Show me your T5 Fluorescent Light Grow

Dexter4Morgan

Thinking about getting a T5 8 bulb set up for the summer since I dont have AC in the house. Or perhaps getting a portable AC unit not sure which of those are any good either.

So, looking to see someones T5 grow start to finish none of the grow journals say it in the title. So if you know of any please give me a link to them here

My current plants are under a 2bulb t5. I can't really tell you how it compares to other bulbs as I haven't tried them. Over all I'd say they work good. an 8 bulb set up would put out about 40k lumens and would be good for about 6 square feet.

oh.. if you go with t5 get high output.. low output might as well be cfl's from walmart.

have you thought about led lights i just dont think those t5 lights give the penatration into the plant to produce nice dense flowers i got some 4 and 8 bulb t5 units 4 sale i think they are useless

i guess that might be true i am running 4 1000 w hps and 1 dual arc 1000 mhxhps with summer getting ready to cook again i was thinking those led lights might be good i just would like to personally first hand see a sample of what they put out

TEK 2 T5HO ~ PLL Power Compact T5 from HTG 110 watts 20,000 lumens.

Packs enough punch to keep two 36" mamas happy and vigorous. These two mamas grow at such a fast rate under this light I need to cut away 18" of growth every two weeks so they dont outgrow the tent

IMG_13094.JPG

IMG_143610.JPG

IMG_13903.JPG

IMG_12065.JPG

IMG_12089.JPG

Modular t5ho single strip lights by Hydrofarm daisy chained and connected with special hardware that comes with the reflector kits for these lights.
Each light is 2' long 24 watts & 2000 lumens each. They make excellent cloning & seedling lights. If more are connected they can take a plant to harvest. They also come in 4' lengths

IMG_15912.JPG

Hydrofarm 4' long 6 bulb t5ho. 324 watts & 30k lumens. This is one bad ass grow light. I veg clones under this thing to get them ready for bloom. It will grow a 5" tall clone to 12 inches tall & bushy in only 5-10 days

IMG_13114.JPG

IMG_13504.JPG

IMG_11097.JPG

IMG_11108.JPG

Sun System 4' 2 bulb t5ho Tek Light outfitted with Quantum Horticulture Triple Phosphor 54 watt bloom bulbs. This is another wicked grow light. It has a digital elctronic ballast equivalent to the Quantum BadBoy. Pushes bulbs to 94 lumens per watt. The best thing about these lights is they run cool.
I use two of these as supplements to two 430 watt hps lights

IMG_11393.JPG

IMG_15651.JPG

I love my t5ho lights! The myth about them not having the punch to grow a big plant is so false and the myth that they dont produce good buds is also false. These lights are the next best thing to hid imo.
When shopping for them make sure you get one with an electronic ballast and make sure you get the good bulbs. Simple product number comparisons will tell you which t5ho light and bulbs are better than the next. Remember that not all of these lights are created equal. There's plenty of ok t5hos but only a few really bad ass t5ho light systems out there.

density on flowers is pretty good slightly airy, if anything the dry stage during the cure process can be cut by 12 hours or so, but the crystal production has been much higher for my T5s than comparative results under an 400w HPS. my biggest colia weighed just under 4 ounces, and im pullin about 3/4 pound per light.

I'm starting G-13, Purple Kush and Hash plant and a 5' 4bulb t5HO and then I plan on flowering under a 1000w hps and a 400w hps. If I could do it under just t5's I would love it. I'd like to see a finished grow journal of somebody who has done it.

Back
Top Bottom