Greetings from Doc Jutty

Doc Jutty

Hi all,

Doc Jutty here. Just a 50 something guy who has interests in the cannabis awareness. I am pretty funny when you get to know me, and have some good ideas sometimes. Easy to talk to, Well liked and respected in my community. Not sure what else to write... time will tell. Once I get going, I cant shut up! Ha. Thanks all.

Doc

I am stuck in research mode. I am not getting a darn thing done as I just keep researching led grow lights, tents , etc. Going pretty deep here and have not came to any conclusions yet. I just hope I am not going to be stuck in research mode forever. I have been reading bible after bible, grow forum after grow forum . Product after product. I have way too much info in my head and probably need to start making some decisions. Why I do this to myself is beyond me. I want to start growing so bad, but I jsut want to do everything right. Hopefully I will be able to post my progress as time goes on! I am going to invest some serious $ into my tools so to speak and I will have success. I am going to sort it all out hopefully be the end of the week and have a list of what I want to get...

Doc, follow the KISS principle: Keep it simple, silly.
Decide on a light, what kind do you want vs What do you need vs what can you afford.
What wattage? HID, HPS, LED or HO T5 Fluorescent.
Move on to the next.
What type of grow will it be? EBB & Flow, Bubble buckets, soil??
Write these things down and eliminate them one by one and then come back here and see where people are ordering their stuff from. I ordered almost everything from Amazon.

Hey Mike,I need to do this! KISS! I want at least a 600 watt or better LED setup, bubble buckets in a tent, looking into CO2 setup, reading reviews about exhale but on the fence still there. Looking into the fastefarm system of buckets. Downloaded a bunch of grow bibles, getting info where ever I can. Got scared away from getting a chloroba C2 led, Cant find a tent with my height requirements. my basement is stacked stone with a dirt floor (really old house), I have a small area in the basement about 10 deep, by 7 wide and about 6 feet 2 inches max high. I found some places to get seeds, but waiting until last to do that. still learning about ventilation for the LED tent, also humidity, timers, temperatures, etc. I can say I have been learning a lot, I want my grow to be successful. I want to start piecing things together fairly quick. My daughter is depending on it medically. I have been reading about SCROG and SOG techniques. Then I am finding that more plants are not necessarily better to have then less plants? Growing issues? I have been to china several times and I work in the LED industry for a company that sells flashlights but the grow lights are a whole different ballgame. I know what they cost and am finding some of the LED grow lights rather ridiculously priced. There is a hydroponics shop about 35 miles away, Went in a looked around but wasnt impressed with thier prices and then friended them on FB and found that they are friends with all the city police agencies so that kind of scared me a little! lol. been reading ryan rileys book, bob bergman's books online, absorbing it all. probably going to try growing white widow first. Looking into getting the ph meters and timers, etc etc. I wes talking to the people at supercloset and asked them how successful some weed grows were and they got pissed! ha. (newbie mistakes!) Slowly but surely I will figure it out. I am finding a WEALTH of information on here! so far it has helped me the most! great threads and topics. I will find my jumping off point soon. I appreciate everything and all of your comments!

:welcome::peace:Welcome Doc Jutty, like you I joined a couple of daze ago and have been researching hydroponics for the past 3 months. I'm on newbie mod for the next three months or so (need a better place to start my Garden of Eden). It looks like when you start your grow journal a lot of smart growers will jump in and help (thank God). Good luck and please send me a invite when your ready to start. Your a good dad to try and help your daughter. Also, the first time I visited a hydro store...yep! I said how I was looking forward to growing my own marijuana, Wow if looks could kill, won't make that mistake again. They need to start the "Over The Hill Gang" members thread. Welcome.

Hey Doc,

I know exactly where you're coming from and I've been there. I kind of cheated because I bought a hydro cabinet but even with that it takes some time, love, patience and hard work! I'm sure you'll do fine once you make a decision and get started. But don't panic! You'll be fine and greatest of luck to you!

Just bought a 560 watt LED grow light. Building the basement grow room soon. Got it all drawn up. need to get some smaller lights for the clones and the veg room. little by little, I will get it going! Grow room is going to be 7 x 10 by 6 high. multiply those numbers...lol. I did when I was figuring out Cubic feet...

:lot-o-toke:Hey Doc Jutty, looks like your grow journal will be way ahead of mine. You can let me know by posting here and that way I will see it and jump over to your brand new grow (GOOSE BUMPS). Also, since you say you like to go on and on, just start with "Once Upon A Time" Lol

:welcome: to :420: Doc. It looks like you have things planned well. I have a few links that might help.

For growing this is a good link How to Grow Marijuana

And photos are always nice for a journal Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Speaking of journals How to Make a Grow Journal

For medical issues we have this MEDICAL MARIJUANA

For legal and activist things 420 LEGAL ACTION

And a FAQ to help with general things Frequently Asked Questions

If you have any questions feel free to ask as we have a lot of wonderful people with a lot of knowledge that are willing to help.

:peace: :Namaste:

Thanks colorado Kid! I will be looking into this! I am still studying a LOT, and finding tons of information. I am finding a lot of differed opinions on dos an donts too! Some say do some say dont... ha. What a wealth of information that you sent! Thank you so much man! It will give me more reading this evening!

:Namaste:

That is great to know Colorado! Been reading a lot of stuff tonight. I am guessing that I should ditch my richie rich idea hydro laboratory setup for now and just get some good soil, nutes, and build a small grow closet. I got the monster of an led light coming though. I am thinking of getting seeds that someone recommended from canada. I am thinking of ordering and trying white widow feminized? I am leaning toward an autoflower to monkey around with also. I will slap something together for my first grow and see where that takes me by using my notes and what I have learned so far. Probably start with 2 main plants, play around a little and see where that gets me. maybe plant like 10 seeds and see what ones turn into females. good call on the buying into myths and wasting money. Itching to get my feet wet! ha.

That is great to know Colorado! Been reading a lot of stuff tonight. I am guessing that I should ditch my richie rich idea hydro laboratory setup for now and just get some good soil, nutes, and build a small grow closet. I got the monster of an led light coming though. I am thinking of getting seeds that someone recommended from canada. I am thinking of ordering and trying white widow feminized? I am leaning toward an autoflower to monkey around with also. I will slap something together for my first grow and see where that takes me by using my notes and what I have learned so far. Probably start with 2 main plants, play around a little and see where that gets me. maybe plant like 10 seeds and see what ones turn into females. good call on the buying into myths and wasting money. Itching to get my feet wet! ha.

Hi again Doc. I started with hydro and lots of expensive equipment. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I slowly evolved to a simple dirt farmer. I have to say that hydro is great for some people. Different strokes for different folks I guess. My hydro grew wonderful plants but required a ton of measurements, constant watch for problems that could ruin my girls in nothing flat, etc. Now I grow in smartpots with dirt and organic nuts. The reason I chose this particular path is that the organic nutes balance out the ph in my soil naturally. The organic nutes grow excellent cannabis as well as the hydro did. Soil is more forgiving on mistakes that I make. Meaning that I have more time to correct the problem without my girls dying fast. Some quality organic ferts are Earth Juice and Age Old.

I think you will love white widow fems. An excellent choice my friend. You mentioned autoflowers and I personally prefer autoflowers. Actually I have 4 autos that just popped up. One of which is a white widow. And also a seed that had been hiding from me for a year or so. I was shocked to see it pop. It had been lying around the house in the heat and dry conditions for a very long time. I thought that it was probably dead but soaked it anyway. Dang if it didn't pop. :yikes: I have no idea what it is. Which strain, regular or femed, photoperiod or auto, all mystries to me. I have grown a bit of everything. So it will be fun to see what the heck it turns out to be. :slide:

It looks like you have a good handle on getting things going now. I am sure that you will do great my friend. Just remember to relax and have fun with it. Your girls can pick up stress vibes, so stay relaxed and ask on here if you have any questions or concerns about what to do. :thumb:

Light came today. Holy crapola is that bright. I better get some of those fancy sunglasses. Gotta start building the closet / room now. Colorado, where do you reccomend that I get some white widow fems? Should I start with autoflower WWF? Hitting the lumber yard soon! I figure I am going to insulate the hell out of it because my basement is damp and creepy. Lots of big spiders and a big snake has been living down there for quite a few years ( I find his sheds every now and then). Probably all 2 x 4 construction, 7 x 10 by the most height I have is like 6 feet high inside. Gonna put tarpaper on the layer between the studs and insulation outside then cal it off with some chip board. then a layer of that silvery foam board. the inside will be finished with chip board, and sealed, and the orca flm on top of that. Before that After I am done framing it, I am going to put a bunch of outlets and it's own circuit to the breaker box. I also have a little extra line, so that I can run some plumbing in there with an RO filter. I need enough outlets to power a heater, a dehumidifier, a humidifier, fans exhaust and intake, timers, for the lights and co2, I may go as far as finding a environmental controller that will keep it the right humidity and temps if there is such a thing. I also looked into the small room A/C - heater - dehumidifier all in one things. Which I suppose would be the better route to go. easier to control 1 unit instead of multiple. Been researching grow bags too. What size would I need for 3 or 4 plants? I feel I can pull of 4 flowering in that space. try a scrog setup. thinkin thinkin thinkin....

Back
Top Bottom