LED lighting

420inOregon

Does anyone know anything about these LED I want to know can you veg and flower with these

450 LED Hydroponic Grow Light 2 Panels = 28w QUAD-BAND

28 watts is very light duty. You might do well with orchids but you will not do as well with light hungry cannabis.

thanks dont know anything about them i use a 1000 watter myself. just thinking outside the box.I thought the whole idea was getting away from the lite bill. I would be better off making wind mills LOL

I've seen/heard mixed results; If used in conjunction with CFL (or some other supplemental lighting), they can be somewhat effective but the main problem with the LED's is their footprint, which is extremely limited. You almost need one panel per medium-sized plant in the same sq. ft. you could use a single 600w/1000w.

LED's could be handy where vertical space, poor ventilation and/or excessive ambient heat (any or all of the above) are factors but as far as the light bill vs. yield, not so sure...

28 watt panels of .25watt LEDs will not grow anything other than basil and they will have a hard time doing that. These are at best a way to add a couple of week wavelengths to your grow and they need to be super close to your plant.

Actually, I use 28 watt LED's to grow basil specifically and they work extremely well. Don't know what current they're running at but I suspect it's quite low. I've had to raise the light several times and with a nice simple solution, the basil grows enough that I'm making a big batch of fresh pesto every week. 28 watt LED's are more than enough for basil and many other herbs and they don't need to be real close. Mine are currently about 15" above the basic plant tops.

They won't however be strong enough to do much with cannabis beyond the seedling stage. They do work well for seedlings as you can get them very close with virtually no heat and provide a decent red/blue spectrum.

This has been my real world experience.

Photo_May_02_9_32_06_PM.jpg

Hello fellow growers, I bought in to the L.E.D. Hype. I'm back to cfl's and the results are MUCH better. save your money cuz these baby's are expensive! I am using my L.E.D. for my clones and it's working. but not worth the 500.00 dollar price tag! Calipho is right about the footprint too. Again friends save your money.

I humbly disagree with your assesment of LED lights. I have a small grow going right now. They have been under only LED`s. I am amazed at thier growth. I don`t see how any other light source could do better. This is my first indoor grow, but I have a couple outdoor ones to my credit. These plants are going to yield much more than my outdoor ones.
Granted LED`s cost more upfront but they last several times longer, use far less electricty, & IMO do just as good a job. I believe in LED lighting.

Yooper rex does you have any pictures to prove your theory? I have a few close friends that have used led, and not the cheap ones either! And they dont rate them down 2 there price, yeild production and few other moans. I have thought.. And thought.. And thought about trying out leds, but due 2 my exeriance, bad habits, and just the fear of fuc##ng up puts me off!!!! I could go on all day, which i prob will end up doing one day if i decide 2 indulge myself in growing with them. Be good see some pics, updates of your led setup? Peace and bud

Yooper rex does you have any pictures to prove your theory? I have a few close friends that have used led, and not the cheap ones either! And they dont rate them down 2 there price, yeild production and few other moans. I have thought.. And thought.. And thought about trying out leds, but due 2 my exeriance, bad habits, and just the fear of fuc##ng up puts me off!!!! I could go on all day, which i prob will end up doing one day if i decide 2 indulge myself in growing with them. Be good see some pics, updates of your led setup? Peace and bud

Organic86---I was leery as hell about spending the big bucks for LED`s. I combed through many grow journals on this site & others. SteveHman has several here. Others too. I did keep an informal journal on my grow. Started on 12-20-11 until present. Also took pictures several times. My problem is I,m new to computers. Trying to figure out this thing is very frustrating at times. I just got a printer, now I have to figure out to get my pictures from my camera to my computer. Looks like I`ll be reading my books ( The Complete Idiots Guide to Windows 7 & Windows 7 for Seniors). Hopefully I can figure it out. I have never used any other light source. I don`t see how MH or HID can do any better. I`ll try my best to make it work. My harvest is a week or so away.
PEACE & HAPPY GROWING

At this point in the game, anyone who thinks LEDs cannot produce is simply stubborn and uninformed. There are literally hundreds of successful grows on this forum and many others all over the net. There are a few draw backs to LEDs. There are also a few bonuses. The upfront cost is the largest factor for most people. They do not have the large coverage area the HID lighting has. They require different plant care then people are used to with HID and or sunlight. They use less water and nutes. They produce much lower amounts of heat in confined areas. Quality lights produce higher quality buds (according to many, no real scientific data to date). It would appear that too many people got ripped off by 1) doing too little research 2) Re-sellers and manufactures straight up lying about their product. It leaves a bad taste in their mouths and that is likely the case with Kamaka. If you are willing to spend the money on setting up a grow correctly, be willing to spend the time to know what a correct setup is. All of the information you need is here on these forums. There is even links to information and sites that can teach you how to do everything yourself from making your tent, coolers, res coolers, filters, lights, and how the growth process occurs and why plants need the light and nutes they need. Knowledge is power, the search function is might.

Beautiful GIRLS. I`ll see if I can make mine post

Beautiful GIRLS. I`ll see if I can make mine post

Thanks Rex

If you click on gallery up top > then click on upload photos on the right > then scroll down till you see browse and click it > now find the image you want to upload on your computer and click on it and choose open > then scroll down and hit the upload button.

After the upload you may be asked to process the entry (sometimes I am asked sometimes not) just hit process unless you want to fill in information.

Then when you make a post click on the icon of a camera and your shots will pop up, choose one and it will put the link in for you.

BS---- Thanks for the info. Will try to put it to good use.

Hi Buck,
What Led was used for these ladies?They seem to like it.
Which strains are they?
I am undecided on LED or HPS for flowering in a 5 X 5 area.
Thanks SB

SB

I have two types of LED panels I can't talk about two of my panels nor would I want to as the vendor is hostile and banned from this forum. I can and will comment on my newest light ... it has made S2 Girl (hash bud plant) twice the plant S Girl was ... ... that is this light
Green Lights - LED Grow Lights - Adjusta-Clusta 432-X-4G
I love the way I can tilt the clusters as my girls change so do they. I have a variety of plants all do well under LED

I too have been reading about LED,s . I have been growing indoors for the last six years, started with HID but for heat reasons went to 250 w CFL,s .. They work well for me as I grow only for myself so I dont need huge yields. I Bloom four plants in a 24" by 36" space and get around 2 to 2 1/2 oz dry. Works for me.But I was wondering if LED I could do any better ? Humm ....

Back
Top Bottom