Shadowman's 2015 Grow Season

Hey Shadowman did I read that right you said you add nutes during flowering, I've just flipped my light now I'm worried that my 420 soil won't see my girls all the way through.

Yes I add bloom nutes and since I'm under LED lights I also add cal/mag+, B1 and Silica. I add bloom nutes for trichomes, cal/mag+ because they require more under LED's, the B1 and Silica are to help with stress. What size pot are they in? How long did you veg them. Rule of thumb is 1/4 gal of pot for every week of grow (5 gal pot = 5 month grow). Thanks for stopping in and great question. Stop back soon for another update. "Keep The Green Side Up"

Hey 420 Mag. I hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend. I did an experiment with juicing cannabis leaves and stems after I trimmed the growth under the scrog nets.
[video]
I encourage others to try this as well. I was surprised by the results.

Yes I add bloom nutes and since I'm under LED lights I also add cal/mag+, B1 and Silica. I add bloom nutes for trichomes, cal/mag+ because they require more under LED's, the B1 and Silica are to help with stress. What size pot are they in? How long did you veg them. Rule of thumb is 1/4 gal of pot for every week of grow (5 gal pot = 5 month grow). Thanks for stopping in and great question. Stop back soon for another update. "Keep The Green Side Up"

Their in 3gl smart pots and I veg them for 9 weeks(10 if you count the first week of 12/12), I planned on vegging for 6 weeks but they started to show calmag deficiency and possibly a zinc deficiency so I delayed the flip. I gave them more 420 soil and they bounce right back and are looking healthy now. I already have some general organics calmag+ but stopped using it when the plants bounced back, what bloom nutes do you use and what brand of b1 and silica do you use, I think I've heard of b1 before but I don't know nothing about it.

B-1 contains vitamins and nutrients that are cultured in sea kelp. Its good for facilitating healthy root development,transplant shock,initiate rapid stem and shoot growth and can be used as a foliar spray throughout the veg and into the first week of flowering which will give more strength to the leafs and promoting cellular division at the internodes. B1 is my favorite to use for cloning as well and gives me roots in 5days which I have shown many times.

Their in 3gl smart pots and I veg them for 9 weeks(10 if you count the first week of 12/12), I planned on vegging for 6 weeks but they started to show calmag deficiency and possibly a zinc deficiency so I delayed the flip. I gave them more 420 soil and they bounce right back and are looking healthy now. I already have some general organics calmag+ but stopped using it when the plants bounced back, what bloom nutes do you use and what brand of b1 and silica do you use, I think I'veT heard of b1 before but I don't know nothing about it.

They'll finish but you won't get the max yield because your pot is too small for the length of grow. I am using Mad Hatter nutes, I got in on a sample pack promotion for cost of shipping. M.O.A.B. (mother of all blooms) for bloom nutes and their B1 and Silica. I'm using a 1/4 tsp per 1 gal for bloom and 5ml per gal for the B1 and Silica. All mentioned nutes in one feeding, then all but bloom the next feeding, then straight distilled water the next and then repeat cycle ( I feed cal/mag+ 10ml per gal every feeding). That's what I'm doing but that doesn't make it the correct or best way. I would move up to at least a 5 gal pot, that will give you 5 months total for root development. Thanks for stopping in and asking such great questions. "Keep The Green Side Up"

I flipped the 2 Thai Skunk to 12/12 and update on veg and clones.
[video=youtube_share;evmg5W2MEKE]
[/video]

Hey 420 Mag, Welcome to my grow. I just finished week 1 flower for 2 Thai Skunk and will be doing a vid later on tonight when they wake up. Stay tuned, "Keep The Green Side Up"

Shadow, quick question. You started NOT under led. At what stage in plant development did you turn the leds on? Height, or number of nodes etc?

Hey Colesdad, good to see you brotha. The main reason I started plants in veg under the T5 and cfl's is because I was still remodeling the flower rooms and didn't want to wait to pop some beans and get things underway. You can grow them in veg under LED obviously and I will when I don't have anything in flower. The florescent and cfl lights allow me more time to train and top my plants without the rapid growth of LED. My veg room is only about 50" x 50" and it doesn't take long for 4 - 6 plants to get out of hand in that small space. I first top them at around the 4th node for the first time but it depends on how tall the plant has gotten by the 4th node. If the plant is an Indica dominant and is short and stocky I may wait for the 5th or 6th node (I look for my ideal height according to where I want the plant to hit the scrog net) to top it the first time. I usually have my first net at or about 18"-24". The bottom line for me at least is I wouldn't put any sprouts or extremely young seedlings under the intensity of LED. My thought is that once I have topped the plant (or where you would have topped it even if you are not topping) it is safer to introduce the intense LED without much concern for burning. That's my take on it but what I can't stress enough is the fact that I'm a new grower and what may or may not work for me is not necessarily going to work or fail for you or even be the correct or wrong way of doing it. If it works than it can't be all bad. Keep notes so you can go back and reread especially if you hadn't dealt with a certain issue for awhile. Thanks for stopping by my friend and "Keep The Green Side Up"

Not counting the tall girl in tent #2, but how high is your led from the girls?
I bet it smells wonderful in the tents!

I've got the lights at 24" above the average height flowers. It doesn't have much of a smell yet unless you pinch off a leaf.

Back
Top Bottom