gr33n8ud new member and new grow hello

gr33n8ud

Here is my set up:

5x5 gorilla grow tent
2 Advanced LED DS XML 350's
CO2 enhancement with Titan Atlas 2 controller

Here is the layout:

36 - 8"x8"x 10" deep pots in a 6 pot by 6 pot layout.
I offset the lights by putting them toward opposite corners of the tent.
The pots sit in a flood tray that is on a stand about 2 feet off the ground.

I have grown before, without CO2, in this tent, using the same layout. I used Fox Farms Happy Frog with a Hydroton Clay topping and I pH'd everything. It was tedious at times and of course I had times where a pH imbalance was obvious. I also had nutrient issues at times due to RO water and No CalMag and other nute issues I feel sure.

Here are some statement and questions for you with more experience:
1. I want NOT to pH everything that goes to the plant.
Would it be good to add Lime to the Happy Frog to buffer the ph so I don't have to pH everything?
How much lime, 1 TBSP per gallon?
Mixed in or top dressed under the Hydroton?

2. I now use CalMag at 5ml per gallon.
Should I use it with every feeding and watering?

3. I have added CO2 and distribute through a tubing with holes. The tubing is strapped to the top frame of the tent in a back and forth pattern. CO2 is heavier than air so I am concerned that it will all end up under the tray so I have a circulating fan under the tray.
Any better ways?

4. I will be using clones of a Barney's Farm Pineapple Express #2 in a SCROG.
How far above the soil should the screen be?

I will be using the feeding schedule and nutes from Fox Farms.

Any and all helpful suggestions are welcome, as are comments.

Thanks in advance fellow growers!!!

Welcome!! Sounds like a good set up. Others might argue that 36 plants in that space is a little much, but you've done it before, so you can do it again! Definitely start a journal so others can follow along with your grow. We all like helping and learning.

I have some links and video guides in my signature that may be of use to you and your journey here on 420Mag! Glad you joined up brother

:thumb: :welcome:

:welcome: gr33nBud to the number 1 site on the web for cannabis awareness!
Hope all is well in your world.
If you intend to grow, I recommend starting a grow journal so our most experienced growers can find and assist you!
Here are some links that may be of assistance to you:

New Member Start Links
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know
How to Resize, Upload, & Post Photos

There are other links below in my signature that you may also find useful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
We are truly grateful that you have joined us!
Greenest Regards,
:green_heart:

:Namaste:
Beateo

Thanks for the links.......

I have a pressing question.....Am i correct in the following?

Fox Farm Happy Frog with topped dressed lime covered with hydroton will allow me to add fox farm nutes, calmag, and fulvic acid in proper concentration to RO water without having to pH waterings and feeding.

And yes I will be calling Fox Farms Monday---clones go in dirt later in the week.

Thanks

Thanks for the links.......

I have a pressing question.....Am i correct in the following?

Fox Farm Happy Frog with topped dressed lime covered with hydroton will allow me to add fox farm nutes, calmag, and fulvic acid in proper concentration to RO water without having to pH waterings and feeding.

And yes I will be calling Fox Farms Monday---clones go in dirt later in the week.

Thanks

Too many things can be effected by pH. Personally, I would always check pH before watering/ feeding, and check runoff after.

I have a Milwaukee pH meter, but it seems to take forever, 90 minutes, to get a good reading after adjusting. I am not sure why that is but it lead to pH fluctuations that can be seen in the mothers I am growing currently. I started with soil from a previous grow which could be the entire problem. The plants are well into mending. Its been 3 weeks of watering and feeding through top dressed lime scratched in the dirt. I will pH the soil today and the water and runoff and see where I am. I don't have the time to wait on a meter for hours for an exact pH. So the time vs. money choice will be money. Buy new soil, put in pots, add worms, add clone, top dress with lime, top with hydroton. Do that 36 times. Veg for 3 weeks at 24 hour/day--1 week with reduced light, 2 weeks full light and the screen should be full.

I am guessing a journal is simply a new thread titled accordingly and updated regularly?

Back
Top Bottom