ZeroDays MMJ Cookbook

zeroday

Hello there folks! I wanted to start posting the various recipes that I have been using to consume my MMJ. I recently came upon 56 grams of 85% THC Oil, and of course set out on the many different ways of consuming it, other than vaping/dabbing and what not.

Most of the recipes are a combination of a bunch of different recipes I found on the Internet, that were adapted to contain THC. I found that the THC specific recipes had the primary goal of getting one completely wasted, and not really accomplishing what I am after. What am I after you may ask? I'm looking for recipes that I can add THC to, without having a result that tastes horrible, or has a poor texture. I hope to be able to enjoy the taste of the food, while at the same time tasting the terpenes in the oil, and eventually getting the intended medicinal effect.

Since I produced the oil, I've learned a ton. Just to name a few recipes I have used it in so far:
  • Classic Eggs Benedict
  • Chicken Cordon Bleu
  • Steak and Potatoes with a Tarragon Crème Sauce
  • Meatloaf with Beef Crème Sauce
  • Sour Grapple Gummy Bears
  • Vegan Watermelon Strawberry Splash Gummy Bears
  • Space Candy - My Favorite
  • And a bunch more
I have all of them in my notebook. I'm an IT guy that insists on making notes on paper!!! I'll get them into electronic format as quick as I can!

So, thats kind of what this thread is about. I'll post each recipe on its own reply to this thread.

Hope some of you find something that works for your purposes. After all, there is the buzz, but then the tastes and smells that this wonderful plant provides! I'm out to experience this.

Lastly, these are just my thoughts and the way I do it. I'm sure there are many other ways of doing it. This thread is simply how I like to enjoy my meds. I'm not dictating anything to any one. If my facts are incorrect, please chime in, I love learning!

Enjoy!

Before I get into the actual recipes, I figured I would explain my dosing methods. I use two different methods, depending on the edible being consumed. I use the "per serving" method when making sauces and other foods where the serving size is constant throughout the batch. For example, a Hollandaise Sauce. If I make a batch of it and then determine that one talbespoon is a serving, its fairly easy to consistently pour one tablespoon of it over the food. On the other hand, if I am making gummy bears, they just about never weight the same. My Mini Gummy Bear recipe makes gummys that are anywhere from 1.2 grams to 1.8 grams each. This can sway the amount of THC that each gummy has. For instances like this, I use the "per gram" method-.

Per Serving Dosing:

Lets say your are making a Hollandaise Sauce, and you know that it will result in 1 cup of sauce, or 16 tablespoons (12.8 grams). Further, you know that there are four people that you will divide the sauce up between, so each person will get 4 tablespoons each of the sauce. Here is how I would go about figuring out the dose. Note, this assumes I am using

• Amount of THC Oil Used = 1/2 gram, or 500mg
  • Potency of THC Oil Used = 85%
  • Total number of servings = 16 (1 tablespoon per serving)
Now that we have the data points, here is the math:

• 500mg THC multiplied by .85 Potency divided by 16 servings, Equals 5.3mg per tablespoon

Per Weight Dosing:

On the other hand, lets say you are making an edible like gummy bears, where the weight from one gummy to the next may vary a bit. For example, the Mini Gummy Bear recipe I use yields roughly 162 gummy bears. As mentioned, they can weight anywhere from 1.2 grams up to 1.8 grams. This can swing the dose quite a bit. For this reason, I like to figure out how much THC a gram of gummy bear has in it, and then weight them before I take them.

Here is the data points you need in order to figure out the per gram dosage. I'll use the values from the last batch I made.
  • Amount of THC Oil Used = 4 grams, or 4000mg.
  • Potency of THC Oil Used = 85%
  • Total batch weight of all gummy bears = 320 grams
Now that we have the data, here is the math:

• 4000mg THC multiplied by .85 potency divided by 230 total grams-, Equals 10.62mg per gram
Now that I have the amount of THC per gram, I figure out how much I want to take, and then do the math and take that number of gummies. My usual after dinner dose is 50mg, give or take 10mg. So, I'd throw 3 or 4 gummies on my scale and measure as close to 5 grams as possible. 5 grams of gummy bears multiplied by 10.62mg per gram, results in a dose of 53.1mg

So, that's how I do my dosing. Hope that makes sense. If not, or if you have a better way of doing it, let me know. I am always open to suggestions and ways of improving.

Sour Grapple Mini Gummy Bears

IMG_2347.JPG

For the first recipe, I figured I would go with my Mini Gummy Bears. This is a combination of 3 different recipes I found on the internet. Here is my take on it.

Ingredients
  • 250 Bloom Gelatin Sheets - 35 grams
  • White Sugar - 123 grams
  • Sorbitol Powder - 12 grams
  • Glucose Syrup - 123 grams
  • Citric Acid - 5.5 grams (optional)
  • 4ml of concentrated flavoring
    • 2ml Apple extract
    • 2ml Grape extract
  • Coconut Oil or MCT Oil
  • THC Oil
This recipe makes roughly 165 mini gummy bears.

Tips and Warnings
  • Wear gloves that will protect your hands from heat when you get to the point where you fill the mold. The mixture needs to be hot so that it will go into the mold. After holding whatever you are going to use to dispense the mixture for a while, you'll start to feel the heat.
  • If you are using a plastic bottle to dispense the mixture, make sure the top stays on secure. The heat inside the bottle will create pressure, as well as make the plastic more flexible. I've had the top pop off mid pour, and spill the goodies everywhere.
Gummy Molds

There are many different "gummy mold" sizes and shapes. Even when you look at just gummy bear molds, there are a few different sizes. This recipe is based on the mini gummy mold. These gummy bears are roughly 0.7" tall. An official gummy bear is roughly 0.8" tall. If you search your online retailer of choice, you'll find gummy bear molds that make gummies in larger sizes, 1" long and up to 6" tall. See the link below for the specific molds I used. If you want the larger sized ones, look around and you'll find there are many.

I happen to like the small size of the mini gummies the smaller mold makes. You see, I'd rather have 3 or 4 small treats to equal my total dose, rather than have 1 big gummy with the entire dose of THC in it. More flavor and fun in eating 3 or 4 for a snack… Opinions vary!

THC Dosing

Follow one of the two dosing methods explained in the second reply to this thread.

Carrier Oil Selection

When I talk about oils, I am talking about "carrier oils". That is, the oil that you are going to infuse your THC extract into, so that it will emulsify and mix in with your recipe. In this case, the recipe is gummy bears, so we'll go with a Coconut Oil as our carrier oil that will bond with the THC and carry it into our blood streams. Its more complicated than that, I know, but I won't go that deep here.

I won't go into great detail. However, I figured I would add this important fact. When inhaling cannabis, or anything really, the compound you are inhaling hits your lungs and then immediately enters the blood stream and circulates. When you eat a compound, it needs to go through your liver before it hits your blood stream. Your liver is basically a filter. So, you'll get a different buzz, but it will also take longer to achieve that buzz, up to and hour.

Why is this important? Different carrier oils move through the liver more efficiently. In the reading I have done to date, medium-chain triglyceride oils seem to be the most efficient. For this recipe, I am using Coconut based MCT (medium-chain triglycerides).

That all being said, you should be able to use other types of carrier oils. I have only used Coconut Oil, which was solid at room temperature, and then the MCT Oil.

Now that we have all that down….

Lets Go!

Bloom Gelatin

• Gelatin Sheets - 35 grams, or ~21 sheets
  • Water in a Bowl
Roll gelatin sheets up together so that you can put them in the large cup or bowl you'll be blooming in. The container should be as deep as the sheets are wide. Fill the container with cold water so that it fills enough to cover the gelatin sheets. Set container off the to the side and allow the sheets to fully bloom.

Prepare THC Oil

• Coconut Oil or MCT oil at a 1 to 1 ratio to your THC Oil. If you have 1 gram of THC oil, use 1 gram of Coconut or MCT oil.
Warm Coconut or MCT oil in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time. You want it hot, but not bubbling or boiling. If using a syringe, place it in a cup of hot water with the cap on the syringe. Once the THC oil is thin enough to squeeze out of the syringe, mix the two oils together, at a 1:1 ratio. Stir well. Otherwise if you are using shatter, rosin or another extract, make sure it melts in with the Coconut/MCT Oil.

Once the two oils are mixed together, set aside.

Make Sugar Base

• Sugar - 113g
Put the above ingredients together in a pot and set heat to low to medium. Make sure the sugar breaks down and becomes smooth, with no granules. Be careful not to overheat the sugar. Go slow. Once the mix is nice and smooth, remove from heat.

Add Gelatin
  • Gelatin Sheets - 35 grams, roughly 21 sheets of quality gelatin sheets
Take the gelatin sheets out of the water. Squeeze/ring all of the water out of the sheets. Place them into the Sugar Base one at a time. The residual heat will help will melt the gelatin. Slowly stir the mix until the gelatin incorporates. Make sure you stir gently and slowly. You don't want to create any air bubbles, as this will effect the visual appeal of the gummies.

Add THC and Carrier Oil

Now that the Gelatin and Sugar base are mixed together, mix in your THC and Carrier oils. Mix well, but very slowly. Again, air bubbles will create issues later on. Once mixed, transfer the mixture to a large metal or glass bowl.

Add Flavoring

• Concentrated flavoring oil, pick your flavor. I use LorAnn Super Concentrate Oils.
  • Citric Acid (Optional)
The Citric Acid is optional. Adding it will give the gummy bears a classic "sour" taste. If you want the straight up flavor, without that sour punch, you can skip the citric acid. I would skip it the first time, add it the second time you make this recipe.

Flavoring oils come in different types. There are the concentrated oils, and then the normal oils. For example, the LorAnn line of oils are concentrated. So, when you see a recipe that includes oil, you'll use half as much, and then adjust until you have the proper flavor. Also, lemon flavoring is much more potent than the others, so use less of it.

Since I am using LorAnn Oils, I add 4 drops to this recipe. If I were using a brand that was not concentrated, I'd probably use 6-8 drops of flavoring. Its up to you. Just be aware that concentrated oils exist.

If you have elected to add the citric acid to get that sour zing, now is the time to add it.

Fill Gummy Mold
  • Food safe squeeze bottle
  • Heat gloves (gloves you can wear that will withstand the heat of the hot liquid in the plastic bottle.
  • Gummy Molds
This recipe assumes you are using food safe plastic squeeze bottles. There are other ways to fill the mold. You can use the droppers that come with the molds, or you can use a professional plastic bag used to ice cakes. I like the squeeze bottles, because they are easier to handle, and I feel I have more control of how fast the liquid comes out.

Fill your dispenser of choice with the final mix. Do so slowly, to avoid air bubbles. Once you have an adequate amount of mix, begin pouring into the molds, very slowly. You want to fill the molds so that each gummy hole is just about filled, but not over filled. You also want to make sure that you fill it completely, and don't underfill. This is important, because you want each gummy to be roughly the same weight, so that you get a consistent dose.

Once you have all of the holes filled with mix, place the molds in the refrigerator for 2 hours.

Drying and General Stickiness

Once the molds have set in the refrigerator, the next step is to dry the gummies out. If you simply pop them all out of the mold and put them into a container, they will stick together and become a mess. Allowing them to sit out to dry will stop this from occurring.

After popping the gummies out of the mold, stand each gummy bear up so that they are all sitting down. Leave enough space between them so that you can easily knock them onto their backs later on. Let them sit for 12 hours in a dry place. After 12 hour have passed, knock each gummy over so that it is laying on its back, and then let sit out for another 6 hours.

Once the drying process is complete, place the gummies in an air tight container, and put in the refrigerator for storage.

Thats it!

Any questions or suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

Space Gems - Grape and Apple Hard Candy

IMG_2525.JPG

These are a bit more work than most recipes. But in my opinion, the taste and effect is totally worth it! These hard candies have two layers. The first layer is Grape flavored. The second layer is Apple Flavored. In between the two layers, we sprinkle a bit of edible glitter in. With the dark background from the Grape color, and the clear foreground of the Apple color, the glitter gives a nice optical appearance.

In other words, they look totally cool and really tasty to boot. And with the added THC? Gitty up friends!

Here we go!

Ingredients

• 112 grams White Sugar
  • 112 grams Isomalt
  • 138 grams Corn Syrup
  • 125 grams Water
  • 3ml concentrated grape extract
  • 3ml concentrated apple extract (clear)
  • Edible Glitter (pick your color, I like gold or silver)
  • MCT Oil (Coconut derived), 1:1 with THC Oil
  • THC Oil, 1:1 with MCT oil
Tools
  • Candy Thermometer
  • Sugar Gloves, or other heat resistant gloves
  • Heat Gun
  • Two glass containers suitable for pouring, also microwave safe. I like Pyrex
  • Small Artist brush for cooking
Prepare THC Oil

Warm Coconut or MCT oil in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time. You want it hot, but not bubbling or boiling. If using a syringe for your THC Oil, place it in a cup of hot water with the cap on the syringe. Once the THC oil is thin enough to squeeze out of the syringe, mix the two oils together, at a 1:1 ratio. Stir well. Otherwise if you are using shatter, rosin or another extract, make sure it melts in with the Coconut/MCT Oil.

If you are using another form of THC, like rosin, shatter, wax…. Stir the THC extract into the hot oil, stirring constantly until the extract melts and blends into the oil.

Make Candy Base

In a sauce pan, add the water. Then add the White Sugar, Isomalt and the Corn Syrup. Mix around to get the sugars and water somewhat dispersed equally throughout the pan. Don't worry about getting it to mix together. Just try and spread equal amounts of everything throughout the pan.

Turn heat on, set to medium. Cook without stirring, until the mixture gets up to 300F. NEVER walk away from cooking sugar, it will get ugly real fast!

Keep an eye on the sugar for visual clarity. It will start with the sugars and the water separated from each other. As the temperature increases, the sugars will begin to melt. Eventually, the mixture will turn completely clear. You don't want it to start turning yellow and then brown. This indicates the sugars are burning. The key is, go very slow and don't rush it. Keep the heat at medium. I'd guess you want to go about 20 minutes to allow it to get up to 300F.

A note on hard candy. My understanding so far is, the higher the temperature you go up to when cooking the candy mix, the harder the end result will be. So, if you don't go all the way up to 300F, the resulting candy will be less hard, depending on the maximum temperature the candy mix got up to. This part might need some help. I've made this 5 times. The first time I burned the hell out of the mix and had to toss it. The second time I got nervous at around 275F and turned the heat off. The result was a candy that was too soft. I could sink my teeth into it as soon as I put it in my mouth. Point is, be patient, go slow, and don't jack up the heat!

Once the candy mix gets to about 300F, turn the heat off. Move the pan from the spot on your stove top it was cooking on to another space to totally get heat off. Get your THC oil out and ready to go.

Mix in THC Oil

Let the candy mix get cool down. When it drops below 260F, get the THC and Carrier Oil mix ready. As the candy mix gets down to 250F, begin pouring the oil in. Try and go in a circular motion around the pan, starting in the middle and going out towards the side of the pan.

Mix the oil in with a spoon until everything is mixed together well.

Break out the heat gun. Melt the sugar that sticks to your spoon off and let it drip back into your mix. Depending on your heat gun, you may need to be careful. On the one hand, it might not be powerful enough to do the job. On the other hand, it might generate the heat, but also too much air flow and blow the sugar around.
My Heat gun has a High and Low fan speed. I use the low fan speed.

Place the spoon aside.

Split the Candy Mix in Half

Once the THC and Carrier Oils are mixed into the candy mix, separate the mix into two different bowls, or large measuring cup. In one of the containers, drop in the Grape flavoring in. Stir the candy mix and grape flavoring thoroughly.

Now that we have the grape candy mix ready, drop the Apple flavoring in to the second container with the other half of the candy mix. Stir thoroughly.

Pour the Grape Layer

Put your sugar gloves on!

The trick here is your microwave and your heat gun. The candy mix will harden quickly. You can put it into the microwave for 10-15 seconds and stir. You may need to do this several times through the pouring process to keep the mix thin enough to pour, and spread into the mold cavities.

If you are using a heat gun, and assuming you are using heat resistant glass like Pyrex, you can just hit the container with heat directly for the gun. Don't let the gun sit on one spot, move it around the outside of the container constantly.
Now that we have the candy mix thin enough to pour, slowly pour the Grape mix into each cavity, HALF of the way. You want to leave the other half for the second layer. As you fill the cavities half way, the mix will begin to thicken. Hit it with more heat, either a heat gun or back in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.

Keep filling the cavities until you are out of the Grape mix. Let the mix harden. Once it has, you'll be able to clean up some of the spillage between the cavities. It should just snap off.

Add the Glitter

Now that you have a bunch of the cavities filled half way with the grape mix, its time to add the glitter.
Open the glitter container, and get your brush out. Dab the brush into the glitter. You'll want to do this next part with the brush at least 6" above the molds.

Work your way around the half way filled cavities in the mold, tapping your finger on the brush as you go. This will broadcast spread the glitter down onto the mold, and the cavities. As the glitter starts to run out, dab the brush back into the glitter and continue until all of the cavities have glitter in them.

Pour the Apple Layer

Now that we have the glitter in place, its time to complete the candies by pouring in the Apple Layer. You'll probably need to rewarm the Apple candy mix. Do so in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time, or hit the container with the heat gun.

Fill the rest of each mold cavity with the Apple mix, until each one is filled to the top.

Wait for Apple mix to harden, and then clean up any over spill, as with the Grape step above.

Done!

Let the candies sit in the mold for 30 minutes. Then, pop them out of the molds and store in an airtight container in the fridge.

My tummy is hurting after all the sweets! Next recipe will be another favorite, but more along the lines of feeding a person real food!

I'll be making breakfast for a full house in the morning. Planning something special for the adults!

Night!

Hello there folks! I wanted to start posting the various recipes that I have been using to consume my MMJ. I recently came upon 56 grams of 85% THC Oil, and of course set out on the many different ways of consuming it, other than vaping/dabbing and what not.

Most of the recipes are a combination of a bunch of different recipes I found on the Internet, that were adapted to contain THC. I found that the THC specific recipes had the primary goal of getting one completely wasted, and not really accomplishing what I am after. What am I after you may ask? I'm looking for recipes that I can add THC to, without having a result that tastes horrible, or has a poor texture. I hope to be able to enjoy the taste of the food, while at the same time tasting the terpenes in the oil, and eventually getting the intended medicinal effect.

Since I produced the oil, I've learned a ton. Just to name a few recipes I have used it in so far:
  • Classic Eggs Benedict
  • Chicken Cordon Bleu
  • Steak and Potatoes with a Tarragon Crème Sauce
  • Meatloaf with Beef Crème Sauce
  • Sour Grapple Gummy Bears
  • Vegan Watermelon Strawberry Splash Gummy Bears
  • Space Candy - My Favorite
  • And a bunch more
I have all of them in my notebook. I'm an IT guy that insists on making notes on paper!!! I'll get them into electronic format as quick as I can!

So, thats kind of what this thread is about. I'll post each recipe on its own reply to this thread.

Hope some of you find something that works for your purposes. After all, there is the buzz, but then the tastes and smells that this wonderful plant provides! I'm out to experience this.

Lastly, these are just my thoughts and the way I do it. I'm sure there are many other ways of doing it. This thread is simply how I like to enjoy my meds. I'm not dictating anything to any one. If my facts are incorrect, please chime in, I love learning!

Enjoy!
Hi zero day, nice idea for the thread. If you are still around the site, mind posting the vegan watermelon gummy recipe? :thanks:

Sour Grapple Mini Gummy Bears

IMG_2347.JPG

For the first recipe, I figured I would go with my Mini Gummy Bears. This is a combination of 3 different recipes I found on the internet. Here is my take on it.

Ingredients
  • 250 Bloom Gelatin Sheets - 35 grams
  • White Sugar - 123 grams
  • Citric Acid - 5.5 grams (optional)
  • 4ml of concentrated flavoring
    • 2ml Apple extract
    • 2ml Grape extract
  • Coconut Oil or MCT Oil
  • THC Oil
This recipe makes roughly 165 mini gummy bears.

Tips and Warnings
  • Wear gloves that will protect your hands from heat when you get to the point where you fill the mold. The mixture needs to be hot so that it will go into the mold. After holding whatever you are going to use to dispense the mixture for a while, you'll start to feel the heat.
  • If you are using a plastic bottle to dispense the mixture, make sure the top stays on secure. The heat inside the bottle will create pressure, as well as make the plastic more flexible. I've had the top pop off mid pour, and spill the goodies everywhere.
Gummy Molds

There are many different "gummy mold" sizes and shapes. Even when you look at just gummy bear molds, there are a few different sizes. This recipe is based on the mini gummy mold. These gummy bears are roughly 0.7" tall. An official gummy bear is roughly 0.8" tall. If you search your online retailer of choice, you'll find gummy bear molds that make gummies in larger sizes, 1" long and up to 6" tall. See the link below for the specific molds I used. If you want the larger sized ones, look around and you'll find there are many.

I happen to like the small size of the mini gummies the smaller mold makes. You see, I'd rather have 3 or 4 small treats to equal my total dose, rather than have 1 big gummy with the entire dose of THC in it. More flavor and fun in eating 3 or 4 for a snack… Opinions vary!

THC Dosing

Follow one of the two dosing methods explained in the second reply to this thread.

Carrier Oil Selection

When I talk about oils, I am talking about "carrier oils". That is, the oil that you are going to infuse your THC extract into, so that it will emulsify and mix in with your recipe. In this case, the recipe is gummy bears, so we'll go with a Coconut Oil as our carrier oil that will bond with the THC and carry it into our blood streams. Its more complicated than that, I know, but I won't go that deep here.

I won't go into great detail. However, I figured I would add this important fact. When inhaling cannabis, or anything really, the compound you are inhaling hits your lungs and then immediately enters the blood stream and circulates. When you eat a compound, it needs to go through your liver before it hits your blood stream. Your liver is basically a filter. So, you'll get a different buzz, but it will also take longer to achieve that buzz, up to and hour.

Why is this important? Different carrier oils move through the liver more efficiently. In the reading I have done to date, medium-chain triglyceride oils seem to be the most efficient. For this recipe, I am using Coconut based MCT (medium-chain triglycerides).

That all being said, you should be able to use other types of carrier oils. I have only used Coconut Oil, which was solid at room temperature, and then the MCT Oil.

Now that we have all that down….

Lets Go!

Bloom Gelatin

• Gelatin Sheets - 35 grams, or ~21 sheets
  • Water in a Bowl
Roll gelatin sheets up together so that you can put them in the large cup or bowl you'll be blooming in. The container should be as deep as the sheets are wide. Fill the container with cold water so that it fills enough to cover the gelatin sheets. Set container off the to the side and allow the sheets to fully bloom.

Prepare THC Oil

• Coconut Oil or MCT oil at a 1 to 1 ratio to your THC Oil. If you have 1 gram of THC oil, use 1 gram of Coconut or MCT oil.
Warm Coconut or MCT oil in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time. You want it hot, but not bubbling or boiling. If using a syringe, place it in a cup of hot water with the cap on the syringe. Once the THC oil is thin enough to squeeze out of the syringe, mix the two oils together, at a 1:1 ratio. Stir well. Otherwise if you are using shatter, rosin or another extract, make sure it melts in with the Coconut/MCT Oil.

Make Sugar Base

• Sugar - 113g
Put the above ingredients together in a pot and set heat to low to medium. Make sure the sugar breaks down and becomes smooth, with no granules. Be careful not to overheat the sugar. Go slow. Once the mix is nice and smooth, remove from heat.

Add Gelatin
  • Gelatin Sheets - 35 grams, roughly 21 sheets of quality gelatin sheets
Take the gelatin sheets out of the water. Squeeze/ring all of the water out of the sheets. Place them into the Sugar Base one at a time. The residual heat will help will melt the gelatin. Slowly stir the mix until the gelatin incorporates. Make sure you stir gently and slowly. You don't want to create any air bubbles, as this will effect the visual appeal of the gummies.

Add THC and Carrier Oil

Now that the Gelatin and Sugar base are mixed together, mix in your THC and Carrier oils. Mix well, but very slowly. Again, air bubbles will create issues later on. Once mixed, transfer the mixture to a large metal or glass bowl.

Add Flavoring

• Concentrated flavoring oil, pick your flavor. I use LorAnn Super Concentrate Oils.
  • Citric Acid (Optional)
The Citric Acid is optional. Adding it will give the gummy bears a classic "sour" taste. If you want the straight up flavor, without that sour punch, you can skip the citric acid. I would skip it the first time, add it the second time you make this recipe.

Flavoring oils come in different types. There are the concentrated oils, and then the normal oils. For example, the LorAnn line of oils are concentrated. So, when you see a recipe that includes oil, you'll use half as much, and then adjust until you have the proper flavor. Also, lemon flavoring is much more potent than the others, so use less of it.

Since I am using LorAnn Oils, I add 4 drops to this recipe. If I were using a brand that was not concentrated, I'd probably use 6-8 drops of flavoring. Its up to you. Just be aware that concentrated oils exist.

If you have elected to add the citric acid to get that sour zing, now is the time to add it.

Fill Gummy Mold
  • Food safe squeeze bottle
  • Heat gloves (gloves you can wear that will withstand the heat of the hot liquid in the plastic bottle.
  • Gummy Molds
This recipe assumes you are using food safe plastic squeeze bottles. There are other ways to fill the mold. You can use the droppers that come with the molds, or you can use a professional plastic bag used to ice cakes. I like the squeeze bottles, because they are easier to handle, and I feel I have more control of how fast the liquid comes out.

Fill your dispenser of choice with the final mix. Do so slowly, to avoid air bubbles. Once you have an adequate amount of mix, begin pouring into the molds, very slowly. You want to fill the molds so that each gummy hole is just about filled, but not over filled. You also want to make sure that you fill it completely, and don't underfill. This is important, because you want each gummy to be roughly the same weight, so that you get a consistent dose.

Once you have all of the holes filled with mix, place the molds in the refrigerator for 2 hours.

Drying and General Stickiness

Once the molds have set in the refrigerator, the next step is to dry the gummies out. If you simply pop them all out of the mold and put them into a container, they will stick together and become a mess. Allowing them to sit out to dry will stop this from occurring.

After popping the gummies out of the mold, stand each gummy bear up so that they are all sitting down. Leave enough space between them so that you can easily knock them onto their backs later on. Let them sit for 12 hours in a dry place. After 12 hour have passed, knock each gummy over so that it is laying on its back, and then let sit out for another 6 hours.

Once the drying process is complete, place the gummies in an air tight container, and put in the refrigerator for storage.

Thats it!

Any questions or suggestions, please feel free to let me know.
Are those regular bears in the front or is that some trick of the camera?

I'm stalking you and this thread now, btw. Good stuff. Great explanations. Thank you <3

Back
Top Bottom