Army Vet Gone Hippy

ColoradoGriz

My story is pretty much the common story now among military vets. I was shot, blown up and shot some more. Lived. Army had me on 12 different meds that made me fat, depressed, suicidal and violent. Met a beautiful woman who smoked weed. I promised her that once I got out of the Army, I would try it. I told her if it worked, I would use it, if it didn't, I didn't need it. It worked.

I have been smoking for four years, happy, lost 120 lbs, grew my hair past my shoulders and haven't shaved in years. I just started growing at the end of June and I've learned quite a bit browsing these forums. I'll get around to posting a journal, I've been using an app called GrowBuddy to log everything so I just need to transfer it over.

Peace,:peace:

Griz

Welcome and good luck, thanks for your service. Lets see what you got!!

Not a fellow vet but a fellow griz... Welcome man, hope it all gets sorted for you.... Grizz

Welcome and good luck, thanks for your service. Lets see what you got!!

Thank you. I wish I was better at linking names and posts, Kraize made a great post about photography and LEDs so I'm trying to clean up my photos before I post anything.

Whats up Griz?! Thanks for your service brother. 12 Year 19Delta here. Good luck on the grow!

Scouts Out! I was 11B for 15. I shipped to 3AD in 90 to go LRSD and was misrouted to an 11M unit (Mech Infantry) I was like hell no, I'm Ranger Qualified. So I was stuck in a 19D unit for 3 Months before the Army figured out I was at the wrong base. Before computers. I almost didn't want to leave, scouts were cool dudes. They got lost a lot though lol.

Not a fellow vet but a fellow griz... Welcome man, hope it all gets sorted for you.... Grizz

Thanks Grizz! Always like meeting other Grizs. Never really know how many there are until you try to make a screen name lol.

Thanks for the service, glad to see another Vet going in the right direction. The "meds" are complete bullshit compared to this amazing plant, yet soldiers still are having their lives ruined for using something that literally can help many from suck starting a .45 Best of luck on the future grows. Air Cav;)

Thanks for the service, glad to see another Vet going in the right direction. The "meds" are complete bullshit compared to this amazing plant, yet soldiers still are having their lives ruined for using something that literally can help many from suck starting a .45 Best of luck on the future grows. Air Cav;)

Seems like the CAV folks figured this out long before the grunts did, you guys were always smarter :) I totally agree with you a58guy that the meds are bullshit. In occasion the pain is so bad I need something stronger but those days are growing farther and farther apart. I'm glad the Army is at least testing Marijuana now with Active Duty wounded warriors. Good luck on all your grows man!

ColoradoGriz, Thank you for your service! I agree with what a58dguy said it's truly nice to see other vets on here! If you need anything brother let me know! :thumb:

ColoradoGriz, Thank you for your service! I agree with what a58dguy said it's truly nice to see other vets on here! If you need anything brother let me know! :thumb:

Thanks man! At work following the evolution of your grow! :goodjob: I subbed and will need to go back a few pages when I get home and catch up. Lots of great info on there.

Thanks man! At work following the evolution of your grow! :goodjob: I subbed and will need to go back a few pages when I get home and catch up. Lots of great info on there.

Wow thanks! Can't wait for you to start yours!

Damn quiet the Veteran population here. Good to see.... Cheers for the blown up/ shot up club.....

Cheers!

Cannabis Cup Denver, I checked out a seminar, a group, Pot for Vets or something like that. Too bad they seem to be inactive, it seemed to be set up to get the word out that Marijuana really helps. It sucks that Vets are such a humble bunch and too much attention sends them into hiding. A whole country is thanking us for our service and are eager to help but you get these organizations that really don't do anything. I reached out to Wounded Warriors and all those commercialized organizations and nothing man. They take your name and treat you like a loan applicant.

lol that was my long way of saying I'm glad a lot of Vets are finding it out for themselves. Better yet, GROWING!! Airborne!! (Sorry, I refuse to use the H word)

:peace:

Scouts Out! I was 11B for 15. I shipped to 3AD in 90 to go LRSD and was misrouted to an 11M unit (Mech Infantry) I was like hell no, I'm Ranger Qualified. So I was stuck in a 19D unit for 3 Months before the Army figured out I was at the wrong base. Before computers. I almost didn't want to leave, scouts were cool dudes. They got lost a lot though lol.

You might be the queen of battle but we keep you girls from getting raped haha You bang bangs never want to leave after you visit cav land. We train battle drills just as much but without the stress of EIB it is much more relaxed. We sit back and drink our coffee and watch y'all dig ranger graves and attempt to CFF LOL! Hows the grow going?

You might be the queen of battle but we keep you girls from getting raped haha You bang bangs never want to leave after you visit cav land. We train battle drills just as much but without the stress of EIB it is much more relaxed. We sit back and drink our coffee and watch y'all dig ranger graves and attempt to CFF LOL! Hows the grow going?

Lol

I don't miss being stuck in a bradley though.

The grow is going good, one plant got stressed and showed me her panties early so I'll clone her after she calms down to get my plant count up. I have a buddy going to drop me some clones but I don't like to count my eggs.

Cheers!

Cannabis Cup Denver, I checked out a seminar, a group, Pot for Vets or something like that. Too bad they seem to be inactive, it seemed to be set up to get the word out that Marijuana really helps. It sucks that Vets are such a humble bunch and too much attention sends them into hiding. A whole country is thanking us for our service and are eager to help but you get these organizations that really don't do anything. I reached out to Wounded Warriors and all those commercialized organizations and nothing man. They take your name and treat you like a loan applicant.

lol that was my long way of saying I'm glad a lot of Vets are finding it out for themselves. Better yet, GROWING!! Airborne!! (Sorry, I refuse to use the H word)

:peace:

Hugs ColoradoGriz :hug:

I wanted to welcome you back home and extend a heartfelt thank you for your service to our country.

I am the wife of a veteran. My hubby spent much time in VA hospitals. I just don't see how veterans are able to come back home and thrive when the VA is such a mess. You literally need to be an attorney or have finely honed lobbying skills to get the help and services that are federally mandated and funded, or have a friend or family member who can skillfully cut through all the red tape and departmental bovine scatology. I've sent enough VA doctors and idiots to the carpet with the Inspector General to get my husband the help he needed. I don't allow federal employees at the VA ever treat a veteran with disrespect in my presence. My husband now helps homeless veterans through peer support and technology support via a local non profit organization started by another wife of a veteran just like me.

My husband does not do marijuana but he does consume my hemp smoothies and omelets. I'm the one that needs high CBD marijuana for an auto-immune disorder. Any help or advice you need on hemp nutrition, cannabis cultivation or veteran assistance, please free free to drop me a PM anytime.

Warmest aloha:love:

Hugs ColoradoGriz :hug:I wanted to welcome you back home and extend a heartfelt thank you for your service to our country.I am the wife of a veteran. My hubby spent much time in VA hospitals. I just don't see how veterans are able to come back home and thrive when the VA is such a mess. You literally need to be an attorney or have finely honed lobbying skills to get the help and services that are federally mandated and funded, or have a friend or family member who can skillfully cut through all the red tape and departmental bovine scatology. I've sent enough VA doctors and idiots to the carpet with the Inspector General to get my husband the help he needed. I don't allow federal employees at the VA ever treat a veteran with disrespect in my presence. My husband now helps homeless veterans through peer support and technology support via a local non profit organization started by another wife of a veteran just like me.My husband does not do marijuana but he does consume my hemp smoothies and omelets. I'm the one that needs high CBD marijuana for an auto-immune disorder. Any help or advice you need on hemp nutrition, cannabis cultivation or veteran assistance, please free free to drop me a PM anytime.Warmest aloha:love:
Tell your husband thanks for his service, and his continued service to this country. You, too, BTWFrom your send off I assume you're in Hawaii? The system is a mess, really bad. Thanks to people like you and your husband some vets will get some of what they deserve. Just makes me mad to think where this countries priorities are..... Anyway, just wanted to say hello, and thank you!

Back
Top Bottom