MajorStone's First Indoor Soil Grow - Cherry AK47 - Afghan Kush - Grape Ape

MajorStone

Been growing outside a couple of years and reading this website decided to try indoors.

What strain is it?--Cherry AK-47, Afghan Kush and Grape Ape

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg

If in Veg... For how long? just started

Indoor or outdoor? indoor

Soil or Hydro? Soil Fox Farms

If soil... What size pot? 1x1 foot or 3 gallon

Size of light? Veg lights CFL x 4 -100 watts
200 watt Advanced LED on order for finish

Is it aircooled? nope

Temp of Room/cab? -All in shop 10x 12 room ambiant temp

Any Pests ? nope

How often are you watering? when top 2 inches dry

Type and strength of ferts used? liquid TBD

Just getting started and will make improvements along the way

Here is Cherry AK-47 just planted after arriving home from the med store.
I call her Annie
10-10-11a.JPG

This is Afghan Kush #1 just planted, She collapsed after planting from shock but revived in the dark overnight. I call her Kathy
10-10-11b.JPG

This is Afghan Kush #2 just planted, I call her Joanie
10-10-11c.JPG

And this is Grape Ape, I call her Boo
10-10-11d.JPG

Like I said a very simple set up and I will be making improvements as we go.
today I added some fans robbed from the computers at the recycle center and powered by 9 volt chargers.
10-12-11b.JPG

Bought these nutriants to use.
10-12-11a.JPG

Overall set up so far:
10-12-11c.JPG

MS

Re: MajorStone's First Indoor Soil Grow-Cherry AK47, Afghan Kush, Grape Ape

Here we are back again 1 week later. All plants a have been under lights 24 hours each day except Friday I gave them a 6 hour rest in total darkness.

This is the Cherry AK-47. Annie -It has gained height and foliage, seems happy
10-17-11a.JPG

Next is the Afghan Kush-B, Kathy - It has gained height and foliage, but has not grown as fast as its sister Afghan below. I believe this is due to the collapse on transplant day. She still shows stress on her leaves.
10-17-11b.JPG

Her sister Afghan Kush-C, Joanie has gained the most height of all the girls. She looks well too.
10-17-11c.JPG

And last but not least Boo the Grape Ape. She has gained foliage but not much height.
10-17-11d.JPG

This is the first time I have used the Fox farm mix. all the outdoor grows i used other products like OSH potting soil and Miracle grow bag potting soil which stayed wet for 2 weeks in my climate.
This Fox farm seems to be very porous and the water runs out quick. i have yet to introduce any nutriants and am concerned if they will be absorbed or just end up in the bottom of the pan. Any Sugestions appreciated.

Here is the group Shot

10-17-11e.JPG

MS

Looking good man. Id say start off light with Nutrients. no more than 1/4 strength. Other than that, everything looks great. are you going to run 24/0 your whole veg grow? Or do you plan on eventually going to 18/6?

LED grow. Checking in!
Is that the Advanced LED Diamond Series?

yea I plan to run 24 hrs straight for the veg grow till they reach 18 inches or so then 12 /12.

the light is an Advanced Diamond Series with dual switch capabilities. I am pleased with it, very well built and brighter than you realize,a purple shade of light from a distance. I get woozy when I stick my head down there to water and it takes a while to refocus yer eyeballs.......MS

I wanna eventually mess around with LED growing. Funds are tight so I can't really do much. So instead I will watch yours :thumb:

HISTORY RECAP:

9-14-2011 – Plants cloned by others
10-12-2011 – Clones Purchased and planted in soaked soil, 24 hr light CFL
10-12-2011 - Heights
A – Cherry AK-47 – 4 inches
B- Afghan Kush – 3 Inches
C – Afghan Kush – 4 inches
D – Grape Ape – 3 inches
10-14-2011 -- Heavy watering for weekend away
10-17-2011 - Heights
A – Cherry AK-47 – 7 inches
B- Afghan Kush – 5.5 Inches
C – Afghan Kush – 9 inches
D – Grape Ape – 4 inches
10-18-2011 – LED lighting introduced 24/7
10-19-2011 – Water and Nutrients = 3 gal water to 3 teaspoons Grow 4-3-3
10-20-2011 - Heights
A – Cherry AK-47 – 9.5 inches
B- Afghan Kush – 7.5 Inches
C – Afghan Kush – 11 inches
D – Grape Ape – 5 inches

Back again on the 25 of October. Took the girls outside for some pictures. They have grown but I fried the edges somewhat with the nutrient watering. I flushed the soil with fresh water when the yellow started to show a day or two after the feeding.

This is the Cherry AK-47 which has filled out nicely and is bushy.

10-25-11a.JPG

10-25-11a1.JPG

Note the leaf burn, I guess I pamper these too much, they would be better off if left alone.
10-25-11a2.JPG

This is the Afghan Kush B , stunted at planting and still behind.
10-25-11b.JPG

10-25-11b1.JPG

This is the Afghan Kush C tallest of all and lots of burnt leaves.
10-25-11c.JPG

And last is Grape Ape Short and Squat
10-25-11d.JPG

10-25-11d1.JPG

Now I'm gun shy of the nutrients, I mixed 1/4 the directed amount and made 3 gallons which was split between all 4 plants in their 3 gallon pots. Most of the liquid runs out the bottom. ANY SUGGESTIONS appreciated!

9-14-2011 – Plants cloned by others

10-12-2011 – Clones Purchased and planted in soaked soil, 24 hr light CFL
10-12-2011 - Heights
A – Cherry AK-47 – 4 inches
B- Afghan Kush – 3 Inches
C – Afghan Kush – 4 inches
D – Grape Ape – 3 inches

10-17-2011 - Heights
A – Cherry AK-47 – 7 inches
B- Afghan Kush – 5.5 Inches
C – Afghan Kush – 9 inches
D – Grape Ape – 4 inches

10-18-2011 – LED lighting introduced 24/7

10-19-2011 – Water and Nutrients = 3 gal water to 3 teaspoons Grow 4-3-3

10-20-2011 - Heights
A – Cherry AK-47 – 9.5 inches
B- Afghan Kush – 7.5 Inches
C – Afghan Kush – 11 inches
D – Grape Ape – 5 inches

10-22-11 Flushed all pots due to nutrient burn

10-25-2011 - Heights
A – Cherry AK-47 – 11 inches
B- Afghan Kush – 9.5 Inches
C – Afghan Kush – 14 inches
D – Grape Ape – 6.5 inches

MS

Took the girls out for a picture while adjusting the light height today. Tonight I will start them on 18/6 lighting from 24 hr.
girls6.JPG

MS

everything is looking good on your end. I usually never take my girls out of the room cause I don't like to risk a bug problem. When moving from indoors and outdoors, if you move a indoor plant outside you risk the chance of bugs being attracted to it .

Be cautious when doing this.

TOG,
I'll keep an eye out for the bugs! the caterpillars got a share of the last grow outdoors, they munched the fan leaves somewhat but stayed away from the bud. All I've seen so far is a few moths attracted to the light but will watch for caterpillars.Thanks....MS

Well back again, it is November 5th. The 24th day veg cycle lighting.
Here is the Cherry AK-47 (Annie). She has done best of all, very bushy and about 16 inches tall now. She still has the couple of yellow leaves from the Nute/ph burn.
100_04682.JPG

Next is Afghan Kush A (Kathy). She is the weakest of the 4 girls, shocked at transplant then Nute /PH burn before recovery make her the sickliest looking girl in the bunch. Very yellow coloring in her leaves. She is 14 inches tall.
100_04702.JPG

Afghan Kush B (Joanie) is the tallest of the bunch but still shows yellow leaves from the Nute burn but appears healthy. 18 inches tall she has been topped on the 3rd of November.
100_04693.JPG

Grape Ape (Boo) is looking good but much shorter than the rest. She was resistant to the nute burn and has just slight yellowing in her fans. She is 10 inches tall and filling out not up.
100_04662.JPG

Here"s a group shot! From top left: Joanie, Kathy,Boo and Annie.
100_04714.JPG

DAY BY DAY History Recap
9-14-2011 — Plants cloned by others

10-12-2011 — Clones Purchased and planted in soaked soil, 24 hr light CFL
10-12-2011 - Heights
A — Cherry AK-47 — 4 inches
B- Afghan Kush — 3 Inches
C — Afghan Kush — 4 inches
D — Grape Ape — 3 inches

10-17-2011 - Heights
A — Cherry AK-47 — 7 inches
B- Afghan Kush — 5.5 Inches
C — Afghan Kush — 9 inches
D — Grape Ape — 4 inches

10-18-2011 — LED lighting introduced 24/7

10-19-2011 — Water and Nutrients = 3 gal water to 3 teaspoons Grow 4-3-3

10-20-2011 - Heights
A — Cherry AK-47 — 9.5 inches
B- Afghan Kush — 7.5 Inches
C — Afghan Kush — 11 inches
D — Grape Ape — 5 inches

10-25-2011 - Heights
A — Cherry AK-47 — 11 inches
B- Afghan Kush — 9.5 Inches
C — Afghan Kush — 14 inches
D — Grape Ape — 6.5 inches

10-29-2011 Started 18/6 hour lighting.

11—3-2011 Topped Afghan Kush B (Joanie) at 18 inches tall

11-5-2011 Watered each 4 cups at 5.9 ph.

11-5-2011 Heights
A — Cherry AK-47 — 16 inches
B- Afghan Kush — 14 Inches
C — Afghan Kush — 19 inches
D — Grape Ape — 10 inches

:thumb:
MS

Back again on the 25 of October. Took the girls outside for some pictures. They have grown but I fried the edges somewhat with the nutrient watering. I flushed the soil with fresh water when the yellow started to show a day or two after the feeding.

This is the Cherry AK-47 which has filled out nicely and is bushy.

10-25-11a.JPG

10-25-11a1.JPG

Note the leaf burn, I guess I pamper these too much, they would be better off if left alone.
10-25-11a2.JPG

This is the Afghan Kush B , stunted at planting and still behind.
10-25-11b.JPG

10-25-11b1.JPG

This is the Afghan Kush C tallest of all and lots of burnt leaves.
10-25-11c.JPG

And last is Grape Ape Short and Squat
10-25-11d.JPG

10-25-11d1.JPG

Now I'm gun shy of the nutrients, I mixed 1/4 the directed amount and made 3 gallons which was split between all 4 plants in their 3 gallon pots. Most of the liquid runs out the bottom. ANY SUGGESTIONS appreciated!

9-14-2011 — Plants cloned by others

10-12-2011 — Clones Purchased and planted in soaked soil, 24 hr light CFL
10-12-2011 - Heights
A — Cherry AK-47 — 4 inches
B- Afghan Kush — 3 Inches
C — Afghan Kush — 4 inches
D — Grape Ape — 3 inches

10-17-2011 - Heights
A — Cherry AK-47 — 7 inches
B- Afghan Kush — 5.5 Inches
C — Afghan Kush — 9 inches
D — Grape Ape — 4 inches

10-18-2011 — LED lighting introduced 24/7

10-19-2011 — Water and Nutrients = 3 gal water to 3 teaspoons Grow 4-3-3

10-20-2011 - Heights
A — Cherry AK-47 — 9.5 inches
B- Afghan Kush — 7.5 Inches
C — Afghan Kush — 11 inches
D — Grape Ape — 5 inches

10-25-2011 - Heights
A — Cherry AK-47 — 11 inches
B- Afghan Kush — 9.5 Inches
C — Afghan Kush — 14 inches
D — Grape Ape — 6.5 inches

MS

Are you using an EC monitor to see your ppms. If not that would help you to gauge your nute strength more, if not ur kinda going in blind, also i noticed when i would check the ppm according to bottle measurements the nutes were quite hot and needed to be watered down, just a suggestion, also what worked for me since i was like u doing it outdoors was you got good soil with solid nutes in it already being broken down, if you do go heavy or dont have an ec monitor just fertilize once a week for now, although this post is rather late, maybe for next one. :bravo::thumb:

Are you using an EC monitor to see your ppms. If not that would help you to gauge your nute strength more, if not ur kinda going in blind, also i noticed when i would check the ppm according to bottle measurements the nutes were quite hot and needed to be watered down, just a suggestion, also what worked for me since i was like u doing it outdoors was you got good soil with solid nutes in it already being broken down, if you do go heavy or dont have an ec monitor just fertilize once a week for now, although this post is rather late, maybe for next one. :bravo::thumb:

He is actually growing indoors my friend. The ppms doesn't give you a reading on if you are over feeding or not either. It really depends on the person and how they judge it. a TDS meter only checks PPm of everything altogether, not just one set amount of each nutrient given. It still takes grower skill to adjust nutrients according to plants needs.

He is actually growing indoors my friend. The ppms doesn't give you a reading on if you are over feeding or not either. It really depends on the person and how they judge it. a TDS meter only checks PPm of everything altogether, not just one set amount of each nutrient given. It still takes grower skill to adjust nutrients according to plants needs.

Um, i think knowing your ppm and total nute strength helps to determine if your plants or which plants can handle more or less. Just mixing the regular ratios on the bottle at times i have noticed taking the ppm they were extremely high 1200 + at times, also good to check what your water is. Indoor or out i think its a good investment at least when they are youngins. Just my experience, i like to start around 400 when very small and bring it up as they get stronger to 600-900, when they are healthy and strong i gas them 1200+/- and see initial reaction. Thats just me.:Namaste:

@ Major Stone....are you using the 200w dual lights or just the veg light for now??? AK47 is one of my favorite strains, i had a good grow experience with that strain and the smoke is mean, like the energy plus good body relief. Good job, looks great. Taking my outdoor and going indoor soon.:thumb::bravo:

By the way, i am talking about checking your nute/water ppm before watering to see if it needs more water to thin out. @ guy and i agree it is with everything together but with everything together the mix might be strong, you can tell deficiencies in the plant by leaf burn, color, curling, etc. etc.

Thanks Guys..:bravo::bravo:...I'm keeping close watch on things now...Koala..i have both lights on 18/6..........MS

Back
Top Bottom