Greetings from Doc Jutty

Nice Doc, I also got my light a few days ago. It was like Christmas when I was a kid just waiting for it to arrive. I am bug bombing my basement this weekend. Cannot really have the bug guy coming into spray. I have two tents, a small 3x2x5 and a 4x4x7 grow tent. I find the larger one is very comfortable for 4 plants in 3/5 gallon buckets. By the time you add the fan, humidifier, heater, water and other stuff, it can get a bit tight. If it got too tight I could make an effort to put a shelf in. I also do home brewing/distilling so it gives me enough room for my fermentation bucket, booze and extra CO2 and everyone is happy.

Light came today. Holy crapola is that bright. I better get some of those fancy sunglasses. Gotta start building the closet / room now. Colorado, where do you reccomend that I get some white widow fems? Should I start with autoflower WWF? Hitting the lumber yard soon! I figure I am going to insulate the hell out of it because my basement is damp and creepy. Lots of big spiders and a big snake has been living down there for quite a few years ( I find his sheds every now and then). Probably all 2 x 4 construction, 7 x 10 by the most height I have is like 6 feet high inside. Gonna put tarpaper on the layer between the studs and insulation outside then cal it off with some chip board. then a layer of that silvery foam board. the inside will be finished with chip board, and sealed, and the orca flm on top of that. Before that After I am done framing it, I am going to put a bunch of outlets and it's own circuit to the breaker box. I also have a little extra line, so that I can run some plumbing in there with an RO filter. I need enough outlets to power a heater, a dehumidifier, a humidifier, fans exhaust and intake, timers, for the lights and co2, I may go as far as finding a environmental controller that will keep it the right humidity and temps if there is such a thing. I also looked into the small room A/C - heater - dehumidifier all in one things. Which I suppose would be the better route to go. easier to control 1 unit instead of multiple. Been researching grow bags too. What size would I need for 3 or 4 plants? I feel I can pull of 4 flowering in that space. try a scrog setup. thinkin thinkin thinkin....

Hi there Doc. We have several very good sponsors here Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ® that sell good seeds. It just depends on what you are shooting for in terms of yield and growing restrictions. The regular white widows are bigger than the autos. But I find the autos a bit easier to grow because of less need to have complete dark for 12 hours. Both produce very good smoke. The autos grow a bit smaller and finish a little faster I believe. 4 flowering plants will be good in your space. I would go with 3 to 5 gal pots. I use smartpots and love them. I just got done washing my smartpots up getting ready to repot my new girls. Your room sounds like it is going to be great! :bravo: :goodjob:

I don't like spiders and snakes. And that ain't what it takes..... :rofl:

Try to make sure the snake and spiders don't take up residence in your grow room. :high-five: :Namaste:

cool, checking pout the seed banks! Lots of great stuff! definitely buying from one of them! Hell I may even try it when I grow some. Been many many years! :blunt::blunt::blunt:

Roger that Billyjack! :thumb: Glad to know that there is some great guidance on these forums! Sticking with the WW Auto feminized.

Bud noob...it is'nt the first time I heard that but I am a man of many names. :riskybusiness: Due to my stealthiness, I picked a nickname in memory of a dear departed friend. Left us too soon. He was the one who always had the ganja when we were teenagers, back in the day at music festivals, we would wear scrubs. He was a genius, and I am sure he would help me build a grow room. That guy was building robots (that worked) when we were like 13. I was Doctor_______ that rhymed with Jekyll. :)

That is great to know Colorado! Been reading a lot of stuff tonight. I am guessing that I should ditch my richie rich idea hydro laboratory setup for now and just get some good soil, nutes, and build a small grow closet. I got the monster of an led light coming though. I am thinking of getting seeds that someone recommended from canada. I am thinking of ordering and trying white widow feminized? I am leaning toward an autoflower to monkey around with also. I will slap something together for my first grow and see where that takes me by using my notes and what I have learned so far. Probably start with 2 main plants, play around a little and see where that gets me. maybe plant like 10 seeds and see what ones turn into females. good call on the buying into myths and wasting money. Itching to get my feet wet! ha.

Soil gives you mother nature as a co-pilot. She forgives a bit more. Just my 2 cents

A small grow room
IMG_127718.JPG
IMG_127719.JPG
IMG_128018.JPG
IMG_128118.JPG
IMG_128317.JPG
IMG_128419.JPG
IMG_128516.JPG

Welcome fellow grower

almost a year later... I am back in the saddle! Many things have transpired over the last year and I finally got a grow going that I started in January. Another board had my join, but I am not digging it. I am glad to be a part of this community!

:welcome: Doc Jutty to the number 1 site on the web for cannabis awareness!
This is probably like a year late. lol
Hope all is well in your world.
If you intend to grow, I recommend starting a grow journal so our most experienced growers can find and assist you!
Here are some links that may be of assistance to you:

New Member Start Links
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know
How to Resize, Upload, & Post Photos

There are other links below in my signature that you may also find useful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
We are truly grateful that you have joined us!
Greenest Regards,
:green_heart:

:Namaste:
Beateo

Back
Top Bottom