Brianaan & SixthEddie's First Grow - Headband - Star Dawg & Grape Ape

Oh okay, temy was peaking at 86 and that's when it really started to worry me but now I have it at a steady 81 degrees and right around 65% humidity.
AND with the clones you were right.. just had to wait. The 6 I pulled from star Dawg that I thought had died are now almost fully standing up. I'll add pictures sometime today

2/6/15
Changes:
- Added poles to headband.
(My goal is to pull the main growth out a tad so I can drop the CFLs lower allowing more growth from lower nodes aswell.)

Also picked up a microscope today, lots of fun. And clones are doing pretty good, they're sitting at 90% humidity at 87 degrees.

Studio_20150206_143623.jpg

20150206_142458.jpg

20150206_133923.jpg

20150206_133001.jpg

20150206_091213.jpg

:nicethread: evolving here.

2/12/15 Update
So we started to notice these tiny little fly type bugs in our dirt mainly only in our Star Dawg. We believe that these were fungus gnats so we headed to our hydro store and he recommended that we use AzaMax. I had decided to use the drench application but also mixed some for a foliar spray. Watered the plants and used the foliar spray to lightly coast the leaves and also kill any of the bigger gnats since I read that the drench kills the larva and prevents reproduction. Anyways its been a day and all the gnats have seemed too disappear, only problem now is that Star Dawgs leaves are starting to curl down. She still looks healthy but as you can see in the picture she's not happy. Any advice on what this could be due to and how to help?
Much appreciated.:thanks:

Before AzaMax
20150210_143607.jpg

After AzaMax
20150212_214901.jpg

20150212_214922.jpg

20150212_215104.jpg

Spray them down with str8 water an give str8 pH'd water for couple of days that stuff is rough on plants everyone I know that has used it has had some kind of problems after they use it have a friend that had a reoccurring mite problem and he swears by somestuff called earthtones concentrate an has had few others try it who were also please with it but if it's just nats let the soil dry out like 2" from the top a couple times and that normally knocks them out they happpens with organic nutrients and over watering

Spray them down with str8 water an give str8 pH'd water for couple of days that stuff is rough on plants everyone I know that has used it has had some kind of problems after they use it have a friend that had a reoccurring mite problem and he swears by somestuff called earthtones concentrate an has had few others try it who were also please with it but if it's just nats let the soil dry out like 2" from the top a couple times and that normally knocks them out they happpens with organic nutrients and over watering
Okay sounds good, I'll check out earthtones stuff. I'm hoping that's the worst they get but we'll see when lights come on today... will update later today.

If they still look bad after spraying them down an if they don't look like they're coming back you may have to wash the leafs to unclog them light dawn and water mix I have seen that stuff cause a coating on the plant that ended up having to be washed with dawn/water

If they still look bad after spraying them down an if they don't look like they're coming back you may have to wash the leafs to unclog them light dawn and water mix I have seen that stuff cause a coating on the plant that ended up having to be washed with dawn/water

Just saw this post, but I sprayed them down with 6.5 pH water alone. Hopefully that works otherwise I'll do a dawn/water spray

:nicethread: evolving here.

B A R,

The AzaMax drench and spray reduced visible gnats for 2 days and now I'm starting to see some of the bigger ones still on the top of the soil.. AzaMax supposedly stops their reproduction but I don't know if all the larger gnats were hit with the spray and drench.

After rummaging through the forum and found this originally by you..?
"One quart h2o (I use tap), One cap of Hydrogen Peroxide, & a small drop of liquid Dish detergent > put in a spray bottle > Shake well > Spray the leafs & medium generously once a day for 3 days > Gnats & Larva gone. I guarantee it..."

Does this really work? Simple enough and I have everything at the moment to do it.

Thanks for the help!

be careful with peroxide it can cause awful burning to the plant get sticky glue bug trap (roach) and put near the bottom of the plant where they can fly into it and for the larvae let the soil dry up almost to the point that the plants start to wilt then water super light and let it dry out again 2-3x of this will knock them out then after that don't water daily pre wet the dirt couple of minutes prior to your real water/food then water heavy til you get run off water then wait till your soils top 1"-2" has dried up this happens to people who water daily tend to have this problem more so when trying to use organic nutrient you could also top dress soil with a variety of different things to prevent this too

B A R,

The AzaMax drench and spray reduced visible gnats for 2 days and now I'm starting to see some of the bigger ones still on the top of the soil.. AzaMax supposedly stops their reproduction but I don't know if all the larger gnats were hit with the spray and drench.

After rummaging through the forum and found this originally by you..?
"One quart h2o (I use tap), One cap of Hydrogen Peroxide, & a small drop of liquid Dish detergent > put in a spray bottle > Shake well > Spray the leafs & medium generously once a day for 3 days > Gnats & Larva gone. I guarantee it..."

Does this really work? Simple enough and I have everything at the moment to do it.

Thanks for the help!
Yes, it really works. I wouldn't recommend anything I haven't used myself & the 2 summers I've been growing I've had to deal with gnats. Both years I eradicated the problem with that formula. Not once has it had a negative effect on my plants. In fact quite the contrary; hydrogen peroxide helps with oxygenating the roots. Glue traps only catch the adults but the larva in the soil is what causes the problem. Of course as long as you have adults they'll lay their larva in your soil but they don't cause anything but a nuisance. I do hang fly traps in my tent for the adults.

UPDATE: 2/21/15

Hi everyone,

We are in day 14 of flowering and we have two different issues. One with Headband and one with Star Dawg. Headband has a weird curling/twisting of leaves and we have no idea what it could be. Stardawg as a clawing of leaves and we believe it could be nitrogen toxicity but aren't sure. The last watering was two days ago, nuteless with a pH of 6.5. Here are some pics:

Headband:
DSC_02219.JPG
DSC_022010.JPG
DSC_02176.JPG

Star Dawg:
DSC_022212.JPG
DSC_022312.JPG

If you guys have any idea what these two problems could be, please let us know!

Thanks,

Brianaan

would be good to know the ph of the soil and also there might be a nitrogen toxicity problem with it
check the ph first
also if your in soil is there any gnats flying around?
you say you used no nutes with water of ph 6.5 but if the soils hot I don't know if just watering with 6.5 water will adjust the soil
just a thought

Your leaf damage on your Headband appears to be from pH imbalance or a severe dry period. The leaf damage on your Star Dawg appears to be from too high of nitrogen. I would flush your pots with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size.

You want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flower.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Follow Chronic and KJC's lead.

If your PH is fine, then you probably have a bug problem. I just went through the ringer but made it through successfully. My plants were curling like yours. I looked and look and look and kept finding nitrogen toxicity as the probable cause. In my situation I knew this wasn't the case because I don't add nutes/ have used this soil for over a year without incident. I knew it was also not over watering. I caught a small spider mite problem very early. Deployed several organic sprays and knower them out right away, but the spraying and constant dampness of the soil gave rise to fungus gnats, so I had to/ am still dealing with them. I am waiting for a shipment of ladybugs this week and they should take care of it.

Hope it's not that, but if it is we'll beat it!

Okay guys were in dire need of assistance, Star Dawgs and Grape Ape are amazing but our Headband is really struggling. We didn't flush her just because we've only been doing ph'ed water around 6.5-6.9. Here are the pics:
DSC_022916.JPG
DSC_022812.JPG
DSC_022711.JPG

What is going on with the leaves, they seem to have these dark spots only under light and some worse. Is it root rot? Please help!

Back
Top Bottom