HTG Grow Bright lamps

cutty

has anyone ever used these lights? I have a 400w system that came w/ a MH conversion lamp and a HPS lamp. I got about 2 1/2 weeks out of the MH bulb and hell, about 4 days out of the HPS bulb! I noticed that the light would come on but not fully charge, it took all of about 2 hours one morning to get to its max. Thats when i decided to put the HPS bulb in and see if it was infact the MH bulb and not anything else...well sure as anything, the HPS lite right up and worked well until a few days later. Now, Im no professional but i think that sucks. Both bulbs came with the system but if I had known that they were so cheap, I would have picked another bulb. So I guess my question is multifold...
1.Have any of you had the same experience and is it in fact due to a cheaply made bulb?
2. Which bulbs do you suggest?

i would like to get a MH and a HPS bulb, Im vegging right now. I would really like to flower w/ the HPS.
Thanks

Re: HTG Grow Bright lamps...

has anyone ever used these lights? I have a 400w system that came w/ a MH conversion lamp and a HPS lamp. I got about 2 1/2 weeks out of the MH bulb and hell, about 4 days out of the HPS bulb! I noticed that the light would come on but not fully charge, it took all of about 2 hours one morning to get to its max. Thats when i decided to put the HPS bulb in and see if it was infact the MH bulb and not anything else...well sure as anything, the HPS lite right up and worked well until a few days later. Now, Im no professional but i think that sucks. Both bulbs came with the system but if I had known that they were so cheap, I would have picked another bulb. So I guess my question is multifold...
1.Have any of you had the same experience and is it in fact due to a cheaply made bulb?
2. Which bulbs do you suggest?

i would like to get a MH and a HPS bulb, Im vegging right now. I would really like to flower w/ the HPS.
Thanks

Personally if it did it with both bulbs then I would suspect the ballast as faulty over the bulbs.

got a dual bulb sys from htg a while ago more than a year and have had no problems with either bulbs or ballast HPS was growbright MH agromax

HPS just went bad recently but i got 3 or 4 flowercycles from it and i handled it badly handled it hot/warm & rough handling so i think i got my $'
s worth

iof both bulbs went that fast it make me wonder about your ballast or powerlines sometimes i run extra grounds to the cold water pipes and go to the ground on important outlets with bell wire just to make sure of good grounds especially with electronics and digital goodies and wet floors in cellar
if the ballast and bulb weren't bad i'd suspect grounding problems for
mysterious electrical faults that come and go and don't make sense

there is a reason for the that but i don't remember the physics for it but its sort of like gravity built in and necessary and part of our electromagnetic world

thanks for the tips fellas, HTG did me justice in the end. I told them my situation and they sent me replacement bulbs and paid for shipping the old ones back but by that time I had purchased the Hortilux bulb and havent had a problem since. My understanding is that shipping these bulbs can tricky due to the fact that they have to be truely "handled with care" and sometimes they arent.

thanks again...:peace:

Grow Bright Sucks.

Yeah, everything they make is on the cheap end and you get what you pay for. That's life, move on.

I bought a couple of lights (what can go wrong?, nothing) fans, etc, again cheap stuff that does the job okay.

In particular, I bought what I was sold to be a very workable thermometer/hydrometer. I'm a reasonably bright guy but I've spent hours with the instructions and I can't understand them.

As I said, I try not to begrudge anybody $30 or whatever it cost, buy Grow Bright is a low end outfit selling low end junk. Do youself a favor, pay a few bucks more, buy a quality product (the instuctions ARE a part of the product).

Back
Top Bottom