SC's First MM Grow Bag Seeds

Smoketahchoke

3xfeet
2 plants
GH nutes(currently diluted to 20% of week feeding schedule)
Rock Wool cubes
DWC hydro
t5 10k florescent(will add cfl's for scrog.)
Alright the premise is I am currently trying to grow a mother for a Scrog grow.

I currently have two sproutlings from bag seeds and they look decently healthy under my 10k lumen t5 florescent which I intend to use up to the pre-flower stage of the possible mother plant. 3-4 clones will be placed into a box cfl box that will have 2 t5 florescent bulbs(same lamp currently used for vegging) along with 6 42 watt cfls which should push my above 5000lumen per square foot.

Indica14.jpg

this one I'm not so sure about but I learned a lot from it and the fact that it still insists on being alive amazes me. If it turns out female I believe it will produce some sturdy clones and if the smoke i got from the seed is any indicator it is probably a Indica Strain.

Sativa12.jpg

This one I really hope turns out female, The smoke I got from this was very potent and seems to be Sativa dominant but had enough Indica in it to really relax my back pain but without couch locking me.

Re: SC's First MM Grow Bagseeds

Me too but my gut sense is telling my one of em is female. and if neither of them are then at least I will know that I can indeed do this so I'll probably spend the money on some feminized seeds =)

PS is my signature showing up? it's just a link to this post.

Just stopping by. Girls looking good. How far away are your lights? :grinjoint:
About 4 inches(had to raise them for the pictures) :high-five: with the airflow in that room due to the proximity of my central air vent and the fact that those t5's barely put off any heat(can't wait to see what t5's can handle once we can get 10-20k lumens per bulb the room has bottomed out at about 72 degrees and tops at 84 which is a good range to me and no burn on my plants(The indica browning is from over nute and over water and spending to long in it's sapling stage under a humidity dome... still can't believe that plant isn't dead but it's growth has been slowed considerably compared to the sativa that is about a week younger than it.)

Well the original plan was to use 1 20gallon res working 4 airstones with 4 plants to preveg so I put the water in but the reservoir couldn't handle the pressure of the 18(2 gallons empty to suspend the rockwool over) This made measuring very difficult and 18gallons turned out to be way to much. not to mention the feeding chart I obtained was for clones not seedling so I over fed them bad. the seedlings looked great the first day but when i checked them in the morning they showed nute burn and Major drooping( they were all laying flat on the lid of the reservoir) I Tried to save them by drying for half an hour then flushing... Well an emergency came up and the plants ended up sitting out for 4 hours. I come back and they all look dead as a doornail. I flush them under the sink as I prepare very low newt solution into buckets I was intending to use only to house after preflower in a permanent low veg room.

The flush and the buckets with lower nutrient levels and a proper water level only managed to save the one that I think is indica. The sativa sprouted about 3 days after that fiasco and as soon as the unopened first leaves showed I placed it into a bucket with nothing but phed water and it is now at day 8 on the same nutrients as the survivor.

So ya I'm surprised it survived lmao when it's brothers and sisters didn't make it.

Read the entirety of Irish's Inferno grow and got some real good information in there.. Made me think of a lot of changes to make to my scrog room(which is why I haven't build it yet.. I would hate to limit myself when I keep learning so much every day on here..

As a result I switched my plants to a 24 hour light period and had noticeable extra growth when I woke up in the morning =). Worried that the roots might under develop so I'm keeping an eye on that.

picture update.
My plants are looking a little droopy and sad =( checked ph and it seemed a bit high(between 6 and 7) so I added some ph down hoping this will cure their drooping.
Sleepy.jpg
nice growth on this one looks like she's a little sleepy though. hope the ph down helps(anyone else who sees these I could use some info on what you think this may be if ph correction doesn't fix it)
droopy5.jpg

less sadness in this one than the other but this one has survived so much it being a bit more resistant doesn't surprise me.
roots57.jpg

On a good note 24 hour lights don't seem to have affected my root rate to much. Finally got some poking out the bottom of the net pot which has me excited about how much this plant is going to start to grow.

Still getting some major drooping on one Plant. Currently using playstation cds to hold the stem up as it seems to want to lean right where the stem meets the rockwool. The one I believe is Indica just started showing roots through the rockwool today.

212011I.jpg

Not as much growth as I would like but I'm beginning the think this plant is going to be all right.
212011S.jpg

the droopiness of this one is really beginning to worry me.. If i didn't know better I would think it was overwatering.

Could you have spilled something on the leaf for it to burn? If it's just one leaf I wouldn't worry about it. But watch your girl closely. If something else develops then look for a solution. :cheer:

Alright. Now I have started LST. The droopiness seems to have been fixed. The plant I used to think was indica(actually I think they are both indica now that they have grown out more. they both seem to have shorter broader leaves) is still stunted and if it doesn't keep pace with the larger plant I may have to loose it due to having to raise the lights, but I hesitate as that will reduce my chance of getting a female by half.
282011S.jpg

The bigger of the two plants.
281011I.jpg

Smaller and 3 days elder of the 2 plants
282011G.jpg

2 of em side by side
282011R.jpg

24/0 doesn't seem to have hurt my root development
tubco2.jpg

Ghetto Co2 generator. Ingredients = sugar+water+cheap bakers yeast. I put this in and it cured some of the droopiness in my plants, and it seems to get perkier everyday.

Could you have spilled something on the leaf for it to burn? If it's just one leaf I wouldn't worry about it. But watch your girl closely. If something else develops then look for a solution. :cheer:
Meant to say this a while ago but I think you were right. Apparently I had a leak in my closet.. Could have been catastrophic but it has been repaired and I'm keeping a very close eye(leaking roofs and powerstrips are a catastrophic combination in small spaces)

Back
Top Bottom