Clipping the Male plants

Re: Clipping the Male plants.

Can you clip the balls of a male plant and still leave it with the female?

Yes you can, but it will be very time consuming. If you miss any, you'll likely end up with a fertilized female.

Using a male plant is possible for making hash, oil, etc.. but for most growers isn't worth the effort, and they just cut them down.

For me, I'm planning to do some breeding in the future, specifically to produce some seeds so I always have something available that I can grow.

Hey I'm new to this and I just thought I'd ask, lol.

Speaking of breeding would a male plant allways produce male seeds?

I'm just throwing out questions.

LOL sorry man, I was just joking around. the male plants only produce pollen and not buds. the only reason to keep a male around is if you want to get seeds in your females. Otherwise I would just chop them, the sooner the better. A male plant when bred with a female will produce both male and female seeds. I believe to get feminized seeds you take a female plant and spray it with colloidal silver, this will cause it to become some sort of a male tranny type thing, and then use the pollen from that plant to impregnate a female plant and that will give feminized seeds (if i read correctly).

Just like go4 said, it produces pollen.

The pollen fertilizes a female, and approximate half the seeds will be male, and approximately half will be female.

Thanks guys, lol. I think I need to do some more reserch before I post and look stupid like Farang suggested.

I really hav'nt done this before so if I ask some stupid questions I can take the feedback.

Hell I built houses all my life and always got the newbie chasing his tail looking for a box of toenails, grins.

Thanks guys, lol. I think I need to do some more reserch before I post and look stupid like Farang suggested.

I really hav'nt done this before so if I ask some stupid questions I can take the feedback.

Hell I built houses all my life and always got the newbie chasing his tail looking for a box of toenails, grins.

This is a great start, and well worth saving in your bookmarks: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

This topic here, is a great training guide: How To: Bend and top your way to a 1 pound monster

None of the regular folks here will give you shit over asking a question. It's one of the best ways to learn :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom