How do my trichomes look at day 52

shaggyb13

Just started week 8 of flowering 3 strains that each have an 8-9 week flowering time.
I want to start to flush when the trichomes are milky not amber but I can't tell with my crappy vision. I got a 30x microscope that attaches to my camera phone from Radio Shack and took these pictures today of the tops of the buds for each strain. How much more time would you say these have to go before harvesting? Thanks

Girl Scout Cookies:

XXX Bubba:

King Louie:

Yes they are swelling. The tops of the colas have rounded out and calyxes are swollen, in the past couple of days the smaller buds on the middle and lower parts of the colas have finally begun to swell and fill the gaps. Don't know how much more they will bulk up. Feeding them M.O.A.B. at 2 tsp per 5 gal. with 50% base nutrients. Here's a picture of one of the g.s.c. plants today

Cool. What about the trichomes? Do they look clear or milky? And is the whole trichome supposed to change color or just the heads?I can't tell. Thanks

I'm with VonD on the colour count. My girls are at almost exactly the same stage. I check daily now: they change quite fast. Depending on what sort of effect you're after, I too reckon they can go another week or two.

Super looking plant. :bravo:

Nice work... I would say another week or two. Usually I flush about now and feed them nothing but water the last week or so.. Bud,s have alway,s smoked and tasted very nice..

Thanks. So since it's supposedly a 9 week flowering strain I will continue to feed through the end of week 8 (5 more days) then start my flush at the beginning of week 9 for 7 days then cut.

Before you cut do a little research if you are not real familiar with the stages of the trichomes. Clear,cloudy,and amber all determine what type of a buzz that you will get. I would suggest that you check out a Plugable USB 2.0 Handheld Digital Microscope,they run about $30-40.. Great for checking out bugs and trichomes.. Happy Growing.

Ill definitely keep checking the trichomes daily. I don't want couch lock weed so looking to do it when they've turned milky.My wife prefers couch lock. I may harvest a plant when cloudy and another when more amber just to test which buzz I prefer for the next grow. I got a 30x microscope that slides over my phone camera for $9.99 at radio shack which was cheaper than the usb ones I had researched. Thanks

here they are 10 days later Day 62
trichomes81.jpg
trichomes71.jpg
trichomes61.jpg
trichomes32.jpg
trichomes23.jpg
trichomes12.jpg

I decided Friday will be the day to cut. That will put them at 9 weeks 3 days in flowering and they were all supposedly 8-9 week strains.
Stopped using molasses and am now just feeding water. some of the sugar leaves are turning yellow or purple but still a lot of green. Should the leaves look mostly yellow as an indicator the flush is complete. If still green do I wait longer til they turn yellow? Will I see rapid yellowing in these last 3 days?

Harvested my 3 XXX plants today and hung them to dry. Have had the others in total darkness since yesterday afternoon so I may cut the rest tonight. Hope I don't fuck anything up with the drying.

from plant #1
xxx11.jpg
xxx1a.jpg
xxx1b.jpg
xxx1c.jpg

Kind of disappointed with my results with XXX. I had read that it was a short stocky leafy plant. The buds were buried in leaves it took about 1 1/2 hrs to trim each plant. Hoping for better results with my Girl Scout Cookies and King Louies. Here are pics of trichomes taken after hanging to dry
IMG_123624.JPG
IMG_123525.JPG
IMG_123426.JPG
IMG_123321.JPG
IMG_123223.JPG
IMG_123122.JPG

Back
Top Bottom