your plants plain filtered water... not even worrying about the pH. Somehow though, I am thinking that your brother could mess that up too. I suggest duct taping him to a tree for a while.
Thanks for answer, you cant even imagine how angry i got, and the main problem is that he wasnt even going to tell me about that until i started to crash everything, hes 15 years old and loves biology and thinks hes a god of plants ..

Ok now: 1) flush her 2) give normal amoint of nutes, 3)adjust ph
Im right?
But i read somewhere, overwatering can also cause yellow leaves, whats about that

Thanks for answer, you cant even imagine how angry i got, and the main problem is that he wasnt even going to tell me about that until i started to crash everything, hes 15 years old and loves biology and thinks hes a god of plants ..

Ok now: 1) flush her 2) give normal amoint of nutes, 3)adjust ph
Im right?
But i read somewhere, overwatering can also cause yellow leaves, whats about that

Yes, flush and feed... but if you dont have the pH adjusted correctly, she is not going to be able to use the nutes that you give her. God of plants was right, she is hungry... he was just wrong on how to get that nutrition into her. Beg borrow or steal a pH meter or go to the fish aisle in your local walmart and pick up a pH test strip kit. It is cheap, and it will get you in the ballpark. Your problem looks like it is pH related, not anything else.

Then you mentioned overwatering. Just how often are you watering, since you mentioned it? How do you (or GOP) determine that it is time to water? How much water do you give when you water?

Answer those questions and we will talk about watering. Yes, overwatering can end up drowning the roots and causing a feeding problem that would also cause yellowing. Overwatering however is largely misunderstood by new growers of weeds, and is usually related more to how often you water vs how much you give them at any one time.

Yes, flush and feed... but if you dont have the pH adjusted correctly, she is not going to be able to use the nutes that you give her. God of plants was right, she is hungry... he was just wrong on how to get that nutrition into her. Beg borrow or steal a pH meter or go to the fish aisle in your local walmart and pick up a pH test strip kit. It is cheap, and it will get you in the ballpark. Your problem looks like it is pH related, not anything else.

Then you mentioned overwatering. Just how often are you watering, since you mentioned it? How do you (or GOP) determine that it is time to water? How much water do you give when you water?

Answer those questions and we will talk about watering. Yes, overwatering can end up drowning the roots and causing a feeding problem that would also cause yellowing. Overwatering however is largely misunderstood by new growers of weeds, and is usually related more to how often you water vs how much you give them at any one time.
Found old ph meter but its for soil only, as i guess, i water her every 2-3 day, when top 3-4 cm of ground gets crispy(?!) But its overwatered at the moment cause he flushed her yesterday So today i will flush her and tomorrow will buy mew ph meter.
Ps: i moved grow box in other room and locked the door, so true god of plants will no longer touch my plants

Found old ph meter but its for soil only, as i guess, i water her every 2-3 day, when top 3-4 cm of ground gets crispy(?!) But its overwatered at the moment cause he flushed her yesterday So today i will flush her and tomorrow will buy mew ph meter.
Ps: i moved grow box in other room and locked the door, so true god of plants will no longer touch my plants

positive moves!

soil pH is not what needs to be measured... pH of the liquids going in is what you need to concentrate on ... the soil will take care of itself.

how you water depends a lot on the plant's needs at the time, and corresponds to the stage of growth the plant is in. The method that you are using to determine when to water is incorrect for this stage of life, and while it works well in mid to late flower, the dry at the top method can kill plants early in their life. With this method you are DEFINITELY overwatering, and although alarming, this could well be one of the reasons for your yellowing and much more likely than needing more nutes in good soil. I do think that you are having a bit of a magnesium deficiency because of your pH, but I am now leaning toward overwatering as part of the problem too.

The goal with a weed is to let the lower roots... those at the very bottom, see oxygen once every wet/dry cycle. Weeds are very adept at surviving harsh conditions, and their response to a flood is to seal off the lower roots until the flood waters recede. Sealed up roots don't uptake nutrients very well, and what results looks like a nutrient deficiency, because indeed, the plant is hungry. To make a weed in a container insanely happy, you have to let the soil dry out, bone dry... sahara desert dry... mummy's breath dry... all the way to the bottom of the container. Every time. Then, when the container is so light that you have to wonder to yourself how in the world the plant could be still living, you will water slowly, trying to fill that soil up with so much water that even one more drop would have to fall out of the bottom... the soil will be totally and completely saturated like a sponge if you have watered correctly. And then after this, you wait... 3 days... 5 days... until it dries out all the way to the bottom again.

I wrote a nice paper on how to properly water a container plant... It is a sticky on 4 different forums, including my favorite, this one. The link is in my signature lines. Please give it a go... I think it may provide you with a couple of insights. Good luck!

ps... the locked room is a great idea, but I would still consider the duct tape... just to get the point across. :)

positive moves!

soil pH is not what needs to be measured... pH of the liquids going in is what you need to concentrate on ... the soil will take care of itself.

how you water depends a lot on the plant's needs at the time, and corresponds to the stage of growth the plant is in. The method that you are using to determine when to water is incorrect for this stage of life, and while it works well in mid to late flower, the dry at the top method can kill plants early in their life. With this method you are DEFINITELY overwatering, and although alarming, this could well be one of the reasons for your yellowing and much more likely than needing more nutes in good soil. I do think that you are having a bit of a magnesium deficiency because of your pH, but I am now leaning toward overwatering as part of the problem too.

The goal with a weed is to let the lower roots... those at the very bottom, see oxygen once every wet/dry cycle. Weeds are very adept at surviving harsh conditions, and their response to a flood is to seal off the lower roots until the flood waters recede. Sealed up roots don't uptake nutrients very well, and what results looks like a nutrient deficiency, because indeed, the plant is hungry. To make a weed in a container insanely happy, you have to let the soil dry out, bone dry... sahara desert dry... mummy's breath dry... all the way to the bottom of the container. Every time. Then, when the container is so light that you have to wonder to yourself how in the world the plant could be still living, you will water slowly, trying to fill that soil up with so much water that even one more drop would have to fall out of the bottom... the soil will be totally and completely saturated like a sponge if you have watered correctly. And then after this, you wait... 3 days... 5 days... until it dries out all the way to the bottom again.

I wrote a nice paper on how to properly water a container plant... It is a sticky on 4 different forums, including my favorite, this one. The link is in my signature lines. Please give it a go... I think it may provide you with a couple of insights. Good luck!

ps... the locked room is a great idea, but I would still consider the duct tape... just to get the point across. :)
Wow thanks so much, post was really helpfull! :D i will keep in mind duct tape :D
Ps: Will update pics as soon as i can
Thabnks again!

Just bought new ph meter :D , but digits on the display doesnt stabilize
420-magazine-mobile1232301342.jpg

Ph of my tap water is 6.5
How to make liquid more acid?(more alkaline)

excellent! From the kitchen - lemon,lime,vinegar make acceptable pH down (acid) and pickling lime for pH up (alkaline)

more practically, I used automotive battery acid cut 15:1 with distilled water (remove 1 cup of distilled water from a gallon and carefully replace with 1 cup of the battery acid) for a very cheap and effective pH down, and lye crystals (for unclogging drains) as a very powerful (just one grain at a time) pH up.

Or, you can buy the expensive pH up and down, made with components that break down more directly into elements the plants can use... I went for cheap for many years and used the hardware store solutions.

Hey! Been following the thread -- great that you got a new pH meter.

It's looks like the same model I have. Mine takes a while to stabilize on the readings as well. I've found it works best when I let it sit in distilled water for a few minutes before using. The readings then quickly become stabile.

Also, make sure you've properly calibrated it with the solution that came with the meter. Mine was off by almost 0.5 from the factory.

Emilya's ideas on pH up or down are good. I've spent the minimal amount and bought a pH down for both veg and flower (each cost me only about $5).

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

excellent! From the kitchen - lemon,lime,vinegar make acceptable pH down (acid) and pickling lime for pH up (alkaline)

more practically, I used automotive battery acid cut 15:1 with distilled water (remove 1 cup of distilled water from a gallon and carefully replace with 1 cup of the battery acid) for a very cheap and effective pH down, and lye crystals (for unclogging drains) as a very powerful (just one grain at a time) pH up.

Or, you can buy the expensive pH up and down, made with components that break down more directly into elements the plants can use... I went for cheap for many years and used the hardware store solutions.

thank you! :)
Hey! Been following the thread -- great that you got a new pH meter.

It's looks like the same model I have. Mine takes a while to stabilize on the readings as well. I've found it works best when I let it sit in distilled water for a few minutes before using. The readings then quickly become stabile.

Also, make sure you've properly calibrated it with the solution that came with the meter. Mine was off by almost 0.5 from the factory.

Emilya's ideas on pH up or down are good. I've spent the minimal amount and bought a pH down for both veg and flower (each cost me only about $5).

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

buffer containers are empy, can i calibrate without those ?

maybe with coca-cola or vinegar? cause i cant really buy chemicals (i live in Republic of Georgia, even cannabis is banned, if they find it.. guaranteed 7-12 years in jail(quantity doesnt matter) :D)

Back
Top Bottom