Golden Goat Sativa Dominant - Front Left
Chem Sun Indica Dominant - Front Middle
Recon 80% Indica - Front Right

Final_Fantasy_7_12_51_14_PM.png

Medium - Soil - Happy Frog
Base Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect
Additives - none for veg
Lights - 15w red/blue LED Grow Panel, 3x 100w Daylight CFL
Cycle - Veg - 24/0 (when timer is replaced I will switch to 18/6)
6"x6" Pots

2014-03-28_23_14_16.jpg

Welcome to :420: RM!! If you wanna know more about lst, may i suggest you look up a guy named Light Addict. Hes IS the lst master and he'll help you in any way he can. Good luck and keep reading! :)
Just a pointer dude...you might want to look into a larger box cuz if you plan on doing lst to all those plants theyre gonna take up a lot of space really fast :)

Thanks canuck
Light Addict got it
Yeah this box is just for the veg, I have a 2x4x6 box for flower that I will be turning into a 4x4X6 box after I harvest the plant that's in there now. Will I need more space before flower? Cause I can spread them out a little more I just have them bunched to fit in the camera angle.

Thanks for the advice and keep it coming I'm always ready to learn more

wow he is REALLY good at that, I was hoping for a bit simpler, like just tying them down. Will that still work or do I need to do topping stuff too?

also I dont have enough posts to be able to PM him yet.
Ill just keep looking on google and the forums for now.

Well the whole reason for lst/topping is to make a more manageable, bushy plant right? :)
Stand back and decide how long you wanna veg your plants then look at the size of the grow area...is there enough room? Will a good portion of your ladies get all the light they need for robust growth? With the strains youre growing id say no. Those sativas can take off fast! Next thing you know that sat will be 3' tall and the others will be lil bushes. Youre the one whos there and has to make those decisions bro :)
Now, with lst/topping...its not that hard. What i usually do is top the mail stem when theres 5 nodes (some do it sooner @ 3 or 4). Then when the new nodes start to grow you lst those new nodes. Youll be left with a "+" looking plant when your 4 new branches are tied down. Goodgle "4 way lst". Thats where i got my start from. Keep reading bro, its the best way to learn :)

Nice setup dude! You gonna top them soon? If not then id start training them soon. After a good watering tho ok. It makes the stems a lil more pliable and more resistant to snapping. Keep em short and when they start alternating nodes throw them lil ladies to the big light and flip em!
Keep em green :)

Alright, so I have been putting it off cause I'm not good at topping or fim (haha) but I'm pretty sure everything has been fimmed but only time will tell.

I'm going to give it a couple days more of veg then I'm gonnaput them in the last pot size to start training them. Also because these pots are too big for my veg box I will be putting them in the back yard durring the day then im gonna bring them in durring the evening.

Final_Fantasy_7_9_07_25_AM.png

Not sure how long I want to veg for but I know the rules: 2 to 3.5 x the size it was when placed in flower.

2014-04-02_09_00_35.jpg

as you can see my math didn't add up last time but in my defense, the last 3 of those plants I grew only got to 2.5 x the size it was before flower.

OK!

I have spread them out a little more with a little more room to spread out later.
They have also been topped/F.I.M.ed this morning, then I added additional lighting (doubled the CFLs).

Final_Fantasy_7_7_12_57_PM.png

Overall its been a pretty productive day, I even built a new door for my Bloom chamber.
(I'll get a picture a little later. (I still have to add weather seal to fill in the cracks and whatnot. 9pm is when the lights come on)

Oh Snap! Now I'm nervous lol
Glad to have you subbed man I'm a little scared cause I don't normally top and this is my first time trying LST.

I'm starting to think maybe I should just do LST on one of them since there seem to be a few issues with doing them all... but which one?

Alright, I have made up my mind. The Golden Goat will be my LST project now.
as such I have focused the camera on the Golden Goat and I will be transplanting soon to get it into the correct sized pot... WOOT!

In the mean time, I believe I will continue to top the others just to get more used to it. (cautiously of course)

Final_Fantasy_7_1_46_10_PM.png

you can see the outer ring of the pot it will be going in, and then LST time

OK. I have decided to go ahead and move a couple plants to flower as they were in the beginning stages of absurdism.
There are 3 left in the grow room with the LST plant, and I have roughly 2-3 weeks before I change the rest to flower. This also means I have to get the grow box light proofed before then. Anyway, here are some pictures to get your mind off it.

I have finally decided to use the hemp string I found in one of my boxes of random electronics(ironic).
2014-04-09_08_18_07.jpg
2014-04-09_08_28_06.jpg

Just these four now
2014-04-09_08_49_34.jpg

and these are the 2 that have been moved. Because the flowering light is set to 9pm to 9am I didnt have enough time to repot them, however, I will be doing so tonight at around 9pm... mountain time:cheer:
2014-04-09_08_56_49.jpg
2014-04-09_08_56_55.jpg
2014-04-09_09_00_21.jpg

Subbed, Im a bit of a fan of training :)

nahh, not you Light Addict! thanks for stopping by RMWidow, this guy taught me everything!

Check out those links in his signature, they're my reference manuals!! Welcome to 420! you'll love this crowd!:thumb:

I like the setup! Looking to buy a similar panel in the fall, what are your thoughts on that LED panel?:thanks:

If you don't mind I have a question..... Why didn't you fill up the LST girls pot with soil? I don't understand why you only filled it about 3/4 full. I LST everything and I'm pretty sure it would be a lot easier if you were at the rim of the pot and not pulling up from the dirt. Your girls look great and I don't mean to be critical was just wondering if there is a reason...... sub'd........:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom