Trimming your plants

terry batch

Hi

ive just trimmed up my plants before i change to 12/12. ive taken a good amount for cuttings and just to let the top heads have maximum force.

ive never done this before, has anyone got any views on if this better or worse for yield..

im growing power plant on hydro slabs..

thanx

I would never trim unless the leaves are dead or close to it. Topping is acceptable, but as far as trimming fan leaves, no way Jose!

There's many here who might disagree only because the leaves you probably trimmed are considered the powerhouses for photosynthesis of the plant. I trimmed only 1 leaf from the base on both bagseed plants in order to increase the light for a few select buds. Let us know how it turns out. ;-)

got any pics???

I would never trim unless the leaves are dead or close to it. Topping is acceptable, but as far as trimming fan leaves, no way Jose!
It really depends on how you trim Dread. Openiing up the canopy and allowing air flow throughout a plant can sometimes be neccessary, healthier as well as a great way to collect clones. Trimming just to trim isn't recommended but if you've ever grown a scrog you would understand how trimming can help and hurt.

Wish I would've read this thread first before I went and starting pruning.So cutting dead leaves and tops is recommended?I didn't think the fan leaf was that important,thought I could get rid of to get more light do other tops growing up.Hope my kiddies pull thru this,lol
Link below is to my killer pruning job.I hope not literally "KILLER".
:bong:
Check Post #42

Trailer Trash Farm

Well 3 of them have not took it as well as the others.. nightmare !!

The others look nice..

a couple of crap pics . ill get some better pics 2nite..

STA70268.JPG

STA70275.JPG

Wish I would've read this thread first before I went and starting pruning.So cutting dead leaves and tops is recommended?I didn't think the fan leaf was that important,thought I could get rid of to get more light do other tops growing up.Hope my kiddies pull thru this,lol
Link below is to my killer pruning job.I hope not literally "KILLER".
:bong:
Check Post #42

Trailer Trash Farm

I'm sorry to say, but that was not a good move bro. :thedoubletake:

Trimming needs to have a purpose behind it (topping, FIM, etc.) you don't trim just for the sake of trimming. Also, you have trimmed off leaves and left entire braches with no foliage left on them. This is a huge "no-no" when trimming. These braches will now become necrotic, die and fall off. All of the plants energy will go towards repair and they will not devote energy to flowering which means overall diminished yeild and potency.

Live and learn from your mistakes. Honestly, you were doing great until you decided to cut. :peace:

When growing Scrog like Racefan said its acceptable to cut lower leaves....But dont do it for no reason. If they arent dead then leave them be. Cutting off a couple leaves to get more light to a couple good bud sites is ok too, but dont trim unless you have a purpose and know how your affecting your plant. NEVER cut off all your fan leaves.

It really depends on how you trim Dread. Openiing up the canopy and allowing air flow throughout a plant can sometimes be neccessary, healthier as well as a great way to collect clones. Trimming just to trim isn't recommended but if you've ever grown a scrog you would understand how trimming can help and hurt.

Yeah I get what your saying, If its getting to bushy and crowded underneath it can be to the detriment to the plant and a trim is in order. Of course its pointless to have growth going un-trimmed under the canopy of scrog plants, I was just saying I would never just trim off leaves under normal circumstances...
I was trying to let terry know that trimming off alot of leaves to allow more top growth is not correct logic.
Thanks for watching out for me though RF. I appreciate your politeness as well!! :smokin:

Thanks for the replys, its always good to hear other peoples views.

i hav'nt trimmed them up for no reason, ive taken clones from the lower branches and just cleared up space.
i always nip a few leaves if they need to go, if not i leave them. to be honest they are looking nice and have taken well to the trimming.
i think its done them some good.. so maybe if you hack the life out them then yeah i would say its a bad idea. but by just keeping them nice and trim u can benefit out of it.. only time will tell. ill keep ya's posted..

ill get some pics up soon..

cheers

Back
Top Bottom