Yellow veins, leaves dropping

W00

I can't find hardly any creditable help. Anyone know what could be going on with these leaves. Bottom leaves have yellow veins, turn all yellow and fall off. These dropped leaves are from last night alone. 2 1/2 weeks into flower. LED lights, fabric pots with coco.. This also happened last grow. Thought it was over watering so I spaced the days and tried fabric pots. I'm stumped!

Attachments

• 20200708_152737.jpg
    20200708_152737.jpg
    818.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 20200708_152637.jpg
    20200708_152637.jpg
    872.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 20200708_152340.jpg
    20200708_152340.jpg
    884.7 KB · Views: 96
Thank you. I keep my ph at 6. I will have to check run off next watering. Using tap water so I alway have to increase Ph. Salts would be from to much nutes, right? I also check ppm every water and I have been getting all different readings. I tried sucking some out last time and the numbers were over1000! I have no clue whats going on there. Maybe I have to flush them, but does that effect yield?

Salt would be from a buildup of unused nutes in the media. Sometimes plants eat more of one than another, and the rest sits. There ya go.

That really shouldn’t happen with coco though. Coco is hydro, so 5.5-6.5 applies, sweet spot around 5.8, but not do or die. If you pH a feed and it’s 6 this time, 5.7 the next, 5.9 the next, it’s ok. You’re in range so cool.

You can’t overwater coco. In flower you should be flooding 3 or 4 times a day, maybe more. If coco gets too dry, bad things happen. Normal watering for soil doesn’t apply here.

Watch your input EC as well.

Salt would be from a buildup of unused nutes in the media. Sometimes plants eat more of one than another, and the rest sits. There ya go.

That really shouldn’t happen with coco though. Coco is hydro, so 5.5-6.5 applies, sweet spot around 5.8, but not do or die. If you pH a feed and it’s 6 this time, 5.7 the next, 5.9 the next, it’s ok. You’re in range so cool.

You can’t overwater coco. In flower you should be flooding 3 or 4 times a day, maybe more. If coco gets too dry, bad things happen. Normal watering for soil doesn’t apply here.

Watch your input EC as well.
Thank you for your reply. I try and keep my ph at 6. (Its in the middle range from what I read) I check it going in and check ppm going in and coming out. I dont think I am getting enough run off to get a good reading. That's why last time I sucked some out. Im giving 3/4ml cal mag Flora series 1/2 tsp micro, 1ml of grow and 3ml of bloom per gallon. Ppm is about 500-600. Then came out this last time 800-1000. So I guess a phed water flush is needed and lower grow and bloom nutes? Do fabric pots hold in more salts than a plastic pot?

Lets see the plant. Does it have a dense thick canopy? Are these leaves from the bottom? It might just be a normal plant process of killing off leaves that are in shadow.

My geranium browns and throws off a round of leaves before every new batch of flowers too.

Thank you for your reply. I try and keep my ph at 6. (Its in the middle range from what I read) I check it going in and check ppm going in and coming out. I dont think I am getting enough run off to get a good reading. That's why last time I sucked some out. Im giving 3/4ml cal mag Flora series 1/2 tsp micro, 1ml of grow and 3ml of bloom per gallon. Ppm is about 500-600. Then came out this last time 800-1000. So I guess a phed water flush is needed and lower grow and bloom nutes? Do fabric pots hold in more salts than a plastic pot?

Don't go chasing runoff. It's nice to see, but trying to solve the output via input will lead to a bust.

I'm not sure exactly where your feed ratio came from, but try this (using a quote so it's not so long on the page):

(Note: all values are ml per gallon)
Week 1:
- 1.25ml each of micro/gro/bloom
- 1.25ml CALiMAGic

Week 2+ (through veg):
- 2.5ml each of micro/gro/bloom
- 5ml CALiMAGic

Flip Week:
- 5ml each of micro/gro/bloom
- 5ml CALiMAGic

Flower Week 1:
- 5ml each of micro/gro/bloom
- 5ml CALiMAGic

Flower Week 2:
- 5ml micro
- 2.5ml gro
- 5ml bloom
- 5ml CALiMAGic

Flower Week 3+:
- 5ml micro
- 2.5ml gro
- 7.5ml bloom
- 5ml CALiMAGic

Flower, 2 weeks before harvest week:
- 2.5ml micro
- 5ml bloom
- 1.25ml CALiMAGic

Flower, 1 week before harvest week:
- 2.5ml micro
- 5ml bloom

Flower, week of harvest:
- 1ml micro
- 2.5ml bloom

That should give you a solid base to work from.

For feeding, if DTW, you really need to get a good runoff. Like 30%-40% runoff, and not just a trickle. Coco has its own nuances that while not bad, it's just different and even though it resembles soil or peat at face value, it definitely will bite you in the ass if you treat it as such.

Step up the feed cycles. Try every 12 hours (more like 30min after lights on, and 30min before lights out) to start, and then add one in the middle of the night if need be (spacing the 3 cycles 8hrs apart.)

I think with a proper runoff, and getting your measuring/nutes in line, should help you out a good deal. I say measuring as what you've typed above is in tsp and ml, and all over the place. ;)

Lets see the plant. Does it have a dense thick canopy? Are these leaves from the bottom? It might just be a normal plant process of killing off leaves that are in shadow.

My geranium browns and throws off a round of leaves before every new batch of flowers too.

Attachments

• 20200709_112734.jpg
    20200709_112734.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
  • 20200709_112647.jpg
    20200709_112647.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
Don't go chasing runoff. It's nice to see, but trying to solve the output via input will lead to a bust.

I'm not sure exactly where your feed ratio came from, but try this (using a quote so it's not so long on the page):

That should give you a solid base to work from.

For feeding, if DTW, you really need to get a good runoff. Like 30%-40% runoff, and not just a trickle. Coco has its own nuances that while not bad, it's just different and even though it resembles soil or peat at face value, it definitely will bite you in the ass if you treat it as such.

Step up the feed cycles. Try every 12 hours (more like 30min after lights on, and 30min before lights out) to start, and then add one in the middle of the night if need be (spacing the 3 cycles 8hrs apart.)

I think with a proper runoff, and getting your measuring/nutes in line, should help you out a good deal. I say measuring as what you've typed above is in tsp and ml, and all over the place. ;)
Thank you for your reply! I got those numbers from trial and error pretty much. Would always get nute burn if I went higher. I started every other day watering for a better dry out. Last grow I had trouble with bugs in the coco.

Thank you for your reply! I got those numbers from trial and error pretty much. Would always get nute burn if I went higher. I started every other day watering for a better dry out. Last grow I had trouble with bugs in the coco.

First, you don't "dry out" coco. It will severely screw it up. Bad. You do NOT water coco like you do soil or peat. Should be 2x-3x a day in veg, up to 4x or 5x a day in flower. You can't over water coco, but you can under water coco.

(Well, if you had a pot of coco sitting in a tub of water, ok, you'll drown the plant, but aside from that you won't.)

Don't worry about 6.0, just be in range. Some elements are better absorbed a tick lower or higher than 6.0, and really about the "best" balance is closer to 5.8, where all nutrients are absorbed at least in part. Being a hair over or under 6 is good, and if it varies just a tick from feed to feed it's a good thing as the plants may have more of what they are looking for from time to time.

If you're hand watering, and have no interest in watering numerous times per day on a schedule, you have options:

- set up an automated watering system (should be able to be done for well under $100)
- switch to a flood/drain (or ebb/flow) type setup
- switch to soil or promix (or sunshine mix)

First, you don't "dry out" coco. It will severely screw it up. Bad. You do NOT water coco like you do soil or peat. Should be 2x-3x a day in veg, up to 4x or 5x a day in flower. You can't over water coco, but you can under water coco.

(Well, if you had a pot of coco sitting in a tub of water, ok, you'll drown the plant, but aside from that you won't.)

Don't worry about 6.0, just be in range. Some elements are better absorbed a tick lower or higher than 6.0, and really about the "best" balance is closer to 5.8, where all nutrients are absorbed at least in part. Being a hair over or under 6 is good, and if it varies just a tick from feed to feed it's a good thing as the plants may have more of what they are looking for from time to time.

If you're hand watering, and have no interest in watering numerous times per day on a schedule, you have options:

- set up an automated watering system (should be able to be done for well under $100)
- switch to a flood/drain (or ebb/flow) type setup
- switch to soil or promix (or sunshine mix)
I definitely don't try and totally dry it out. I was watering everyday then was told not to. I was watering to much. I do hand water. Trying to get these nutrients correct has really been a thorn in my side. I try and ask for help often and run conflicting info. I just get frustrated. Lol

I definitely don't try and totally dry it out. I was watering everyday then was told not to. I was watering to much. I do hand water. Trying to get these nutrients correct has really been a thorn in my side. I try and ask for help often and run conflicting info. I just get frustrated. Lol

It happens. My guess on watering info is that someone thought you were in soil/peat. Coco is completely different in the watering department.

Back
Top Bottom