Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By negativeions
  • 2 Post By fish cake
  • 1 Post By saurelio
  • 1 Post By Relaxed Lester
  • 4 Post By JJ Bones
  • 1 Post By JJ Bones

Thread: Whats the best way to dry your bud?

Whats the best way to dry your bud?

Hi I just harvested my crops want to know what the best way to dry it out indoors and to keep the potency... thanks

Re: Whats the best way to dry your bud?

I hung them in a closet, and had a small fan in there. It worked well except the fan probably dried them a bit quick and I couldnt control the stickyness as well. You want em dry/sticky imo
    Current Grow - Tent, 400W HPS & MH, Cool Tube, Caramelicious, Coco, Perlite, Canna Coco

Previous Grow

I embrace my desire to, feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough, to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human... Maynard James Keenan

Cannabis Connoisseur - Member of the Month Winner - November 2012 fish cake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

agreed with neg. hang them in a dark area with some air movement but dont let the fan blow on them directly.
    in 4or5 days check to see how she's doing by seeing how a stem snaps you want it to snap not break. if it just breaks its too dry. also by drying in the dark this will help dissapate chloriphill and help take the green mowed lawn taste away.
    Growing In The Pond and Keeping My Head Above Water - In Progress

Dr. Strange Bud. How I Quit Worrying And Learned to Love The Medi Bomb - Completed!

Not 12/21/12 The Last Hoorah 2046 - Completed!

My Blue Moon - Completed!

Got my feet wet now its time to dive in
    - Completed!

Fish Cake's Tunes - Off Topic Thread

...beware of being the roller when there's nothing left to roll
    Nostalgia just aint what it used to be

Thank you

Yea i've also heard of people ( and i've tried ) spreading their buds in a single layer in paper bags with holes punched in the sides and crimped at the top. With a fan blowing on them in a dark area.

Talking to a Munchkin outside the Emerald City
    Blog Entries

How well do those hanging net drying racks work??
    Muttt

Click ....... HERE ...... to vote for Plant Of The Month, NUG Of The Month and Member Of The Month

Blog Entries

The dry racks are badass, work very well. I've used them tons of times and have tons of clients who have them too.

Let me know if interested!

Blog Entries

Yeah,

What are they going for?? Looking for the 2 ft version.
    Muttt

Click ....... HERE ...... to vote for Plant Of The Month, NUG Of The Month and Member Of The Month

Blog Entries

They are about $35 for the 2' version.

I'll get the version from the video on the website today. Right now I have different styles up.

I bought a cheap tent style closet from walmart for 20 bucks.. taped over the clear areas(to keep it dark in there), cut a small square hole on one side bottom and on the other side top.. placed a small fan/heater near the bottom side hole, Hung plants after harvest from the rod inside, with a slight wind flowing over and around them(not directly on them). Oh and I also use a cheap(5-6 bucks) temp/humidity meter.

Works very,very well.. and cost was around 40 bucks(including fan/heater)..

No offence to manufactures or re-sellers of other types/styles of dryers.. This works best for me.. I had no dark room to use drying racks.. hence I made my own dark drying rooms.. cheaply

Good luck

p.s. I now have two of these set ups, as my skills have progessed and plants(6 at a time) have gotten to big to fit in one...
    Live Life...Be open...Enjoy Meeting New People....Accept and Give Compliments Daily....Always Remember To Laugh....

Live simply. Love seriously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Blog Entries

I got a 4' x 3' x 6' tall grfow box. I plan to hang a net dryer on a hook right next to the light. After harvest, turn off the light ..... keep the ventilation going and just hang the dry net for a week right inside the box it was grown in. During that time, I can have my clones getting ready to go into the grow box for the next batch. That's my plan anyway. Just have to get it to the harvest stage. Hopefully around christmas time.
    Muttt

Mutt, that should work fine also.. I have used my grow room as my drying room in the past..

Only now, I have a continous(sp) grow happening.. I have maybe one or two days(cleaning and re-painting flat white if needed) inbetween harvest and bringing new girls into my bloom room(from a tent the same size as yours that I use for vegging only)! I needed a seperate space to dry and keep the temps and humidity controled. The cheap walmart(or wherever) spare closet works perfectly for my needs..
    Live Life...Be open...Enjoy Meeting New People....Accept and Give Compliments Daily....Always Remember To Laugh....

Live simply. Love seriously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.