Need 500g on first grow - Please check my homework (with links)

Sponge

420 Member
So, the wife's got the cancer and we didn't find it early. In order to get her on good quality hemp oil in this shady, unregulated market, I'll be growing the material myself. I don't have a lot of room for error so I'd appreciate help determining if my setup will produce 500g on the first grow.

Unless otherwise noted, I'm getting twice the components listed in order to have two tents for redundancy. Like I said, I don't have a ton of room for error; we do what we must for family, right? General advice is welcome and I have some specific questions at the end.

Each tent:
6 x White Widow plants germinated from seeds at Crop King Seeds.
1 x Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride High Yield System (organic)
6 x 3gal buckets with store-bought, sterilized soil and perlite
1 x 4'x4' Tent
2 x Platinum LED P600 on an Intermatic Timer
1 x Frigidaire Dehumidifyer. Household temperature is good but local humidity is very high.
1 x 6" Hydroponics in-line fan and carbon filter on a speed controller

Questions:
1) should I go up to 5'x5' tent with the same light setup just to give my plants a bit more room?
2) is there any problem with the brands or models that I have selected? I haven't purchased yet.
3) can I just follow the Blue Planet feeding schedule for this grow?

Thanks in advance for all your advice and thanks in general to community members and YouTubers like Mr. Tight, Medicropper, Curso, Doc Bud, CO Finest and the rest of you that have provided so much information in channels and journals.

:high-five::420:

Sorry to hear about your wife's cancer, good luck with her battle

If it was me I would run in 5 gal buckets/pot etc

5x5 tent more room you will be crowded in a 4x4 with 6 plants

If you are needing complete stealth I would invest in a better carbon filter I have ran those amazon ones and they don't scrub as well as say for example a phresh
Also the blue planet nutes sched is hot and you really need to learn your plants and watch to see what they need and adjust according but start 1/4 strength of sched at 3-4 nodes high
That sched will smoke your plants
Also not to many here run blue planet here I have used both trio lines and still use farmers pride but I am pretty sure it doesn't qualify as a true organic, and they must be voodo on this site as it won't let me type B. P. N. Without space and punctuation It post a --- in the abb place
Not sure on this as I am still learn organic myself
Good luck you are on the right track and if you veg longer you will greatly increase your yeild
:peace:

Highpotanoose, I sure appreciate your time and sentiment. Reply in-line:

Sorry to hear about your wife's cancer, good luck with her battle

If it was me I would run in 5 gal buckets/pot etc I thought this would make them too big but I'll defer to you here.

5x5 tent more room you will be crowded in a 4x4 with 6 plants Here as well, I've changed the order.

If you are needing complete stealth I would invest in a better carbon filter I have ran those amazon ones and they don't scrub as well as say for example a phresh ... hm. No, we're legal. I'll read up on the comparisons.
Also the blue planet nutes sched is hot and you really need to learn your plants and watch to see what they need and adjust according but start 1/4 strength of sched at 3-4 nodes high
That sched will smoke your plants
Also not to many here run blue planet here I have used both trio lines and still use farmers pride but I am pretty sure it doesn't qualify as a true organic, and they must be voodo on this site as it won't let me type B. P. N. Without space and punctuation It post a --- in the abb place
Not sure on this as I am still learn organic myself Shoot. I can't remember the reference where I pulled the nutes. Thanks for the head's up. Can you recommend a reference for MJ plant signs and symptoms?
Good luck you are on the right track and if you veg longer you will greatly increase your yeild
:peace:

So, the wife's got the cancer and we didn't find it early. In order to get her on good quality hemp oil in this shady, unregulated market, I'll be growing the material myself. I don't have a lot of room for error so I'd appreciate help determining if my setup will produce 500g on the first grow.

Unless otherwise noted, I'm getting twice the components listed in order to have two tents for redundancy. Like I said, I don't have a ton of room for error; we do what we must for family, right? General advice is welcome and I have some specific questions at the end.

Each tent:
6 x White Widow plants germinated from seeds at Crop King Seeds.
1 x Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride High Yield System (organic)
6 x 3gal buckets with store-bought, sterilized soil and perlite
1 x 4'x4' Tent
2 x Platinum LED P600 on an Intermediate Timer
1 x Frigidaire Dehumidifyer. Household temperature is good but local humidity is very high.
1 x 6" Hydroponics in-line fan and carbon filter on a speed controller

Questions:
1) should I go up to 5'x5' tent with the same light setup just to give my plants a bit more room?
2) is there any problem with the brands or models that I have selected? I haven't purchased yet.
3) can I just follow the Blue Planet feeding schedule for this grow?

Thanks in advance for all your advice and thanks in general to community members and YouTubers like Mr. Tight, Medicropper, Curso, Doc Bud, CO Finest and the rest of you that have provided so much information in channels and journals.

:high-five::420:

I can tell by the way you put things.. You are a really smart person.. I hope your wife gets well..

My advice is 6in hyperfan i bought one and they are top quality, carbon filter i got Phresh brand as every one recommends it and again one of the best. for the tent situation, have you thought about building a grow room? thats what i ended up doing, i got a 4x4 and i am using it till i finish my room. just throwing some ideas your way.
20150315_180206.jpg

View image in gallery

Hey sponge, gl with your wife's battle. Lost mom to it a year ago and my wife is battling lyme which in some ways is just as bad and much less known... Not easy being the other person and being so... helpless, esp us problem solvers and analytical thinkers... gzz that was harder to write than I expected. Wish I could help more but I am here learning all I can in hopes i can start a grow in the coming months. how's it going with your setup?

I am going to offer an opinion (and that is all it is) that may be unpopular and be said that it's just not true ... but here goes.

If I were you I would NOT go organic. A living being can not tell the difference between an organic substance as opposed to a non-organic one. A molecule of nitrogen that falls from a cows bladder is no different from one created in a lab. No difference. Organic farming requires a very delicate balance of many things, including bacteria that live in the medium. There is a synergistic relationship between bacteria and the plant that must be in balance; obtaining and maintaining that balance can be a tricky dance. Since you have no room for error, and no time to learn how to walk the tight rope - if I were you, I'd avoid it. It doesn't pass the cost vs. benefit analysis.

Did you notice how the first responder (with some great advice btw) said that he is "still learning organics myself"? I wonder how long he has been learning it. It is not something you can read directions on and follow like a recipe. You need a crop, RFN. Right? Skip organics.

Use a simple but effective three part fert system. Just my not so humble opinion.

Oh, and, wishing wifey a speedy recovery.

~ Auggie ~

I am going to offer an opinion (and that is all it is) that may be unpopular and be said that it's just not true ... but here goes.

If I were you I would NOT go organic. A living being can not tell the difference between an organic substance as opposed to a non-organic one. A molecule of nitrogen that falls from a cows bladder is no different from one created in a lab. No difference. Organic farming requires a very delicate balance of many things, including bacteria that live in the medium. There is a synergistic relationship between bacteria and the plant that must be in balance; obtaining and maintaining that balance can be a tricky dance. Since you have no room for error, and no time to learn how to walk the tight rope - if I were you, I'd avoid it. It doesn't pass the cost vs. benefit analysis.

Did you notice how the first responder (with some great advice btw) said that he is "still learning organics myself"? I wonder how long he has been learning it. It is not something you can read directions on and follow like a recipe. You need a crop, RFN. Right? Skip organics.

Use a simple but effective three part fert system. Just my not so humble opinion.

~ Auggie ~

Honestly, I feel you're correct. As long as we control the environment best we can to avoid pests and the use of harmful pesticides, I think that a well oiled hydroponic setup with a good nute solution will be just as healthy and beneficial as an "organically" grown one. Imo anyway

So sorry to hear about your wife. Best of luck helping her heal!

If you have two completely separate setups, I would recommend doing different types of grows. One of the grows I would make the absolute simplest, hardest-to-ruin, like a non organic soil grow 12/12 from the very start. The other grow do however you want. But that maximizes your chances that one crop will make it to harvest.

FWIW I think organic is a LOT of extra effort, MUCH more complicated and easy to mess up. If you flush your nutes properly at the end I feel the difference in product is negligible. I would save that challenge for a future grow.

And it sucks to say that there are no guarantees on yield. Your first grow is going to largely be an experiment; you never know how the first one is going to go!

Sorry to hear about your wifes cancer. My step sister is dying of cancer and I know how hard it can be on the whole family. In her case she's got 5 kids so it's going to be even harder for them.

I just thought I'd give my recommendation for the best carbon filter I could find for odour control - Air Purifiers Indoor air filtration systems with activated carbon, HEPA, UV by AllerAir

We bought it to deal with the guy living in the other half of the house who smokes tobacco indoors during the winter months and it goes through the central heating system and stinks up our apartment. Running this thing keeps the air smelling fresh and it has far more active carbon in it than any other model I've seen. (24 lbs)

~ Auggie ~

Really good advice here. Want to save it, going to blog

Back
Top Bottom