indica and sativa together in perfect harmony?

420London

Whats up everyone have been browsing this website for years but just signed up as i need some advice if possible! Have been wanting to grow my own for years for obvious reasons but thr space has only just recently become available.i will be splitting thr final product beteeen 3 of us so have decided to do 15 in total.7 Heavyweight fruit punch 4 girl scout cookies and 4 chocolate fondue
they are all meant to be forgivimg for beginners but after recieveng the seeds i realised the gsc is an indica dominant while the others are sativa!! Will this be a problem for me? If so how can i overcome it?.Planted them in root riot cubes today and they are in a heated propagator.when should i stick the propagation light 2 tube on them? And does anyone have any tent/ light recommendations 2 600ws is the plan but so many choices?! Sorry for the paragraph Peace

Hey buddy glad you started growing. As soon as they sprout they should be welcomed by light so I would just leave them on tomorrow. 2x 600w is a nice setup, plenty of tents available on the net so just have a good browse & buy what you fancy. What matters is the size you can fit in your room. Most would agree that 1x 600w covers an area 1.2m x 1.2m quite nicely with a good hood. Hope this helps a bit, good luck.

Relax and welcome to the wonderful world of growing.At this stage t5s or a MH is perfect for early growth.Dont fertilize seedlings for atleast 3 weeks.15 plants is a lot for a 4x4 tent,but can be done depending on final pot size.Plants can be topped,fimmed,or tied over to control size,but try to keep the canopey as even as possible

You'll have no issues growing them together. Veg time is the same, and can be any length of time you choose for photo strains.

As Avgjoe above stated, by training the plants to all grow at the same height, you'll maximize your yield from each plant. Obviously with different strains, some will be ready sooner than others, just harvest them as they become ready. My last grow was a Sativa with an Indica, and I had no issues.

Thank you very much for your quick replies! Was thinking of the greenroom 240 x 120 x 120 tent? Ok so il stick the t5 light ive got for them on them later as they shoild have sprouted.would you begin to let air in or leave the propagation vent shut at this point? How far should i hang the light from the babies and how long before i should put them in the tent and under the 600s or would you guys syart with a 250 or 400 first?? All the training techniques sound good but will they be difficult for a beginner to the point i might fuck up or is it worth the try? Thanks for your quick replies will post pictures of my setup so far if that helps? Humidity is 68 in the propogator atm! Have a good day

You may encounter something that I learned the hard way. Indicas go through a growth spurt that slows down around week 2-3. Sativas, (the ones I grew anyways) kept growing till week 6. Having to bend them in all sorts of fashion to keep them under the lights. I put into flower at 3-4ft. By week eight main cola was curled under 10 ft ceiling. I would check out some low stress training or even scrog because they will out compete your indicas before your indicas start to put on weight.

Hmm well this should be fun then haha! Whats life without a little difficulty?! Has anyone used the budbox xxl???! Have been offered a good deal on one and it looked the dogs
danglies in the shop? Is lst difficult to master? Any recommendations are appreciated. Seeds have sprouted and are breaking the soil as we speak :D! Has anyone grown fruit punch,chocolate fondue or girl scout before?
Stay highh!

I grow chocolate fondue and platinum girl scout cookie. They are both hybrids. I actually have the paperwork on chocolate fondue. Here is fondues rundown it's available from dna genetics originally.Brand: DNA Genetics
Product Code: DNA-084
Availability: In Stock
Seeds Per Pack: 6
Flowering Time: 8 - 9 weeks
Sex: Feminized
Environment: Indoor & Outdoor
Genetics: UK Exodus Cheese x Chocolope
Strain Type: 80% Sativa Dom - 20% Indica
DSC_03988.JPG
that's my tested results for fondue it flowered for 60 days

As you can tell it leans towards the indica growing Window even though it's sativa dominant. This strain can get very big. My last harvest I had 4 of them in the all produced 7-12.5 oz per plant. Sativa growing patterns ie:height, length, etc. Indica growing schedule hope that helps

Thanks for your help much appreciated the girl scout ive got is cali connections one.have you got any photos of your chocolate fondue would be nice to see! Sounds like you know the strain well

sounds good to me looking forward to it! out of the 15 9 have poked there heads out of the root riot cubes and the other 6 i can see are trying! there under a t5 24w 2 tube propogation light for 24 hours a day and in the heated propogator with the lid on
the humiditys averaging 68-72.when would you take the lid off of the propogator and should i switch to 18/6 lighting or not until there in the tent under a 400? also when should i begin to open the air vent and when would you turn the heater in the propagator off?? thanks

Back
Top Bottom