Is it ready?

Tsilo

Hi is it time to harvest?
My plants started to drop seeds donnow why i had 1 hermaprodit but i removed balls and theres no signs of bananas so why should it produce seeds? some say stress may be a factor and this plant had lots of stress any other ideas?
and should i harvest since it's dropping seeds. it's been in flowering stage for month and 2-3 weeks
IMG_20160616_243941739_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160616_243935130.jpg
IMG_20160616_243929027.jpg
IMG_20160616_243921126.jpg

Stress factors make hermies, thats a fact, bad genetic might be the cause too.
You have removed male orgams but the damage was already done.
And some balls might be hidden under your buds or between them and youll see them when you harvet.
As for harvesting, no, its too soon, but you have to check with a magnifier.
Good luck :)

cfl lights worm, is bagseeds unknown strain. i'll check for balls but i havn't seen one yet :D
whats estimate time for harvest?

Looks like another month to me. Sorry your plants got knocked up. Check the seeds, tho. Are they kinda brown (mature)? If so, you can grow the next batch from them and will know what to watch for. White seeds that fall from the plants are immature and won't sprout.

I'm assuming your talking about the hairs on the bud. Some strains never get brown. Some brown early. That's a general rule from old school times. Now people check trichomes under magnification. If the trichomes ate all milky with a few ambers it ready to go.

Assuming you have the young eyes to SEE the tics under a loupe. I can't see the difference between cloudy and clear under the loupe anymore, so I am back to Old School.

You'll have to go on what you like. Early harvest means more of a head trippy high. Later harvest, like 90% brown pistils is more of a body high or couch lock.

But mistaSmoka is correct. I had an OGK mother who kept making new white hairs 100 days into flower, so she never DID get to 90%. I finally had to call it good and cut her anyway.

However, if this were in MY grow, I would give her another couple weeks. I judge it 50% brown. What we see with our eyes depends on what we WANT to see. What the camera sees is what's really there. So taking a pic is another good way to judge, if you cant figure out the trics.

1 plant is making lots of seeds and it's not even ready it has lots of branches and pistils turning light brownish color is it spoiled?
can i somehow help it develop?
I'll post pictures lately

Are the seeds matured? Or just white and break in your fingers? The green in your pic is awfully dark might have to much nitrogen. Too much nitrogen can cause problems with infection and disease during the plants life. Plus useable seeds will be feminized.

Friendly Neighborhood Pit Viper

Tsilo: If you're wanting viable seed, don't harvest too early. In fact, seeds mature better if left on the plant until the branch dries up, just like in nature (with flowering plants that make seeds in autumn). Making seed requires a LOT from the plant, and you just have to give her time.

I hope this was an intentional pollenation and the rest of your crop is unpollenated.

IMG_20160625_033619752.jpg
IMG_20160625_033532760.jpg
IMG_20160625_033521847.jpg

thoes plant is aking lots of seed and has lots of branches and one branch is kinda yellowish in this pic how can i help it develop?

Yup, the seed production is coming along. In regular flowering plants, any branch or stem that is producing seed is going to grow yellow and eventually die. I have not produced seed from MJ yet, but plenty from marigolds and other ornamental flowers. Still waiting to see if I was successful with pollinating a branch on one of my own Indicas.

If you have any unpollinated buds on those yellow branches, I would harvest those so more energy can go to the seeds.

Just remember when you do harvest your seeds they will be like a clear jelly on the inside. They are meant to dry and cure over the winter to germinate in the spring. Your seeds won't be ready straight out the plant. If you plant then they will probably not sprout at all unless you give them their time. Think of nature and how the seasons work. Also real of thumb on seeds is a minimum of 8 weeks for them to be ready.

I have 5 cfl on mine. But not the lamp ones that everyone talks about mine are the size of my calf and are 125watts in one and the other 4 are 250watts. PAR for flowering and all. But the lumens are 12,000 each. Apollo horticulture for example has them. Many others do too. You don't want coils but the ones with U shaped light bars, self ballast also.

Back
Top Bottom