HEPA Intake Filter

Aqua Lab Tech

Everybody should be using a HEPA Intake filter to help keep there grow environment free of Mold and other Contaminents.

If you are planning on making Hash from you Trim, you should be using a HEPA intake filter to make your Hash better quality.

Organic Air Filter & Purifiers

Aqua Lab Tech

I have one, and I will tell you you will need a heavy duty fan to pull in air. Then you have to balance the pressure from the intake and exhaust. I found that pre-filtering your air through a normal home AC filter works very well with minimal effect on intake pressure. The biggest culprit of contamination in my house? Dog Hair. :) So the intake filter is a must.

But it would be nice to know that pollen and small bugs would get filtered out before they got into your grow environment.

im with you on this racefan, but they look great.

I was thinking of a HEPA intake filter.. Honestly though I was thinking of a Sears $25 vacuum filter. It's a HEPA. There are various sizes and shapes. I knew it would put more demand on my exhaust fan, but since it's already twice as powerful as needed for size of cab I might be able to get away with it..

i installed an 8" Organic Hepa two weeks ago but did not like the air inflow.

removed the hepa and airflow increased at least 3-4 fold. they are terribly restrictive. so i've installed a high quality furnace filter until i can resolve this.

looking for advise........thanks, Lucy

the hepa filters require a strong fan for the flow to pic up. it says it on the box on how effecient compared to the fans cfm's
i was just about to install a 6" organic air hepa filter to my intake but i realized that if i put it before the fan i can make it go to both rooms but it makes it hard to take off to clean. for the intake, can i put it after the fan or does it creat 2 many problems? i was going to use the 6" but im thinking of getting a 4" so i can use a smaller fan. does anyone know what diffrence the sizes make.

I tried the HEPA filters but I found that they cut the intake by as much as 70-80% in my estimation. Very frustrating when i built my rooms as they are expensive.

So, i use Filtrete filters that i cut to size and had filter boxes built.

Luce

what size fan and filter were you using? i know it does this but they are reusable and i grow organically and don't want anything to get into my room and i want to be green about the whole thing. do you know what cfm's are needed for the intake fan for a grow room to be suffecient. i was mainly looking to cool the room plus give it co2.

i installed an 8" Organic Hepa two weeks ago but did not like the air inflow.

removed the hepa and airflow increased at least 3-4 fold. they are terribly restrictive. so i've installed a high quality furnace filter until i can resolve this.

looking for advise........thanks, Lucy

Google Tri-Dim filter corp.

I learned about them in the hospital years ago and have been using them ever since.

They manufacture everything from HEPA on down and have a guide for each class of filter.

What I use is less than a HEPA, but far beyond a furnace filter.

DD

Moaky... I followed their design using a 6" on 8" pipe and a 4" filter on six inch.

Droopy.... what kind of filters do you use?

Moaky... I followed their design using a 6" on 8" pipe and a 4" filter on six inch.

Droopy.... what kind of filters do you use?

I've looked all over for exactly what I have and can't find the info.:sorry:

They are panels, not the pleated ones, I just can't find where on their scale they are, or rather the class of what mine are.

They do custom sizes since my system takes an odd size and they made them to fit. Much easier than cutting/shaping store bought to sorta work.

They aren't exactly cheap @ 6=$7/filter, but they last a good 3 months and are cheaper in the long run.

I'll need to order again this summer, but a case (12) has lasted me from 2007.

DD

Back
Top Bottom