Which lights should i use?

SixoneSix

Hello everyone, i want to start growing indoor, i just want to know which lights are the best ?
Also im going to grow on soil i prefer it since the smell and aroma stay.
How much gram can one plant give ?
How many walts of light ? And which light ?
Have a blazed day (;

Re: Which lights should i use ?

Hi

for growing your plants from seed to roughly 18-20 inches (450-500mm) you can use fluorescent lights what you will have to do is change tubes so that you have a combination of warm and cool white to simulate daylight in the summer.

You can also use metal hallide for this again changing the lamps to cool and warm white. The quantity will depend on what size your room is.

For flowering (budding) you need to use Sox lighting (sodium) its the orangey type light. The quantity again will depend on the number of plants and size of room. I got good result from using 1 400W light for every 4 plants.

Indoors you will need extractor fans and intake fans also a circulating fan. for both rooms.

Ref yield,, the simple answer is how long is a piece of string ,,, most seed companies and seed banks give you a rough idea on grams per square meter.. I normally go on half what the say due to the variables that are involved in growing temperature moisture Ph levels Humidity etc etc.

Hope this helps

KiltyK

Hello everyone, i want to start growing indoor, i just want to know which lights are the best ?
Also im going to grow on soil i prefer it since the smell and aroma stay.
How much gram can one plant give ?
How many walts of light ? And which light ?
Have a blazed day (;

Welcome SixoneSix,
How many grams can 1 plant yield?
There is no one answer, there are many variables that contribute to or take away from overall yield.
How many watts of light?
For best results you will want as many watts/lumens per plant as you can get. Again, many variables to consider, type of light being one. If you can, LED is the hottest ticket on the market, they have a lower running temp and use less energy than other lights with the same output.
You also will need to take into account what your budget is. Visit as many grow journals as possible to see what others are using and the results they are getting. Good Luck.

Hi Sixonesix and welcome to :420: :welcome:

There are lots of different right answers. Mostly it depends on your own restrictions. What kind of space (closet, low ceiling, high ceiling, airflow), is it stealth, what is your budget, do you need to harvest 3 months after planting or can you wait 6?

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom