help me to diagnosis if its nute burn or something else

zionwtwt

Hi ,I'm a beginner started just a month ago, and this is my 1st plant.
35 days old.
S_4644895.jpg

IMG_068131.JPG
IMG_068229.JPG
IMG_068031.jpg
IMG_068333.JPG

few days ago the few older tips appeared like
nutrient-burn-cannabis-sm.jpg

curling up and the colour went light and yellow.

and i was using a container i made by 4.5L PET bottle , drilled some holes under for drainholes.
but look not good , the soil is too stick ,holes on the bottle is not working well too ,seems the water i flushed is not coming out from the hole.
its my 1st time grow , i didn't do much work on it ,i don't know the PH soil i was using in the PET bottle ,and i haven't use any nutrient material for my plant.
after i found my leaf tips went yellow , i took out the plant from soil , washed by tap water , the roots look abit yellow , im not sure its the soil color or my root has already gone rot.. (i forgot to take photo)
anyway i digged and pulled whole plant out ,washed abit by tap water,moved and planted it to a bigger container , the container is actually a normal flower pot as you can see in the image. and i changed another type of soil also , which is not too stick (i dont know if im using a hot type soil or there were some heavy nutrient in the soil, a friend bought me from internet.)

works well ,the water runs out from the bottom each watering. (2L water once every three days for 5L soil)
but seems they are still going yellow (or brown?) day by day slowly from the edge.
even i can see they are alive and still growing slowly.

the cotyledon leaf was green after i planted her to new pot ,after 3days later,cotyledon gone yellow as you see in my photo.
also i tested the PH for my new soil after i realized i have to do that.
PH 5.9 ~7 from the center around the roots at root level .
PH 6.5 ~7.3 abit far from the center of the pot at root level .

tested the tap water ,the PH is 7.6
and im using the normal water i bought from the shop , tested the PH , look like PH 8..

the temp in my room remains around 60F~72F ,spring weather , which i assume is fine
with a 15W t2 cfl light , the distance between the plant is 4 inches.
I also got MH/HPS there , not using it yet , considered the power costs for just one plant.

will provide more info that i can do if you ask.

Thank you for reading or reply

Your plant is in the same stage that my plant is, and is an auto too, growing outdoors, have 30 days and is growing the 5 fingered leaves, there is something strange, that is nute burn yes but 15 w is small, you should have a bigger plant, let the soil dry and give only water, after that give nutes but care don't give to much low the ph a bit

hi, BuddroGreen . thanks for helping.
1. i didn't give any nutrients . just watering .
2. im sorry i seriously don't know , all i know is these soil are very sticky after watering , have to mix 1/3 sands and some Perlite.
also can see there are lots tree barks ,some impurities i cant tell what those are.
3. can't tell. i don't know these pics below would help

1st kind of soil , i used it when my plant is still seed , sticky ,good water retention, and i used a bad container , water can't run out from the bottom.
after i found my plant is sick , i moved the plant to another pot with another soil.
S_4644962.jpg

2nd kind of soil ,im using it for my plant. sticky too, but mixed some sands and perlite by myself . dry fast and seems good ventilation
S_4644963.jpg

will see if i have more info that i can get for anybody who wants to know.

Hi James dBong.
i don't know if my plant is auto or not , found this seed from the weeds that im going to smoke . will see if i can get a better lighting equipment.

Hi Bapple
what suggestion you will give me for this situation

Hi James dBong.
i don't know if my plant is auto or not , found this seed from the weeds that im going to smoke . will see if i can get a better lighting equipment.

Hi Bapple
what suggestion you will give me for this situation

Hey Z!

Not sure I am the best person to suggest anything. You grow indoors with lights and I grow largely outside. Beyond starter CFLS, I don't know squat about lights. I don't know what's in your soil but a plant like that (5 weeks old) should be bigger. The stunting is more worrying than the nute burn.

Hey Z!

Not sure I am the best person to suggest anything. You grow indoors with lights and I grow largely outside. Beyond starter CFLS, I don't know squat about lights. I don't know what's in your soil but a plant like that (5 weeks old) should be bigger. The stunting is more worrying than the nute burn.

Hi Bapple ,thank you for replying.

what i said 35day was a mistake, my plant should be 26day old today. (as i checked the date of photos ,her 1st day should be March 15)
is it normal a 26day old plant grow like this? will still it too slow for 26day old ?

also i see something like buds on my plant ,you can see on the pics i posted (but its too small to focus , can't get a clear shot)
don't know if its normal when i can see the bud on a 26day old plant.

about the soil , i discussed my situation with the friend who gets me these soil , he is not good at remember anything so he figure the 1st type of the soil PROBABLY treated with nutrients, and the 2nd type of the soil which is with my plant now is PROBABLY okay for now.
It's still good for me , 3 - 4 people vote that is nute burn, still good to know whats going on here ,
though if its nute burn i don't know any way to treat her, i already change the soil for her
(even its another soil that i don't really have any info about)
and get a bigger pot which has good drainage just incase the root goes unhealthy.
also i start do more control about watering, bought a PH/Moist/Light tester.
then looking forward to what i can do.

Hi too all who is reading this thread ,my plant look like she goes through the nute burn after i replace the soil for her.
i think perhaps i should find out the reason of the stunting now .

IMG_071028.JPG
IMG_070929.JPG

just keep update this thread , 30day old now.
look like yes she goes through the nute burn or whatever. the new leaves still has some yellow spots on the edge but seems its not going to get worse.
and replaced the light to 100W 6400K CFL. see if i can fix the stunting issue.

The plant looks healthy. How far away is your light? I've never grown with cfls but I read that people put them sometimes up to an inch away from their plants. Basically as close as possible. So going by what I have read on other journals- you'd have to have the lights right inside the pot from what I can see.

yes as the topics i have read,
my light is about 3 inches away between the top of plant . 100W CFL abit hot , will see if i can get it closer without burning the plant .

Hi ,just keep updating this thread ,
now i think i meet another problem , the older leaves seems start curling down.
not sure if its normal , or there is something wrong , the newer leaves are look fine ,but the older leaves just look not same as 2days ago.
S_4775959.jpg
S_4775958.jpg
S_4775957.jpg

i checked some website , compared the photos , look like Nitrogen Toxicity or over(under)watering .
but i have not use any Nitrogen material yet,
also i think my watering method is okay (wait for soil at least 20% dry ,then flushing in water to the soil, the drainhole works good, i can see alot of water coming out from the hole)
oh and i replaced the light to a 100W cfl 3 days ago , the distance between the plant is 2 inches, dunno if its the light causes this.

see if anyone got any opinion for my situation here, i hope its just normal , just too much worry.

The only point I can help with is your frequency of watering. Cannabis benefits from dry and wet cycles. If you are watering when soil is only 20% dry, your problem (or one of them is certainly overwatering). Pot should be at least 80% dry. That is why it's best to do the pot weight test before watering if you are not an experienced grower. Constantly waterlogged roots are a no no......

hi Weaselcracker , im not sure is these soil is mixed (given by friend , no bags..) ,

when the first time i found that could be the nute burn , the older leaves are getting yellow on the tips and edges.
i changed the soil, and seems the newer leaves is not burning anymore, i assume this soil is clean (at least won't get me nuteburn)

those pics you see on my latest reply to the thread , the yellows on the new leaves are not spreading also they are not getting worse for like 5days maybe, and the newer leaves are keep growing , getting bigger than the older leaves .
i thought the plant got over with nuteburn.
then this morning , their are drooping (but the burned tips are still curling up )
S_4775968.jpg

photo taken few days ago
S_4775967.jpg

if this soil still get me nuteburn , then i will try to get some clean soil later , its not too good to replace the soil twice in 2 weeks right?

hi EARTHWALKER
water in 7.8 , water out 7.6, the PH of the soil is around 7~ 5.8 , mostly when i put the tester into deep level or bottom , get me 5.8~6 .
but pull to upper level , they are 6 ~ 7. average should be 6.6

do i need to adjust it?

Back
Top Bottom