Simple closet grow with CFLs

Runamuck

Want to start with autos Ak48 and Lemon haze og kush ,short rider,blue mystic 1 of each in a 3.5 x 2.5x 4 space. Wanted know if its to much.

I'm going to give a try. Already got them going with 8 23 watt cfls, all have sprouted and looking good but the blue mystic it has the seed pod covering the top. Any advise on how to remove it or will it fall off.

Thanks I will get it a try.

I like to hit them with a spray of water,,, leave or put the humidity dome on. See if that gets it,, if not, I use two tooth picks to carefully remove it. Most come off by themselves,, sometimes they need help, good luck

That space with four plants will be tight, but do able. Good luck!

If you're going to try to do all of those plants at once, you may want to look into different lighting. Even if you have 4 bulbs/plant, that's 16 bulbs. Then it would be best to get veg spectrum (6500K) and flowering spectrum (2700K) bulbs. It adds up, so it may be worth looking into other lighting, but it is completely possible with CFLs.

The space shouldn't be an issue though, they should all fit.

So what lights would you use, trying to avoid to much heat. Next time I will go with 2 plants instead of 4, but already germ.

It depends on what your price range is, and whatever heat issues can be solved with ventilation. CFLs are good for low heat, but they still do get warm. LEDs are a good option too, and some of them are pretty affordable. The cheaper ones get hotter though, is what I've heard. Or you can go with a metal halide/high pressure sodium light, but that's going to get the hottest.

Back
Top Bottom