Hello all - help

Mustapha Dump

Hello new chap here, this is only the 2nd plant I've ever grown (I killed the first one in a super cropping incident) and things were going pretty well until I noticed it had went brown around the edges, mostly at the top. The buds lower down seem to be fine so I was wondering if someone could give me a diagnosis and recommendation of what to do. I've uploaded some crappy pictures (can do better ones if needed) my thinking is, either I try to bend over the damaged buds so they're level with the OK buds at the bottom, which might prove difficult or I just lop off the damaged ones and concentrate on OK ones?

The plant is around 5/6 weeks into flowering under LED and I am not sure what happened to it, I usually water it every day because for some reason my grow cupboard gets very dry and I wasn't able to water them for 1 day before this happened, they weren't too close to the lights and they didn't get much nutrients, there's a good chance I may have poisoned it with salt water (long story) and perhaps the salt dried the plant out making it more susceptible to heat/light damage I don't know.

Anyway if anyone can help me will be much appreciated.

Re: Hello all - heeeeeelllllp

:welcome: Mustapha Dump to the number 1 site on the web for cannabis awareness!
Hope all is well in your world.
Here are some links that may be of assistance to you:

New Member Start Links
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Grow Marijuana, Everything You Need to Know!
How to Resize, Upload, & Post Photos

There are other links below in my signature that you may also find useful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
We are truly grateful that you have joined us!

Greenest Regards, :green_heart: :Namaste:
Beateo

Hello new chap here, this is only the 2nd plant I've ever grown (I killed the first one in a super cropping incident) and things were going pretty well until I noticed it had went brown around the edges, mostly at the top. The buds lower down seem to be fine so I was wondering if someone could give me a diagnosis and recommendation of what to do. I've uploaded some crappy pictures (can do better ones if needed) my thinking is, either I try to bend over the damaged buds so they’re level with the OK buds at the bottom, which might prove difficult or I just lop off the damaged ones and concentrate on OK ones?

The plant is around 5/6 weeks into flowering under LED and I am not sure what happened to it, I usually water it every day because for some reason my grow cupboard gets very dry and I wasn't able to water them for 1 day before this happened, they weren't too close to the lights and they didn't get much nutrients, there’s a good chance I may have poisoned it with salt water (long story) and perhaps the salt dried the plant out making it more susceptible to heat/light damage I don’t know.

Anyway if anyone can help me will be much appreciated.

Ok hold on!!! Don't do anything crazy like lopping the top off when your that far into flower. It looks like you've got some lockout going on. When is the last time you flushed? If you watered with a ton of salt water you probably have a bad pH imbalance. What is your pH of the medium? Fill all these out if you can

How many plants? What Kind?
How old are they?
Indoor or outdoor?
How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated?
What medium/soil are you using?
Whats the size of the containers?
What's your lighting set up?
What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time?
What's your ph like, both medium and nutes?
Any pests around?
What is your watering schedule ..

Also, Welcome to the site :welcome:

Hello, thanks for replying, i did flush it out 3 days days ago then added nutrients the day after, but this was around 1 week after i noticed the problem. I will get you the rest of the information later as i am not near them right now. I'll try and get some better pictures as well

Welcome. I think you got a ph and ventilation issue.
I'd do as dan says and flush.
You over fed and over watered it appears.
Let dry out over watering is a common mistake to begin with. Also how hot is that room and what's the relative humidity? Like dan said more info would help.

How many plants? What Kind? 2 in this cupboard (which is for flowering, 2 in the veg cupboard. The one in question is a KC Brain Damage
How old are they? This one was planted in October I think
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated? 400 x 630 mm
What medium/soil are you using? Perlite mixed with all purpose compost
Whats the size of the containers? About 7L
What's your lighting set up? Mars II 400w LED + 1 x 8w LED bulb
What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time? I use a Temperature Controller w/Sensor to keep it at a constant 25c from the bottom of the plant
What's your ph like, both medium and nutes? The water is always dead on 7, i cannot measure the soil as i only have the litmus paper at the moment
Any pests around? I don't think so, i doubt it
What is your watering schedule ..

I took some more photos, it looks and feels much worse now, the top is all brown and crispy, it just flakes away when you touch it. Sucks, i loved that thing like a brother :(

Hi Dutty, (more info above) ventilation is pretty good i think, i have a reasonably powerful fan bringing air into the cupboard and a more powerful one sucking it out and attached to another vent which leads outside. There is also a small fan inside. Come to think of it, i just got new small fan as the other broke down and the grow area was without one for a few days, possibly around the time it got damaged.

how close it the top of the plant to the lights, and what is your temps at the top of the canopy?? you say 25 at the bottom, but hot air rises..To me, they look like they are cooked, either to hot or too close to the lights...

Hey I noticed a mister bottle have you been spraying the top at all. Also being a compost soil that you added perlite too it may not still drain efficiently.
I'd recommend if you don't already have one getting a hygrometer/thermometer that has a max and min setting that way you can see pretty exactly how your climate in your room is.

Also I think your plants have more than 1 issue
Poor drainage
Lights potentially too close probably not
Magnesium deficiency
Potential nutrient toxicity.

It's a Lil rough but once we can pin point some improvements it will help Your next grow tremendously

Especially if your spraying them at the top as well. Each water droplet is like a magnifying glass. But i still truly think it's a combo of multiple factors on this. But heat obviously got hi at some point.

how close it the top of the plant to the lights, and what is your temps at the top of the canopy?? you say 25 at the bottom, but hot air rises..To me, they look like they are cooked, either to hot or too close to the lights...

I left the thermometer at the top of the plant near the light and it was around 30-34c.

I should also say that, i have had another plant (different strain) in the cupboard alongside that one for roughly the same amount of time and it has not been affected in the same way.

Especially if your spraying them at the top as well. Each water droplet is like a magnifying glass. But i still truly think it's a combo of multiple factors on this. But heat obviously got hi at some point.

I always spray the top of the plants, every day in fact, is this a bad idea?

Hey I noticed a mister bottle have you been spraying the top at all. Also being a compost soil that you added perlite too it may not still drain efficiently.
I'd recommend if you don't already have one getting a hygrometer/thermometer that has a max and min setting that way you can see pretty exactly how your climate in your room is.

Also I think your plants have more than 1 issue
Poor drainage
Lights potentially too close probably not
Magnesium deficiency
Potential nutrient toxicity.

It's a Lil rough but once we can pin point some improvements it will help Your next grow tremendously

I have to say i didn't realize the compost was full of nutrients and i was adding my own every week or 2, i just assumed it was soil i was using, i guess i should use ordinary soil instead?

Back
Top Bottom