quick question regarding smell/carbon filter

kimchikush

Ok, im using incense to test the scrubber.
phresh filter 200 cfm
i can smell the incense slightly from the end of my exhaust vent port.
my questions are... Is the smell of incense stronger than mature flowers?
is the carbon filter suppose to be killing all smell of incense if i were to be testing?
im just concerned later on my flowers might smell because i live in an apartment.
cheers~

I think the incense is stronger than the smell of growing cannabis. The incense is a smoke, which transports oils and sticks to the filter, which is what you are smelling when you smell the filter. The smell of cannabis is just the scent of the oil that is on the plant, so the filter doesn't have to do as much work to cut the smell, but it has to be running constantly or the smell will come back quickly because the plants are always putting off that smell, so you always want to be filtering it. Hope that made sense!

Mmm i don't think carbon filters remove all the smell but a very large part of it.

Had some minor issues with a strain which was pretty loud even in late flowering whilst using a carbon filter... but all what was done was to back it up with odor removing gels etc placed around the house, don't use em in ya grow tent/space as they may taint the bud !

So smell/oodor may be all very strain related.

Great replies guys~ i had always imagined the scrubber would clean all scents but i imagined wrong. ;)

@Fuzzy Duck
Wow great that you mentioned the ona, i was about to buy some ona at the hydro store

Back
Top Bottom