Kalashnikova - Outdoor First Time Grow

thebrambleboy

Hi all,

I recently have been researching how to grow and have decided to take the plunge and grow for the first time.

Little bit wary of all the mix advice I've been receiving, but I'm just taking things slow and letting nature take its course.

I've decided to grow outdoors as I live on a derelict farm so have plenty of space to grow without anyone knowing.

Hope you guys can help give me some tips to improve my first time grow!

Peace

The Bramble Boy

image9497.jpg

So last Saturday I started germinating my seeds on a moist paper towel between two plates. It worked pretty well and by Monday evening I was ready to plant them

image9499.jpg

After 3 days and no signs of any sprouts I started to worry a touch. I had left them outside and had been watering them too much. When I dug the seeds back up they had all been washed to the bottom of each pot and had no chance of breaking the surface, so I calmed down on the watering and made sure the seeds were re planted near the surface. I also moved them indoors under lights for 14 hours and within 1 day they had all sprouted. I would definitely recommend starting them off indoors

image9496.jpg

So this is where I currently am with regards to growth. I'm going to try keep you guys (which seems to be no one at the moment) updated daily, passing on tips from my own experience as I go, as most journals I've looked at are just pics of their plants but no advice? Anyway, I'd highly recommend getting a spray bottle to water you plants with, to avoid my previous issue with washing the plant away. Any tips from you guys would be much appreciated. Peace

You don't need to water too much.I water my seedlings every 4-5 days,depends of the sun they get.I grow on balcony 2 autoflowers,super silver haze & ak47 outdoor in the nature.Super silver and ak are 2 weeks in mountain fresh soil and air.Nothing is better than outdoor grow,but it is not easy...Insects,animals,humans,you depend of weather for the entire grow,you are not close to the plants all the time...You are just doing fine with those babys.You need to keep them on sunlight at the day,at night keep them under cfl to get faster start.If you hold your plants only under cfl they will later get stressed because of the diferent light spectrum and the whole different environment.I hope you will get nice big plants outdoor,i will folow this journal so if i can help i will...Sorry for bad english

You don't need to water too much.I water my seedlings every 4-5 days,depends of the sun they get.I grow on balcony 2 autoflowers,super silver haze & ak47 outdoor in the nature.Super silver and ak are 2 weeks in mountain fresh soil and air.Nothing is better than outdoor grow,but it is not easy...Insects,animals,humans,you depend of weather for the entire grow,you are not close to the plants all the time...You are just doing fine with those babys.You need to keep them on sunlight at the day,at night keep them under cfl to get faster start.If you hold your plants only under cfl they will later get stressed because of the diferent light spectrum and the whole different environment.I hope you will get nice big plants outdoor,i will folow this journal so if i can help i will...Sorry for bad english

Hey guerillahaze! Thanks for the advice really appreciate it. Hope your grows are going well!

image9524.jpg

Hi all,

So it's been 8 days since I started these off but I'm quite pleased with how things are going. I'm still curious and there is a lot I don't know obviously as a first time grower but so far I'm enjoying the process. I'm currently house sitting so I've had to move the plants (which has been stressful for both the plants and myself). I had them out in the sun all afternoon yesterday, which seemed to do them good, but they're back inside today as it is shocking weather with no sun what so ever. As you can see, the plants have began to stretch a touch, but not concerned about it and as I previously said an pleased with how things are going. Any tips as ever are much appreciated. Most sprouts now have 4 small leaves, which is positive. Happy 420 guys

image9542.jpg
image9541.jpg
image9540.jpg

Morning all,

Day 9 and not a lot has changed, but I'm still pleased. The top picture shows my strongest sprout, measuring at 3 inches.

The middle picture shows a technique I copied off someone online to prevent them from stretching too much.

The last photo is of my weakest sprout. If anyone has any idea of why this one is struggling so bad id appreciate advice on how to help this little plant. Sorry my photos are sideways I'm not sure how to stop it doing that. They're back out in the sun today as it's a beautiful day in the UK.

Peace

image9613.jpg

Hi guys

Today has been dreadful!! Had a rubbish day at work and an even worse day at home. Been moving around a lot lately and to cut a long story short two of my plants snapped! I expected to lose 1 but 2 in the same day hurts!!! The other 3 are going better than I thought they would, further care and attention will be taken! Anyway happy growing all!

image10112.jpg

image10111.jpg
image10110.jpg

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't posted in agessss just sort of forgot about it and have been trying no to worry too much. Anyway these pictures show the plants about 3 days ago, and I have since transplanted them into bigger pots. I thought I'd lost 3 but one managed to survive and it doing well. I'm learning that this is a longgggg process but fun non the less

Hope everyone's grows are going well. As always all advice and feedback is welcome.
Peace

image10224.jpg

Evening guys!

I've just left the plants for three days and almost forgot about them. The weather here has been dreadful! There has been no sun, and more rain than we've had all winter. I went to my spot today, which no one will ever find, and checked on the plants. Beauty of this spot is it's exposed to sunlight, sheltered from wind and pests, and I can get to it, check the plants and get back into bed within 5 mins. Dreamy. Anyway, I was not expecting the progress i saw, very pleased. Take a look. Peace

Back
Top Bottom